Looking Back on the TW Trilogy, what would you change about it ?

+
^^THIS!!^^ So much THIS!^^ ...although no matter what we rant about in these forums it won't change a thing. The deed is done & there goes Geralt's final chapter of the saga..just a freakin' stepping stone for Ciri's..thrilled.

Ciri's role was too small, IMHO, and I think she's the greatest character in the saga alongside Geralt.

Ciri's role was too small, IMHO, and I think she's the greatest character in the saga alongside Geralt.

Too small? How?
The whole game was about her, everyone and every other plotline got shafted in favour of her
The only thing that remains is to make her the protagonist for real and get rid of Geralt completely

Too small? How?
The whole game was about her, everyone and every other plotline got shafted in favour of her
The only thing that remains is to make her the protagonist for real and get rid of Geralt completely

You only get a few select sidequests where she gets to massacre mooks. I would have preferred an entire section of the game devoted to her.

Like Ellie in The Last of Us.

You only get a few select sidequests where she gets to massacre mooks. I would have preferred an entire section of the game devoted to her.

Like Ellie in The Last of Us.
There is possibility of a full witcher game with Ciri but TW3 is the end for Geralt and it's a really unsatisfying one IMO. :'(

There is possibility of a full witcher game with Ciri but TW3 is the end for Geralt and it's a really unsatisfying one IMO. :'(

Agreed & I strongly feel that this was CDPR's plan all along BUT in doing so they really ignored providing a PROPER closure for Geralt, thus the players themselves. Geralt presumably got his memory back so why the hell can't we find out what he did during his time with the Hunt or how the f**k did he manage to flee the Read Riders??? If Eredin allowed him to, WHY???!!! Also, this game's title is "Wild Hunt"...we got literally close to nothing on their motivations, Eredin's character was just a B-L-A-N-K GENERIC baddie which I totally despise..It feels lazy & rushed & at this point in time I couldn't give a damn about side-story stuff as the main plot, the main driver behind Geralt's intentions fell short to deliver... also Geralt & Yen's interactions, I would have loved to find out more about each other's time while abducted, Geralt telling Yen about what he went through to get her back, his sacrifice and it's impact on their relationship's dynamics..but no, the game just pushes ahead as if Geralt's recovered memories, Eredin's plans, his character and most of the cool stuff that could have provided a proper rounded closure for Geralt was given the boot to make place for... <drum rolls please>...Ciri.. which I really don't mind ..AT ALL...but give Geralt the ending he deserves not just 2 phrases in a slideshow damn it! ...uninstalled the game until this gets the proper attention it deserves from CDPR.. hope they're happy with the new audiences brought in but this was a big disservice to old-time fans of the series eversince the first Witcher (and I'm not talking about the Enhanced Edition!).

The carry over from saves, the game just got overhauled story-wise every new game, Mass Effect was way more consistent there.
The fighting system, one fighting system for all games.
The signs and combat, more possibilities, more deepness. The minimalistic sign gameplay is boring, as is the lack of different fighting styles and different weapons in the games.

We got Eredin's motivations. Their world is dying so they want to flee to this one.

They just don't know its doomed too.

The Wild Hunt were still terrible and laughable antagonists
Probably even Bioware level (Corypheus in DA I)

I strongly disagree. The Wild Hunt is not interested in talking, makes its presence known, and is terrifying. The idea all villains have to sit you down for tea is kind of ludicrous, IMHO.

I strongly disagree. The Wild Hunt is not interested in talking, makes its presence known, and is terrifying. The idea all villains have to sit you down for tea is kind of ludicrous, IMHO.

And it's pathetic at that. Bloody Skyrim has a better antagonist.

And it's pathetic at that. Bloody Skyrim has a better antagonist.

I disagree and think the Battle of Caer Morhen was extremely well handled. Admittedly, though, I'm not really sure the Wild Hunt had to appear beyond that.

What was your problem with the Hunt, anyway?

This is most idiotic thing I've read here. So giving a villain proper motivations is somehow making him less scary? What a load of crap. The best villains are the ones whose characters we can know and fear. This is a pathetic attempt to defend the villain of the game which was quite frankly very amateur.

This is most idiotic thing I've read here. So giving a villain proper motivations is somehow making him less scary? What a load of crap. The best villains are the ones whose characters we can know and fear. This is a pathetic attempt to defend the villain of the game which was quite frankly very amateur.

I'm confused as to what isn't a "proper motivation" about the fact they're after your daughter because she has the power to allow them to invade other realities. The Wild Hunt wants Ciri for her power and we know that from the very beginning.

I'm confused as to what isn't a "proper motivation" about the fact they're after your daughter because she has the power to allow them to invade other realities. The Wild Hunt wants Ciri for her power and we know that from the very beginning.
*shakes head

They are (1) the co-titular character, (2) the primary antagonist, (3) the main mystery of the series, (4) the character that has interacted with all 3 lead characters more than any of them have interacted with each other (5) a character prominent in the series.

With me so far?

They have 10 lines of dialogue.

10 lines of dialogue in a 200 hour game. The main baddie has more lines in the TRAILER than he does in the game. We get no more characterization of who he is besides other characters TELLING YOU who he is. He is THE MOST forgetful villain I have seen in recent memory, belonging more out of the stories written by teenage boys than a decent writer. Name me ONE thing that stands out about the Wild Hunt? One thing that makes them special? They are typically meat-head big bad guys, with no personality, no character, no depth and no purpose besides being a stand-in villain for freaking winter.

Even idiotic Marvel comic book movies have more depth to their villains than Witcher 3 affords its antagonist. If you think that's a sufficient character, I can't wait to see how your head explodes when you watch Citizen Kane or for a more industry-specific standard: Silent Hill 2, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Spec Ops the Line, and countless more.

It's like you are an apologist who can't admit any fault with the Witcher 3, particularly the most GLARING problem in the game

Do you know who is one of the greatest villains of fantasy?

Sauron.

How many lines of dialogue does he have?

Zero.

The Wild Hunt's threat is in their constant presence and threat to Ciri's life.

Top Bottom