[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I really hope we don't have to wait for the Enhanced Edition....that would take way to long and now i cant play this fantastic game again because the ending is so horrible.
I know its sounds weird but this destroys the game for me.
I tried second playthrough but i stopped again after a few minutes because i know whats coming in the end...
And a few dlcs for armor and weapons are not changing it...

I know its sounds harsh and i don't like to say it, but i'm happy that i don't preordered the season pass too...

The post ending is really needed for the biggest open world game so far, but the true is they did not finish the game, they rush it and the post ending is the result of it. Dont get me wrong, the rest of the game is almost perfect, and in my opinion the witcher 3 is the best game i played so far, but not only the post ending but even all endings of the game are pretty bad and not fit for an epic game like this, with mods is pretty hard to fix it because we need voice actors to do it, a dlc is sadly the only solution.

Last edited:
@Riddlin
Anything that related to giving us proper ending make sense to me and to many people, probably even CDPR themselves. We know what they're capable of, they did manage to pull off a great complex game from scratch. I Agree, populating the world with all the main characters after mainstory ends is the most minimalistic effort they could do, and I'm sure it'll have impact to how players feel even after the mainstory ends. IIRC it's said before last chapter, which probably before preparations for the final battle, but it doesn't matter after which chapter because main supporting characters are gone and he's totally alone, which breaks the immersion completely.

They created a gigantic world, filled the world with a lot of stories, it's a story driven game, even the sidequests have stories of their own. The mainstory and the sidestories and the huge world and the exploration are backing up each other. It's just isn't fair once the mainstory ends, the world starts to crumble with it, post ending content is missing. Reading everyone's idea feels like reading my own mind but with added bits and pieces, let's hope CDPR will pick up what we put down, give it a thought and a greenlight.

A few quests that only appear after mainstory would be great, don't have to be huge, basically just closures and letting us know what changes have happened in the world
^^THIS^^ along with squeezing in a little bit more content on the Wild Hunt...more lines & stuff for Eredin and his goons... I want a full fleshed villain not just cardboard baddies!

The post ending is really needed for the biggest open world game so far, but the true is they did not finish the game, they rush it and the post ending is the result of it. Dont get me wrong, the rest of the game is almost perfect, and in my opinion the witcher 3 is the best game i played so far, but not only the post ending but even all endings of the game are pretty bad and not fit for an epic game like this, with mods is pretty hard to fix it because we need voice actors to do it, a dlc is sadly the only solution.

/sign
And its the job of the devs not of the modders. I also think modders cant fix this...

I really hope we don't have to wait for the Enhanced Edition....that would take way to long and now i cant play this fantastic game again because the ending is so horrible.
I know its sounds weird but this destroys the game for me.
I tried second playthrough but i stopped again after a few minutes because i know whats coming in the end...
And a few dlcs for armor and weapons are not changing it...

I know its sounds harsh and i don't like to say it, but i'm happy that i don't preordered the season pass too...

Dude...exact same feeling here! The main story is what I was looking forward to the most!! :(( .. I don't really have an issue with the world post-ending BUT I do with NOT providing a proper closure for Geralt seeing how this is his last chapter damn it!

...because main supporting characters are gone and he's totally alone, which breaks the immersion completely...

Spot on! It feels more like a total failure, like, nothing you did mattered in the least...like it was all just a bad dream! To quote a line from one of my favorite movies, Groundhog Day:

Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Ralph Geralt: That about sums it up for me.

If CDPR actually intended for the END to honestly be the end, why not; roll credits and then when done pop you back out to the 'start' menu and DONE would be DONE! I've played a LOT of games where that was how they handled "THE END!" Don't give us the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful world but force us to be totally alone in it!

Last edited:
We just need the DLC which will give us the opportunity to interact with the characters in post-game. When I finished the game I was so sad, and I am now. I just fell in love with main characters and it became more than just a game to me. And now I know it's the ending of Geralt's story and there will be no more. Okay, I understand that the main plot of the game about Wild Hunt is finished, that's good. But why can't we know a bit more about what happened in the world? More about the Nilfgaard/Redania after the ending, about the Lodge and the characters. Personally, I'd just be happy with the quests with Ciri, where we can go on a hunt together. It's not that big deal but it would make a great difference in the feeling after finishing the game. I got the happy ending where Ciri becomes witcheress but I feel like everybody is just gone and it's really frustrating. I beg you, CDPR! It's the best game ever made as for me, but we need a little bit more. And thanks!

