CDPR Please move Books and Scrolls from Inventory into 'Glossary' section

+
CDPR Please move Books and Scrolls from Inventory into 'Glossary' section

Wherever I go into my inventory, I have to scroll past seamingly hundreds of books and scrolls just to get to my bombs and potions etc. CDPR have already implemented a glossary section where we can READ about monsters, character etc.

Why not have all the books and scrolls in the glossary - aka the READING section! All you need is a separate Tab in the glossary section called "library" where all the books, letters, and scrolls collected are listed and can be read.

Alot of people have already complained about the inventory management system, and this will be just one way to begin addressing the issue and free up the very cluttered inventory.

If nothing else, add another tab(or two)! Call the first one Library for the ease of it. Anything that can be read goes into there and once it's read, an entry would appear in a linked glossary heading, maybe call it "Journal". This would then allow the acquired book/scroll/note to be moved from "Library" to a new tab called "Junk" or "Vendor Trash" whatever.

Key here is, it shouldn't do it automatically...some folks are pack-rats and they LIKE to keep everything...that's fine, it should just be an option. But, those kind additions couldn't be easy to code. I am sure they would have done it during development...surely someone beta testing it would have brought up how cluttered the inventory can become and FAST I might add.

Good idea! I too find it complicated looking for my bombs and elixirs when there are mixed contracts and books in a section and vise.versa :) Books deserve their own shelf!

I have to add my vote for this, after awhile if you aren't paying very careful attention it can be easy to miss which of the notes was new (say you're too quick on the draw and brush over it, thus removing the star) so you have to pick through looking for the recent note, and it's easy to forget which books you've already purchased, stolen, whathaveyou. I really hope inventory is touched up in one of the expansions we see later this year.

Why do some people want this game so simplified?

I in fact love that there are so many items and there is so many things..

... It is a book ... It's a ITEM in the WORLD of Geralt.

Glossary Section IS Geralt OWN words on what has happened or what he knows.
Both monsters and characters.

Last edited:
Why do some people want this game so simplified?

I don't want it simple, or easy...I would like the option to make it more neat. I would like the option to arrange my inventory the way I like it...and it stay that way.

Some people live in a messy house and don't mind at all...some, not so much...

I don't want it simple, or easy...I would like the option to make it more neat. I would like the option to arrange my inventory the way I like it...and it stay that way.

Some people live in a messy house and don't mind at all...some, not so much...

Exactly this. Decluttering the inventory system is needed. This has nothing to do with simplification. As it currently stands, the inventory system is overly cumbersome. During combat trying to access my potions, food, bombs etc is jarring enough without first having to wait for the inventory lag, and then scrolling through tens and tens of unecessary books, letters and scrolls.

You say that a glossary is "what gerald knows". Well when he's done reading a book he "knows the information", so it can be shifted from inventory into library etc.

I understand when you say that a book is 'an item', but this is a completely superfluos "item" that doesn't need to be in the inventory at all. A good example is how letters and books relating to quests have their own 'quest' section. However, once the quest is completed the letter or book gets relocated back into the inventory. Why this is so I don't know? It becomes junk at that point, as it is no longer needed for anything. You can't even sell it for more that 1 gold coin. So what's the point letting it clutter the inventory unecessarily? At worse auto delete them, at least let them be auto allocated into the glossary section.

Top Bottom