Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Triss was the breakout character of the original game and enormously well-marketed.
Yeah and now she got relegated in this game when they could of added more of her, at this point we can only speculate as to what the developers original plan was for her or why she wasn't as prevalent in this game.

Last edited:
Yeah and now she got relegated in this game when they could of added more of her, at this point we can only speculate as to what the developers original plan was for her or why she wasn't as prevalent in this game.

I'm of the opinion there's no "Anti-Triss Agenda" but they felt they needed to give Yennefer a bigger role because they wanted people to be actually torn between the two.

The problem is you never get to spend any time with her before Triss.

Really, the game should have gone this way:

1. White Orchard
2. Velen
3. Skellige (maybe saling from a village along the coasts due to the blockade)
4. Novigrad
5. Caer Morhen as the place where the final choice is made

Triss isn't the only problem I had. Her lack of content did shock me though. If you have her as a relationship option, make her part of Geralt's life. If you can't make her an equal then don't have her at all. I would have rather had something saying Triss was in hiding and never see her again then have her as a romance option that was short and empty. Even the game doesn't recognize that you're in a relationship. Yen still flirts with you, everyone still thinks you are together, hell even the character codex says Yen asked Triss for help at Kaer Morhen... I love Triss' character and even what she did to Geralt doesn't really bother me all that much. I just would like her to have more content in the GAME even if it isn't "sexy". I would love to get her opinion on what's going on in the war, ideas on how to help Ciri, I mean anything really. She's a strong character that got down graded to a bad side-kick.

Saying that, I love this game. I'm on my second play through going a lot slower and finding all these subtle hints about what's going to happen. I can't get enough of Gwent and finding myself cheering when I win (Which freaks my partner out). Saying it is the Game of the year is an understatement.

I'm of the opinion there's no "Anti-Triss Agenda" but they felt they needed to give Yennefer a bigger role because they wanted people to be actually torn between the two.

1. White Orchard
2. Velen
4. Novigrad

Yeah that is the problem Yen fans are saying that you don't have much time with Yen before you do the quests with Triss, and then you have to choose to be with Triss or not, and if you choose her, then no matter how much the player likes Yen later on, there isn't any option except to stick with Triss or be alone. On the flip side, after Novigrad, the game takes almost every opportunity to promote Yen, and forgets about Triss (for the most part), there definitely is an inconsistent balance in terms of pursuing Yen or Triss.

I also doubt that the developers were against Triss as some of them are Triss fans, but focusing mainly on Yen especially later in the game was always going to create favouritism. I agree with the order you have, it would of made more sense to make a decision after getting to know both characters, but unfortunately this falls under the category of missed chances.

i dont want a triss dlc, id like for my choice of triss in the game to actually matter, i cant be the only one that was emotionally invested, hell i had to step away from the computer at some points, and to know that i sat through a torture scene that literlally tormented my soul.i had to slap myself and tell myself its just a game. i need help lol

Personally i want DLC/expansion content for Triss. Adding extra content may not be the perfect answer but it would certainly be an alleviating one. Obviously i'd also like an enhanced edition that shows a lot more reactivity towards some of the personal stuff, especially in regards of Triss.

Triss isn't the only problem I had. Her lack of content did shock me though. If you have her as a relationship option, make her part of Geralt's life. If you can't make her an equal then don't have her at all. I would have rather had something saying Triss was in hiding and never see her again then have her as a romance option that was short and empty. Even the game doesn't recognize that you're in a relationship. Yen still flirts with you, everyone still thinks you are together, hell even the character codex says Yen asked Triss for help at Kaer Morhen... I love Triss' character and even what she did to Geralt doesn't really bother me all that much. I just would like her to have more content in the GAME even if it isn't "sexy". I would love to get her opinion on what's going on in the war, ideas on how to help Ciri, I mean anything really. She's a strong character that got down graded to a bad side-kick.