Spot on! It feels more like a total failure, like, nothing you did mattered in the least...like it was all just a bad dream! To quote a line from one of my favorite movies, Groundhog Day:

Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Ralph Geralt: That about sums it up for me.

If CDPR actually intended for the END to honestly be the end, why not; roll credits and then when done pop you back out to the 'start' menu and DONE would be DONE! I've played a LOT of games where that was how they handled "THE END!" Don't give us the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful world but force us to be totally alone in it!

LOL good quote, everyday was exactly the same, it just made me want MORE haha, not even putting main characters staticly in the world. POST ENDING CONTENT is the better approach, I hope it'll be an expansion, DLC won't be enough and I wish it's delivered before the other 2 major expansions, but sadly not gonna happen I think.

They should give us official statement by now, I bet they are aware of this. I know they have too much on their plate right now with bugfix for 3 platforms and all, but at least we'll know if this is gonna be put in their to do list or not and move on.

Last edited:
When I finished the game I was so sad, and I am now. I just fell in love with main characters and it became more than just a game to me. And now I know it's the ending of Geralt's story and there will be no more. Okay, I understand that the main plot of the game about Wild Hunt is finished, that's good. But why can't we know a bit more about what happened in the world? More about the Nilfgaard/Redania after the ending, about the Lodge and the characters. Personally, I'd just be happy with the quests with Ciri, where we can go on a hunt together. It's not that big deal but it would make a great difference in the feeling after finishing the game. I got the happy ending where Ciri becomes witcheress but I feel like everybody is just gone and it's really frustrating. I beg you, CDPR! It's the best game ever made as for me, but we need a little bit more. And thanks!

I completly agree with you!

I agree. When i finished the game (Geralt with Yennefer, Ciri the Witcher, Nilfgaard victory) i didnt expect to be put in Kaer Morhen. And when i discovered there is none here i was like: "thats pretty lame and disappointing". In the game i was disappointed with the amount of dialogues, mainly the dialogues with sorceresses from Lodge. I wanted to ask Philippa about the whole Saskia idea, Fringilla Vigo about the past in Touissant and what is she going to do next, Rita about why she even joined the lodge and so on...That could be soooo awesome dialogues and lines. So i thought that im going to get my answers and discussions with Fringilla, Philippa, Ciri, Yen, Triss after the ending. Instead of that, empty castle. CMON

I felt quite sad...
Not much is needed to please me. Sure a small cottage near Kaer Morhen and some small repeatable quests or several new lines of dialogue would do me well. But even seeing these people at good old Morhen would be enough to please me.

Please CDPR, your game is damn amazing. I hope you made a good profit off of them. I just hope the DLCs/Patches/Expansions or EE help with some of these fairly small problems.

You guys are absolutley right!

I don't know if Ginger is still following this topic, but i hope he does.

Since my last post i´ve made some thoughts of what i would have been loved to see for the ending. I don't want to come up with new outstandings, i just want to give some examples, in my opinion easy/cheap examples how it could be solved. For my taste of course, but i think most of you guys will think quite the same.

As Ginger already said, it may be difficult to create any "active" content with the main characters after the main ending, so here my idea.

I think, the more detail, the more feeling, the more interaction, the more emotion we get in the epliogue, the less changes need to be done for the part after the main story. In generally i have two big points which really spoiled my ending. Again, the ending i've got, was exactly what i've wanted and i worked for, but the presentation of it ripped me out.

There are two points on which spoiled me off the most and i made my mind of.

Point A
For me there is a big gap/emptiness between the point you leave Yen outside the tower and the epilogue. Ciri is Geralt's and Yen's "daughter" and even if you not romance Yen, there hast to be a way more interaction at this point. You see her the last time and you only get 1 short picture and 5 seconds text in the epilogue to her.

So instead of generating new "playable" content, give us a short cutscene/video.

