Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

+
Need more people to confirm for me that the 15.20-150505a drivers fix the crashing issue.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399410

Yea I don't get it, I loaned one just to see if I can get it to crash like you guys are having and I can't. I'm using the latest beta drivers on a fresh install of windows 8.1 and the game is working GREAT! lol So I have a feeling even though the Windows 10 driver fixes it, it has something to do with your system or hardware. Not saying your fault, just saying what I think it causing it with their game.

yes there is something with our hardware and its the r9 285 and amd's fault :p there are too many people with the issue

yes there is something with our hardware and its the r9 285 and amd's fault :p there are too many people with the issue

I meant I don't get it as in I thought loaning one I would be able to get the crashes to happen lol not like you guys are lying. Maybe it's a certain brand or maybe old driver settings stick around. I'm still looking into it.

I meant I don't get it as in I thought loaning one I would be able to get the crashes to happen lol not like you guys are lying. Maybe it's a certain brand or maybe old driver settings stick around. I'm still looking into it.

lol no...we have rolled back driver, fresh installed new ones, problem still persists. read through this post and you will see all of the examples of troubleshooting these owners have gone through. My system is no slouch and runs all of my other games just fine. This is the ONLY game iv'e had a crash problem with.

Oh and another thing. Fresh WIN8.1 install, drivers up to date, no problems reported in MEMTEST, no registry errors, and nothing besides a driver error in my crash log.

Got my hands on a GTX 750...got past the combat crashes...be back in a bit to update.

Last edited:
Need more people to confirm for me that the 15.20-150505a drivers fix the crashing issue.

It works. I played 10 hours extensive fighting and not a single crash + no frame drops. What the problem to try it yourself? It's not likely you card gonna explode or something.

So to install 15.20-150505a you need to:
1. Use ddu in safe mode to delete old driver http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505
2. Disable the driver signature enforcement by pressing f8 during boot up or whatever get you into advanced boot options. then Install driver http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399410

Took the R9 285 out, replaced with an HD6870. No crashes, solid frames. Gonna RMA the 285 and use it towards an upgrade on another card. Cheers guys.

Took the R9 285 out, replaced with an HD6870. No crashes, solid frames. Gonna RMA the 285 and use it towards an upgrade on another card. Cheers guys.

Dear god you are going to RMA it for one game, its not a broken card. I've seen you in all these thread so I know you know about the problems ranging from 970's to Titan X's. It the game not the card. Every game with Gameworks has had massive crashing problems for the first few weeks. Look at Farcry 4, AC:BF, or dying light.

HD6870 got 25-40 fps in hd on low-med. can't name it solid. It'd be funny if your new card'd have problems with game. Its still an early release and much updates drivers patches yet to come. I dont think that problem is in videocard itself but in drivers and code.

Im with the first win10 driver, You recommend installing the new ones? There is a noticeable difference in fps? I dont want to waste more time y just want to play the game... Im playing in high post and high graphics with stable 50/60 frames. Someone test both drivers?

Im with the first win10 driver, You recommend installing the new ones? There is a noticeable difference in fps? I dont want to waste more time y just want to play the game... Im playing in high post and high graphics with stable 50/60 frames. Someone test both drivers?
Lelk said he tested them out and no crashing so I would say it is very worth it to give it a go.

Me too, this driver is awesome :D

Can confirm that. Every previous driver version made my fans working at full throttle(big noise) now with this driver there is silence, cant believe my ears. And the game runs smooth in combat scenes.
I am actually wondering what is this big difference between win 10 and my win 7 which makes the gpu fans acting from crazy to normal?

HD6870 got 25-40 fps in hd on low-med. can't name it solid. It'd be funny if your new card'd have problems with game. Its still an early release and much updates drivers patches yet to come. I dont think that problem is in videocard itself but in drivers and code.

LOL if i started having problems with BOTH cards, id be at the store purchasing a nVidia product...which already seriously considering.

Looks good! Just went back to the infamous Wandering In the Dark save point and did it twice back to back with NO CRASH and good performance. I'll do another amdsurvey submission with an update to increase visibility with AMD. Getting a fix for this with software that was already in the pipeline is encouraging, I hope AMD can get this out into the next official Beta or Omegas soon!

Absolutely incredible! I have finished the game! 3 Days, 0 Hours, 52 Minutes, 22 Seconds. I switched out the R9 285 for an HD6870 and RMA'd the R9 285 and got lucky XFX is sending me an R9 290, no prob. I advise you guys RMA your hardware because obviously there is a problem and most companies are well aware of it. Also you know with AMD it could take a year for them to fix the drivers for the more recent cards. I finished the game on a not so great card, but i absolutely enjoyed playing with no crashing. Cheers you guys, and best of luck to all of you.

Top Bottom