[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I see folks on here just spattin off about "its the END...don't you get it?!?!?" But it really isn't if they let you come back and interact with the world...

The main love interest and Geralt's close friends should still be in the world in some capacity...even if it's Yen like in the dream from the introduction...at least she is there...you should be able to seek out the others too! Maybe as they add in DLC and Expansions the characters will repopulate the world...that would be good. Then as you do quests you could go meet Yen to inspect a relic or get a loan of an artifact for the quest, there could be more interaction with them then and later when you end the quest they will just stay there...

Here's to hoping anyway!

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

I think its the job of the Devs to make this game Complete.
Because now it just feels unfinished.. and i wonder why no one of the reviewers said anything about it....

How could a professional reviewer/writer have the time to dedicate to finishing this story in a week? No, I think THESE reviews will come...it will take a while be before the shine wares off, someone will point this out and I hope CDPR will respond in kind :)

I must admit i lost all interest in continuing after this, but now that we've gotten a response hopefully they'll add the npc's somewhere in the world.

let them just stand in the world is not the solution for the problem.

Last edited:
If Triss or Yenn are my love interests, I should be able to go see them and make sexy time with whoever I chose to be with... Even after the credits roll!! Please and thank you CDPR!

Ginger thanks for the post, and thanks for attempting (or about to let CDPR and the main devs) know about the ending issues with the main characters like ciri yen and triss (who we desperately all want present at the end of the game). I also have a question which was probobly asked already, but will the future dlcs include ciri, yen and triss? Game honestly doesnt feel right without them and i hope they are back in future dlcs. Thank you!

I honestly would rather have NEW content than some additional dialogue AFTER I played the actual game.

But yeah, for me the game was over after the end of the story, since I had done basically everything before the end.

Not yet but they already answered. They are saying it will be really hard but I think they will do it so just give your ideas for now.

A few quests that only appear after mainstory would be great, don't have to be huge, basically just closures and letting us know what changes have happened in the world. And enemy rebalancing would be great as well.

People in this thread seem to like my idea the best

Think some more for backups:ice: :rtfm: :ice:

Think some more for backups

Don't know if this is what you mean but...here goes. Let me know what you think...and I am fully aware that my 2 cents on this can = no sense! :)

Oh, and GREAT avatar too ;)

As the RED pointed out, this is about making the most from the least number of variables. Now, I admit I have been trying to avoid spoilers for the end( I am just about finished with the story and I still want to be surprised if possible...

If there is a way we can FIX(and fix) the world at the end so it would 'feel' more alive AND offer a good jump off point for future expansion/DLC, that would be ideal. The way CDPR has it now...for good or bad...may very well be the best way. As the Seldkam quote said, there are really too many variables to cover for ALL the voice talents and their dialog. So, it might be possible if there were only two options. CDPR might go for that but I can't see them redoing dialog for 8+ folks that reflects 6+ variable and optional endings!

All that said, first they have to repopulate the world with all the main characters. That would be the first step. This would then give us quest givers and folks to interact with as they add DLC and paid expansions. As others have said, their dialog could be very generic at this point or even static until they actually have something important to say(DLC time!).

When it's time for them to interact with Geralt, that's when things get sticky...but, if we keep the above consideration in mind, we limit the scope and it helps.

As CDPR has it now, the world (after the end) brings Geralt back to finish up side quests and contracts. It basically means he comes back right where he was before he arrived at the Isle of Mist...this is the backdrop CDPR set for us. As it is now, Geralt is occupying the world totally alone.

I know this feels like an alternate reality but, I also think The Play is the Thing and some concession has to given by us, the player. It's about having a chance to interact with the characters we've grown so fond of AND not being alone at the end. So, if we concede to the land before the end, it is a more simple backdrop. This would leave the only dialog changes would be Geralt's choice of love interest; Yen or Triss.

Let me take a moment on that...

I don't think anyone will want to have the neither option. No one who got it seems happy with the outcome. So, it would be fair, I think, to limit this to just the Yen or Triss options.

So with that basic world backdrop in place and the love interest choice, the base for laying down general dialog to provide a more living world is done. It isn't perfect but it's better than being alone.

If you chose Yen, then she will speak more endearing(for her anyway) to Geralt and Triss would be stiff and curt with him. If you chose Triss then she is more fun and loving in her dialog and Yen is the scorned one. All dialog would hinge on just this one choice!

Most everyone else would have just one type of dialog...they wouldn't care who Geralt picked with the exception of maybe Ciri.

To be sure, this type of setup isn't perfect and in my mind it suits my suggestions for a paid "Romance Expansion" hopefully by the end of all this. It would insincere and dishonest of me to act like that doesn't matter to me, it does, greatly. And to reach THAT end, the basics of what I have outlined above would need to be in place first...so, I do hope they can do something like this, it really needs to be done.

I've already finished my first playthrough today which took me about 90 hours into the game. Didn't do all the side quests in which quite a few were thrown out since they were tied into the main story which sucks. But after experiencing this "empty" and unsatisfactory post-ending game world, I don't really want to play subsequent playthroughs. To put it best just like the title of this thread, RED dropped the ball on the story immersion.

The level cap is 70 as far as I know. Need lot more content to reach that without mods so far, unless someone has achieved it?

Dear CDPR, just remove that post-ending and this rant will stop. Just as Witcher 1 or 2. There is totally no point in having it.

When you end the game - it is over. Start a new playthrough.

What I was more disappointed with is the WORLD post-ending. I made Nilfgaard win because I thought It actually resonate in the world. Nilfgaardian flags would fly over Novigrad and Oxenfurt, Redanian soldiers would be replaced with Nilfgaardian ones, etc...

I was so looking forward to strolling around Nilfgaardian occupied Novigrad.

Dear CDPR, just remove that post-ending and this rant will stop. Just as Witcher 1 or 2. There is totally no point in having it.

When you end the game - it is over. Start a new playthrough.

Disagree completely, the post ending is there for you to wait till the dlcs come in. If the game gets scrapped after finishing it, there is no proper re launch point for the dlcs.

Disagree completely, the post ending is there for you to wait till the dlcs come in. If the game gets scrapped after finishing it, there is no proper re launch point for the dlcs.

Witcher 2 had enhanced edition which added two huge quests in 3rd act.
You had to re-play the game again to get to those quests. There wasn't any "after game" like in Witcher 3.
And there wasn't any rant about "empty world", because the development of the world was over when you finished the storyline.
Besides, what stops you from loading an earlier save-game and playing all DLCs before ending?

Last edited:
Top Bottom