I would like to give two examples of how it could be implemented. I think it would give you a way better feeling with the story, the characters and there would be a kind of "interaction" the players can handle with. You don't even need to any speech synchronisation to this short scene, just create some "facial expressions" and take one of the already existing beautiful soundtracks. The most emotional scenes don't even need any spoken words to come up with.
My following examples also do not effect the ending! It does not matter what ending the player will get, or what romance we have chosen, so you dont have to take care of any variation of necessary changes in the interaction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 1
After the scene with Ciri entering the portal. Create another Clip showing us Geralt coming out of the tower meeting the waiting Yen. Let Geralt be sad, or crying, shaking his head according his last promise to Yen of retrieving Ciri. Let the other closest friends come up little later on. Because real friends will know that Geralt and Yen are at the tower, real friends would come if they can!
Example 2
After Ciri entered the Portal. Create a clip, showing Geralt falling on his knees at the closed portal, holding his head sadly. Let Yen/Triss coming into the tower after the shield is broken. Let them go to Geralt laying her hands on Geralts shoulder.

As i said, you can use these scenes for every possible ending, romance or whatever else, because all characters don't know anything about the fate of Ciri towards the portal. After that you easily can go on with your already existing plot, its perfect for that. So with a little effort creating a 20 seconds video this "emotional gap" would be filled out fine!

Point B
The epilogue itself! Not the ending, but the presentation, the "loveless loading screen like picture slideshow". That is biggest thing to change. Really. It's awesome trilogy, a wonderful detailed, high quality created world, teriffic characters and the end of the story about Geralt. You can not end this with a simple slideshow. That really botherd me of, so i can not enjoy my ending even though it was exactly what i wanted.

Also here, take the already existing soundtrack, take the already existing "speeker" from the actual "epilogue slideshow". But also here, give the player some Cutscenes!

Examples: (I got the ending, Ciri is alive becoming a witcher, Nilfgaard winning the war, Romanced Triss with house in Kovier)

Instead of showing a few pictures of Ciri and Gerald and just saying "he trained her all of his skills as a witcher"
- Do a Cutscene, show us Geralt and Ciri following the footprints of a monster they're hunting together
- Let them find the monster, let them turning ther heads, showing in each others face, let them smile, let them pulling out their silverswords simultanously

Instead of showing one simple picture of Triss and Geralt at their new home
- Create a cutscene, showing them arriving hand in hand at their new house, let Geralt carrying Triss over the door sill (yeah call me romantic guys)

Instead of saying "all friends were welcomed"
- Create a cutscene, showing Geralt and Triss, sitting in the garden/house, their friends are coming visiting them in their new home, let them lough, cry, handshake, whatever you want, all is better then a slideshow!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all up the epilogue! This is the key part of the whole discussion. Create a presentation of the endings (all of them are fine!) which are more detailed, more emotional, more extended you know. The players all know that you can do it, you've prooven this so many times to us in Geralts journey.

I think if this "presentation" is done correctly, there is no need to build up a interactive "story after the story".
But Yes, let keep the main characters in the world, let them say "hello, how are you" and "goodbye, take care of you" it would be ok, if the epilouge before is done correctly. I don't say "no" to any playable contend with the main characters, if you can do it, do it

But if you change the epilogue itself, most of the work would already be done!

There are so many ways doing it better then current one. And i still dont know why you ended the trilogy with such a simple, few seconds long slideshow.
For the loading screens it's fine, yes! For Battlefield or Counter Strike it would be fine, yes! But we talking about the great The Witcher trilogy, come on guys!

The Witcher is your "baby", you grew up with it, praise it! Celebrate it! Give it an epic, emotional, detailed, bombastic ending witch can measure up with the rest of this wonderful series!

The Witcher is worth it!

I feel that the devs made the right choice.
The game ENDS with the ending.Dandellion narrates what happened to each character for the rest of their lives and that's it,the end.The only reason the postgame reality exists is to do side missions and explore.
The only ending that is canon with the postgame reality is:ciri alive,no romance.So,if you didn't get that ending,the postgame reality doesn't even exist,because Geralt is either dead,or in Kovir or in the woods with Yen(and he has retired).But,let's suppose that you got the "ciri alive,no romance" ending,so that the postgame reality is actually plausible(meaning geralt taking contracts and stuff).Even then,most of the requests doesn't make sense:
-Kaer Mohren is empty no matter the ending,because Vesemir is dead and Eskel and Lambert have left.In other words,they are out in the wild taking contracts,not in a tavern where you can meet them
-Triss is in Kovir
-We don't know where Yen is,so you may have a point here
-Ciri is either out hunting(so you cannot actually meet her somewhere),or in Nilfgaard(in this scenario,you could actually meet her in the Vizima palace)
-etc

