Avallac'h # White frost # Ciri # Geralt # Endings

+
Avallac'h # White frost # Ciri # Geralt # Endings

so i'm a bit confused about several things regarding the games ending and Avallac'h and also Ciri's encounter with the white frost. I'll just write my questions and if you can please try to answer them.

#1 What happens to Avallac'h after Ciri enters the portal and faces the white frost?
Based on books to my understanding Avallac'h was also concerned in the aen elle's king's death. It was he and Eredin who killed the king wasn't it? despite he tells geel that it was only Eredin who killed the king.

At the end Avallac'h drops his sword and does not fight Geralt. What happens to Avallac'h after that? does Geralt kill him? I think he would deserve to die. He manipulated most of the main characters with a bad intention and he would probably do itagain..

#2 What happens to the white frost? Does Ciri stop it? we only see her entering the portal and then appearing in velen.
If the white frost is defeated then the aen elle world is secured aswell, so the elves no longer need to invade other worlds?

so i'm a bit confused about several things regarding the games ending and Avallac'h and also Ciri's encounter with the white frost. I'll just write my questions and if you can please try to answer them.

#1 What happens to Avallac'h after Ciri enters the portal and faces the white frost?
Based on books to my understanding Avallac'h was also concerned in the aen elle's king's death. It was he and Eredin who killed the king wasn't it? despite he tells geel that it was only Eredin who killed the king.

At the end Avallac'h drops his sword and does not fight Geralt. What happens to Avallac'h after that? does Geralt kill him? I think he would deserve to die. He manipulated most of the main characters with a bad intention and he would probably do itagain..

#2 What happens to the white frost? Does Ciri stop it? we only see her entering the portal and then appearing in velen.
If the white frost is defeated then the aen elle world is secured aswell, so the elves no longer need to invade other worlds?
1) He wanted to stop white frost because it was killing aen elle, that's why he needed Ciri. I guess after the white frost was defeated he just go to home. Dunno about bad intentions, the white frost wasn't just elves problem, Geralt world will die as well in the future, he didn't tell Geralt about stopping the white frost, but Cirir obviously knew about this plan . No, he didn't kill the king, Eredin did this.
2) Yes, it seems she stopped it.

Last edited:

I am not familiar with the books. But I'm curious about how Avallac'h got outmaneuvered by Eredin if both of them were involved in the regicide. I thought they disliked each other from the beginning and their position of power were similar. Surely they both knew if the king was dead, only one of them could come on top. Maybe he didn't have the guts to proclaim himself as the new king?

as i know they both played a role in the kings death and also before that they ( eredin and avallach) was comrads they stayed very close to the king and actually they had power over aen elle politics. they tryed to reproduce the elder blood using ciri. they tried to make an elder blood child for the king aubreon( if it was his name) and ciri but the sex attempts failed. then they decided to kill the king, but suddenly ciri escaped. i dont know what happend between eredin and avallach then , but it was probably the different ways they wanted to use ciri, even tho their goals was similar: reproduce elven elder blood using ciri and saving aen elle world.

Avallach also tells Geralt in Tw3 on the ship. that they were doing similar researches on elves and thats how they created the " golden child" Caranthir who can also manipulate time and space and teleport and stuff like that.

There are also signs in the game that Avallach wants to use ciri to produce an elven child of elder blood( like fucking ciri or dno exactly). But it also seems that Ciri is unaware of these issues with avallach. But it seems that Geralt is aware of these and i dont understand why he doesn't just cut the head off of avallach at the end. it would be so easy for him, like 1 little swing of his sword.

sz0ty0l4;1723437 #2 What happens to the white frost? Does Ciri stop it? we only see her entering the portal and then appearing in velen. If the white frost is defeated then the aen elle world is secured aswell said:
I'm similar to you as well, lots of things not explained (or looking to deeply, one of the two). As far as I see it, there are 2 ways to interpret Ciri's fight with the white frost. 1, she fights and defeats it at the conjunction of spheres, or 2, she fights it on that world and survives the encounter in order to fight it again on another world, maybe her own at a later date?

It's hard to be sure. In the ending where Ciri dies fighting the White Frost (I haven't done this), does that mean the White Frost has been defeated with Ciri dying in the process ala martyrdom or does the White Frost win, killing Ciri in the process thereby committing the universe do death by frost? I guess, is the story fixed in that Ciri defeats the white frost, regardless of her survival or not?

If she does fight and defeat it, I would love to know or see how. Especially as just before she does so she claims this is her story!

When I saw her jump in the conjunction, I was hoping I'd get to play as her or see how she fought and defeated the white frost. Maybe an expansion pack or something?

Can't be sure, my endgame Geralt could kill all this monsters easily. But you know, for every witcher there is a peasant's pitchfork...

I think in that situation it was more important to consider that he might not WANT to get out alive.

Regarding the bad ending,do you think that Geralt survived?
I saw a video on Youtube with this ending, and in the end credits, were basically your decisions are shown, Geralt is not mentioned.
You know the last thing is that the fate of Ciri is unknown and after that - nothing. Normally Geralts fate would be described here, either being with Triss/Yen or being a Lone Wolf doing what he can do best: Killing Monsters.
But no nothing, so yes I think he dies.

So how exactly Ciri defeated the White Frost is unexplainable?

When i saw the ending i just accepted it for now, but after processing everything that seems to be really shallow.

Well, you could argue that it doesn't matter how exactly she did it, as long as she did it, but it's still shallow.

I guess Sapkowski wasn't the only one having problems with that issue.

So how exactly Ciri defeated the White Frost is unexplainable?

When i saw the ending i just accepted it for now, but after processing everything that seems to be really shallow.

Well, you could argue that it doesn't matter how exactly she did it, as long as she did it, but it's still shallow.

I guess Sapkowski wasn't the only one having problems with that issue.

Agreed. I guess that's what you get for having weather - sentient or not - as the big bad...

Personally i thought they handled it right. I don't think they could visually convey Ciri defeating White Frost & freeing all worlds, so its best to leave it as it is shown.
As for Avallac'h, his aim seems to be to stop the white frost threatening his home. I think he may have amorous intentions towards Ciri(hence the elven girlfriend's tirade), perhaps just because of her bloodline. Geralt can be suspicious of his intentions but don't think that justifies hacking him down without proof.

if you go by the game's endings it is all very much dependent on the choices you made, like being with triss/yen or alone, how ever i do not think he dies if you get the bad ending, because geralt obviously mops the floor with the last crone(well yes i guess that he could be injured and die in the process BUT he wouldnt allow himself to die before he took her head off) and is seen gripping ciri's medallion(is it the medallion she took from vesimir's pyre?)
and looks like geralt is sobbing(?) or doing something akin to sobbing.

regarding the white frost i have to go with @wright1978 way of thinking because it makes the most sense... what can someone do against weather? shoot lightning bolts out of their ass at it? admittedly it would be funny to see but a down right silly victory portrayal...

She takes a medallion
from Ciri earlier during the fight under the oak.

This may not indicate any further contact at all TBH.

#2 I'm pretty sure that Ciri stops the white frost in every ending because each ending shows the ice shattering after she enters the portal

The White Frost in the video games universe appears to be some sort of godlike monster.

Ice Cthulhu basically.

Maybe a runaway spell or something.

Either way, Ciri punches it to death.

Top Bottom