[PC] Cutscene FPS drop

+
Witcher 3 Patch 1.05 notes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest

Guest 3819801

Ok the HT isn't use at all and a one core heavier load each time like we said.

It seems that there is use of ht actually. Look how there is 22 fps in every case even when using only 2 cores but with hyper-threading "on" cpu usage is not 19-20% but only 10% which is twice less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest

Hope it will fully fixed.

Thank you for your sharing ;)

---------- Updated at 08:32 PM ----------

It seems that there is use of ht actually. Look how there is 22 fps in every case even when using only 2 cores but with hyper-threading "on" cpu usage is not 19-20% but only 10% which is twice less.

It's strange cause all your HT cores are stuck at 0%

Edit : compare 4 cores HT / 4 cores - exactly half the overall cpu use. so I think HT isn't used, the monitoring just consider that your virtual cores double the capacity of the cpu. But maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Guest 3819801

It's strange cause all your HT cores are stuck at 0%

Yep, it is absolutely strange. Performance is strange in this game from the beginning...
Yet the performance is same (22fps) but twice less cpu usage. :D What a joke really. I am laughing right now.

Btw that guy who had gpu usage in main menu and 1500fps+ told that he has pirate version of game. Maybe pirated version runs better than ours? :D
I have no other reasonable explanation for this.

I get like 3300+ FPS in main menu and like 29 FPS in cutscenes 3770k @ 4.4 and crossfire 290x

If I turn off crossfire, FPS in menu goes down but cutscenes is the same.

Guest 3819801

Seems like 353.06 Nvidia driver didn't fix this problem. Well it is known that this problem has nothing to do with driver version. But still letting you know.

Those laggy cutscenes (Intro, Ciri/Wild Hunt scene, loading screens) have been bothering me since release and up until the NPC pop-in issue, it was my most sought after bug fix. Still crossing my fingers for both to be addressed in 1.05 (along with what others have experienced like for instance the xp bug).

OH NM I thought it was the official release ones, forget my comment.

I think problem is driver related, because everyone have same game, how come some people with amd 7870 and gtx 680 can run pre rendered cutscene on 60 fps and some gamers with gtx 970 can't maintain 27 fps. I think problem is with nvidia and amd, probably older generation of hardware is not affected with certain coding bugs in new drivers because it was meant specifically for current gen gpu-s. Sry for bad Englsih.

Guest 3819801

I think problem is driver related, because everyone have same game, how come some people with amd 7870 and gtx 680 can run pre rendered cutscene on 60 fps and some gamers with gtx 970 can't maintain 27 fps. I think problem is with nvidia and amd, probably older generation of hardware is not affected with certain coding bugs in new drivers because it was meant specifically for current gen gpu-s. Sry for bad Englsih.

You didn't read previous pages do you?
We determined that it's not driver related (same driver version, yet some have this problem and some not)/not GPU related (with same drivers and same gpus there is a chance that someone will have this issue and some will not)/not windows version related/not CPU clock related.

So again no... It's not driver related.

I tried the lastest Nvidia drivers 353.06 and still no change, still the lack of sound bug too (HDMI on TV). Still can't play after 2 weeks.

For the Mishikedman's suggest, I think it's still a possibility. A bad combination of engine + driver + hardware, everything is possible. I realy hope CDPR fixed that in their next 1.05 patch.

---------- Updated at 04:20 PM ----------

Look at the last answer from their tech support, they keep the same way to take us for remained after all I replied them!

Hello there,

As for cinematics and storybooks - we've designed them to be in 24FPS and we're not planning on changing that.
In certain instances 30 is better than 60 and that's what happens here.

I'm sorry if it spoils you're gaming experience.

Regards,

It's the last time I purchase any product from these thieves and liars. And you should do the same thing, everyone.

Last edited:
I tried the lastest Nvidia drivers 353.06 and still no change, still the lack of sound bug too (HDMI on TV). Still can't play after 2 weeks.

For the Mishikedman's suggest, I think it's still a possibility. A bad combination of engine + driver + hardware, everything is possible. I realy hope CDPR fixed that in their next 1.05 patch.

For what i reed people with Maxwell and Tahiti are affected. Older generation of cards Kepler appears to run ok.

Very annoying issue that completely ruins the immersion.

There definitely appears to be some kind of cap in place, My fps on these videos sits between 17 and 19 fps. No changes I have tried make even the slightest difference.

The rest of the game is at about 60!

I'm curious does the menu have a video playing as part of it. Seems weird that it has the same problem.

There is no way that they intended these videos to jerk in the way they do.

Guest 3819801

There is no way that they intended these videos to jerk in the way they do.

Ofc not, but I am afraid we can't contact developers directly about this problem and those jerks in tech support don't provide developers with information we give them. There is a big chance they don't even know about this problem because tech group didn't tell them about this issue we have.

Hello,

Please locate the visuals.ini file in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base folder. Open the file with notepad and change MovieFramerate=30 to MovieFramerate=60.
Keep in mind that cinematic experience was created for 30 FPS, so changing it may result in some visual glitches.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Grzegorz Arwar

On 31 May 2015 at 11:46, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: Windows
OS version: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Amount of RAM: 8192MB
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver update-date: 5/18/2015 15:35:43, 15858920 bytes

Boxed or digital: digital
Vendor: Steam
Game code: N/A

User email:
Problem description:
i don\'t realy understand... if set fps unlimited and vsync on ingame and nvidia control panel vsync on and use rivatuner for limit frame to 30....i have stable 30fps and 33,3ms frametime on cutscene (without stuttering drop) but the strange if u go more than 30fps limit for example 35fps cutscene go to 28 29fps and frametime jump from 20 to 30 to 40ms with a lot of stuttering, without any sense... the question is why if i setting the 30 limit i can have 30 rock solid fps but if setting more than 30fps the cutscene go at 28...??? soz for my english >)) i hope can understand ps the same issue with fps on game...if set 45fps limit i don\'t have frame drops but if set more for example 50 in the same place my framerate go from 50 to 30 to 40 ect...with 45 is stable no drops...

IT'S A JOKE...or no -.-
IT'S A BOT

Last edited:
Well for me, it's not about the FPS the cutscenes are played at... it's more about how choppy or jittery they are... Mine play at 30 FPS but still it's far from smooth... I've even extracted the actual videos from the game file and they in fact play fine and silky smooth!... So I know exactly how they are supposed to run! BTW, I'm running non overclocked i5 4690 and GTX 980...

Last edited:
Top Bottom