So,the most realistic thing to do would be that you would get a postgame experience if and only if you got the right ending(and even then the people you could meet would vary).This means that all the other endings would result in blank screen after the credits.BUT,it wouldn't be fair to punish someone because he got another ending,so this is why the devs made their choice IMO

Since my last post i´ve made some thoughts of what i would have been loved to see for the ending. I don't want to come up with new outstandings, i just want to give some examples, in my opinion easy/cheap examples how it could be solved. For my taste of course, but i think most of you guys will think quite the same.

As Ginger already said, it may be difficult to create any "active" content with the main characters after the main ending, so here my idea.

I think, the more detail, the more feeling, the more interaction, the more emotion we get in the epliogue, the less changes need to be done for the part after the main story. In generally i have two big points which really spoiled my ending. Again, the ending i've got, was exactly what i've wanted and i worked for, but the presentation of it ripped me out.

Point A
For me there is a big gap/emptiness between the point you leave Yen outside the tower and the epilogue. Ciri is Geralt's and Yen's "daughter" and even if you not romance Yen, there hast to be a way more interaction at this point. You see her the last time and you only get 1 short picture and 5 seconds text in the epilogue to her.

So instead of generating new "playable" content, give us a short cutscene/video.

I would like to give two examples of how it could be implemented. I think it would give you a way better feeling with the story, the characters and there would be a kind of "interaction" the players can handle with. You don't even need to any speech synchronisation to this short scene, just create some "facial expressions" and take one of the already existing beautiful soundtracks. The most emotional scenes don't even need any spoken words to come up with.
My following examples also do not effect the ending! It does not matter what ending the player will get, or what romance we have chosen, so you dont have to take care of any variation of necessary changes in the interaction.

Example 1
After the scene with Ciri entering the portal. Create another Clip showing us Geralt coming out of the tower meeting the waiting Yen. Let Geralt be sad, or crying, shaking his head according his last promise to Yen of retrieving Ciri. Let the other closest friends come up little later on. Because real friends will know that Geralt and Yen are at the tower, real friends would come if they can!
Example 2
After Ciri entered the Portal. Create a clip, showing Geralt falling on his knees at the closed portal, holding his head sadly. Let Yen/Triss coming into the tower after the shield is broken. Let them go to Geralt laying her hands on Geralts shoulder.

As i said, you can use these scenes for every possible ending, romance or whatever else, because all characters don't know anything about the fate of Ciri towards the portal. After that you easily can go on with your already existing plot, its perfect for that. So with a little effort creating a 20 seconds video this "emotional gap" would be filled out fine!

Point B
The epilogue itself! Not the ending, but the presentation, the "loveless loading screen like picture slideshow". That is biggest thing to change. Really. It's awesome trilogy, a wonderful detailed, high quality created world, teriffic characters and the end of the story about Geralt. You can not end this with a simple slideshow. That really botherd me of, so i can not enjoy my ending even though it was exactly what i wanted.

Also here, take the already existing soundtrack, take the already existing "speeker" from the actual "epilogue slideshow". But also here, give the player some Cutscenes!

Examples: (I got the ending, Ciri is alive becoming a witcher, Nilfgaard winning the war, Romanced Triss with house in Kovier)

Instead of showing a few pictures of Ciri and Gerald and just saying "he trained her all of his skills as a witcher"
- Do a Cutscene, show us Geralt and Ciri following the footprints of a monster they're hunting together
- Let them find the monster, let them turning ther heads, showing in each others face, let them smile, let them pulling out their silverswords simultanously

- Create a cutscene, showing them arriving hand in hand at their new house, let Geralt carrying Triss over the door sill (yeah call me romantic guys)

- Create a cutscene, showing Geralt and Triss, sitting in the garden/house, their friends are coming visiting them in their new home, let them lough, cry, handshake, whatever you want, all is better then a slideshow!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all up the epilogue! This is the key part of the whole discussion. Create a presentation of the endings (all of them are fine!) which are more detailed, more emotional, more extended you know. The players all know that you can do it, you've prooven this so many times to us in Geralts journey.

