Proposition to CD Projeckt Red regarding card collector

+
Proposition to CD Projeckt Red regarding card collector

So like a lot of people, I am loving Gwent. It is a really addictive game and a really nice distraction from the main story quests and side quests. However, also like a lot of people, I am not loving having to try and find every card, especially ones that are missable, locked out due to bugs/ glitches (the merchant in Claywich for example) or the ones that are quite simply a pain to find.

So I have come up with a suggestion for CD project Red. In a future patch, they should add in a NPC character who owns every single card in the game (call him the master card collector or something along those lines).

Now everytime you challenge him to a round of Gwent and beat him, he will give you one random card from his deck that you do not currently own. You can do this an unlimited amount of times until you own every single card in the game. After that, you do not receive anything for beating him. It would result in collecting all cards not being such a slog and more importantly, non missable as well

Now I realise that CD P Red probably do not want people simply challenging him and not actually exploring for cards, which is why I propose that you can only play this NPC after you have reached Lvl 40. He should also be one of the toughest opponents in the game. That way, at least you will have played the game for a lengthy period of time and have about 90% of the cards collected legitimately anyway.

It will probably never happen but I do think someone should bring it to CD P Red's attention

I agree with the general idea, but it should only apply to cards you can no longer get- not cards that you can get from others still available in your game.

I also agree with you, and they can even add a npc who sell all the cards too (or just the missing one if you don't want all cards). Now the game is not fair and we can miss few cards easily...

Please CDPRJEKT, hear us and add this nice feature.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Why not make a tournament like the Arena in Witcher 2, where you can fight, fist fight or play gwent with an additional multiplayer part?

Why not make a tournament like the Arena in Witcher 2, where you can fight, fist fight or play gwent with an additional multiplayer part?

Please... You have a nice idea but the goal here is to find a way to get the missable card, author offer a trivial way to earn these. I agree with him but I think a npc who sold card would be good too. Let's see and hope if CDPROJEKT answer and understand us.

Pretty sure this was already mentioned and they are thinking of a way of putting those missable cards back in the game somehow (like the innkeeper from White Orchard one). Hopefully at least on an NPC that will not disappear later on :p I disagree thought that there should be a single NPC with every card that you could buy from. There is a trophy for the whole collection after all, and it would be no achievement if you could buy all of the cards.

I'm loving some of the suggestions on this thread. I agree that CD P Red shouldnt make it an easy trophy/ achievement to obtain but they need to try and strike a balance because at the moment, there are just to many variables working against us in order to collect all the cards.

I'm praying that CD P Red acknowledge this!

Hey,

I have to agree, missable gwent card is really sad and not fair... Change at least the fact no card can be missed and can be won when we play. Add a special NPC like the op said or many NPC but please act and do something.

A NPC vendor ? hummm I would say OK but only for the highly missable card and at an expensive price !

Dear CD Projekt, please... fix this system, we need a way to get back or buy the missable cards. It's too lame actually... I have to be honnest, I screwed my card achievement because I missed few cards. I played the story thinking I could play casually Gwent after it but nope... I missed apparently lot of card and now they are lot forever...

I like the idea to play card in The Witcher but it's crazy to miss card forever in this game... So yes I would like you to fix this please !!!!

But are there any word from CD Projeckt about fixing the missable cards ? I mean maybe they don't care about it... Anyone knows if they will do something or even if it's planned to fix the problem ?

Great idea ! I'm OK with this solution (if you saw my face when I missed few cards pfff), but do you guys think CDprojekt will listen or even read this post ? I have doubt :S

I agree with this proposition. But can someone tell me if there are a lot of missable cards ? Why are they missable, I mean, there are a lot of npc player no ? I'm confused and sad to see we can miss cards.

Or they should activate markers on the map once there are only 10-20 cards left to collect.

that wouldnt help the problem this thread is about ... it would just eliminate the need to either keep a list of your own, use a guide or just run around playing everyone over again :p (so basically "just" a QoL thing that will be left to modders)

Because I'm at a point where I think I've visited all villages and played gwent with all possible people that might have a card, but the quest still there. We can see if an npc potentially has a new card seeing at dialog choice color, but I even ever played with 2 or three new NPC but they didn't give me new cards.

And how do we know we already have all cards or how many cards still missing without manually count them ?

Last edited:
I agree but here the problem is missable card, now we have no chance to win them back... so it's lost forever. I don't find it fair, the Gwent card game should allow player to win all cards when they want. There shouldn't be missable cards.

Yeah like the first innkeep we met when still travelling with Vesemir, named Edna or something, but later she fled out of town after we fought with guards. She had some cards for sale, luckily I bought them first and I've made Gwent Cards my priority stuffs to buy whenever they're available for sale. Dunno if those cards are then missable cards, but it seems like it.

All Gwent cards should be always obtainable despite story choices

This would be a great improvement, since many story choices kill off characters or block the player from obtaining various Gwent cards. This can be fustrating, especially if players are aiming to achieve Collect 'Em All. Because of this, many of us will never have a complete collection because we cannot obtain certain cards as our story choices have prevented us from doing so.
Please allow us to collect every Gwent card no matter what, CD Projekt Red.

Op is right, hope they will fix that problem.

There are a lot of other missable cards, the prologue one isn't really a problem. Dandelion orJohn Natalis per example are missable and that's not fun...

Top Bottom