I think if this "presentation" is done correctly, there is no need to build up a interactive "story after the story".
But Yes, let keep the main characters in the world, let them say "hello, how are you" and "goodbye, take care of you" it would be ok, if the epilouge before is done correctly. I don't say "no" to any playable contend with the main characters, if you can do it, do it

There are so many ways doing it better then current one. And i still dont know why you ended the trilogy with such a simple, few seconds long slideshow.
For the loading screens it's fine, yes! For Battlefield or Counter Strike it would be fine, yes! But we talking about the great The Witcher trilogy, come on guys!

The Witcher is your "baby", you grew up with it, praise it! Celebrate it! Give it an epic, emotional, detailed, bombastic ending witch can measure up with the rest of this wonderful series!

The Witcher is worth it!

For me cutscenes would not be satisfying just Adding the characters back and giving us a few interactions and romance options

We already got an cutscene i think most of us want them in the game and be able to interact with them

Like who ever is alive after the story you can interact whith them

And be able to romance with you triss or yen whomever you choose

Last edited:
I dont meant cutscenes would solve all issues about it! As i wrote in the beginning, i can understand Ginger's doubts of possible troubles coming up with creating interactive contend.

I just thinking, its an "easy" and "cheap" way for CDPR, making the ending more satisfying as it acutally is.

But I'm really going with you, if there would be more interactive content, great!
Already wrote this in my first post.

---------- Updated at 02:57 PM ----------

The game ENDS with the ending.Dandellion narrates what happened to each character for the rest of their lives and that's it,the end.

Also that would be a possibility. Let the game end completly.
But if CDPR would do that, they have to change it anyways. The current "ending" is not even worth calling it an ending, thats the problem. Not the ending itself, but the presentation.

Last edited:

Point A

Example 1
Example 2

Point B

The Witcher is worth it!

i agree with you almost on everything you said, but i think they should let us doing monster contract with ciri and geralt, let us play with them, just to show us cutscene how they fight together is not enough, they should let us play!

I agree with the sentiment that a short slideshow is a poor way to provide closure. This is confirmed as Geralt's last entry in the Witcher series, his story spanned 7 books and 3 games, but the ending felt abrupt, and lacking detail.
For characters with a strong emotional connection seeing them disappear leaves an awful and empty feeling, as people in this thread have pointed out and established.

I don't believe CDPR did this to spite the players or because they were rushed by time constraints, it is because it's difficult to provide an equal and satisfying ending.

The Witcheress ending ends with Ciri getting ready to test her sword, if you had 1 last contract with her like the Forktail hunt with Eskel you could make a fun piece of content, but then it would be hard to find an ending point to cut and go to the slideshow, people would still expect to have Ciri as a follower for other little contracts. If you remedy this by creating a medium size contract to provide closure (like hunting the last crone with Ciri) then you have an appropriate ending but you have an imbalance between the witcheress ending and the other 2 endings in terms of content provided. (You wouldn't be able to apply the same thing because in the other endings Ciri is either dead or in a sad mood due to the Empress ending when you hunt the wyvern together and she is indifferent to anything Geralt says).

Because of this, I can't really see CDPR finding a way to make all 3 endings provide a satisfying feeling of closure without having to commit an incredible amount of effort that they would rather use on paid expansions.

The best thing we can expect is the main characters being re-added to the world with some extra dialogue and possibly functionality (For example being able to play Gwent against Yen in her room at Kaer Morhen with different comments on if you win or lose), but that's really as far as I see any solution to this going.

Putting the main characters back in the world would also fix problems like not being able to give Triss her earring if you found it at Kaer Morhen after beating the game.

I am also in support of Gogadi's "Example 2" idea.

You know, the more I think on this...I can't come to any other conclusion than this: There HAS to be a mini-sequel to 'fix' and complete the ending!

If that means a major paid expansion then so be it! There are a LOT of talented people involved in this at CDPR.,..all they have to do is WANT to do it. "If they build it..."

I know they want to do the right thing...

You know, the more I think on this...I can't come to any other conclusion than this: There HAS to be a mini-sequel to 'fix' and complete the ending!

If that means a major paid expansion then so be it! There are a LOT of talented people involved in this at CDPR.,..all they have to do is WANT to do it. "If they build it..."

I know they want to do the right thing...

i dont think they'd leave a whole year open for nothing (last expansion release in early 2016 and they will work on W3 till end 2016)

Top Bottom