Saying that, I love this game. I'm on my second play through going a lot slower and finding all these subtle hints about what's going to happen. I can't get enough of Gwent and finding myself cheering when I win (Which freaks my partner out). Saying it is the Game of the year is an understatement.

I think that having Triss as a potential romance is still better than having her and Geralt permanently broken up. I was actually expecting that there was going to be a ending where either Triss or Yen would die and it would be related to who you chose, but instead we do her quests, and then it is a case of 'go do whatever you have to do, Triss will dissapear or not really be relevant for the majority of the rest of the game and once you reach the end, then you will live happily ever after - compare this to the Witcher 2 where even when she wasn't around due to the storyline, she was still vital to the player and to Geralt and you had that sense you have to go save her asap, but there wasn't really anything like that in this game, instead they focus on Ciri and Yen (which was done great), but it makes Triss have less of a role when there was opportunities to include her more into the storyline.

Also this game is as close to a perfect game as i have played in a long time - defiantly an understatement :unworthy:

The thing is that a LOT of characters disappear from this game versus continuing the whole way through.

Dandelion, Zoltan, and Priscilla for example.

the romance itself isnt really the problem, its after. you arrive at skellige and geralt is hittin on yen, now ive just told triss i love her and im telling yen that she smells great.. it just totally rubs me the wrong way knowing that i chose triss and geralt is doing the same thing as if he had or hadnt.

Last edited:
the romance itself isnt really the problem, its after. you arrive at skellige and geralt is hittin on yen, now ive just told triss i love her and im telling yen that she smells great.. it just totally rubs me the wrong way knowing that i chose triss and geralt is doing the same thing as if he had or hadnt.

Eh, over in the Yennefer thread I think it's not actually that because I got the vibe of "Amicable Exes" with them for the most part.

Geralt and Yennefer are close intimate friends but very clearly broken up.

At least until after the Last Wish adventure when everyone acts like they're together again for some reason.

1. White Orchard
2. Velen
4. Novigrad

Not an anti-triss agenda but definitely a refusal to let her into the story at times because their focus was unhealthly on Yen. Kaer Morhen is a perfect example of this, Triss is absent so Yen can have 100% of the attention. If you romance Yen you get lots of addition attention, if you romance triss you get no attention or reactivity and it seems they want to focus solely on the notion that you've broken up with Yen.

Regarding zones i almost wonder if Skellige(excluding last UMA revelation quest) should have been first.

---------- Updated at 10:53 AM ----------

Yeah i didn't like that either. Only thing you can say is that perhaps the last wish is still exerting an influence over Geralt at that point. I'd have preferred they approached it the same way Triss was in Novigrad though, you had to actually choose to be flirtatious.

Worst case scenario - Triss was a placeholder until they introduced Yen.

That would be the most devastating outcome. And I honestly believe that if they were to announce that, it would turn so many of their fan base off.

It's obsurd to have Triss character/story and her relationship with the fans and Geralt developed this much simply to introduce Yen character and ignore everything that been developing till now.

To me Yen is not that important because my playing experience puts Triss as my main girl.

I think it was a shift in focus on the developer's part, where writers who wanted to stay accurate to the books won over those who wanted the games to diverge, as we have seen with the last two games. Now I don't think it is anything worthy of a conspiracy were there were internal conflict or anything like that. Just that among the writers one side convinced the other. And I don't think they anticipated how many of the players who haven't read the books and wouldn't take an instant liking to Yennefer. And perhaps at some point there wouldn't even be a choice, but that game would default to Yen and Triss would be more of a side character like in the books. That would explain why her content feels lackluster at best. That is my 2 cents on why Triss seems to have been pushed out of the narrative, but until anyone from CDPR says anything it is all speculation and therefore a relatively worthless pursuit.

That would be the most devastating outcome. And I honestly believe that if they were to announce that, it would turn so many of their fan base off.

It's obsurd to have Triss character/story and her relationship with the fans and Geralt developed this much simply to introduce Yen character and ignore everything that been developing till now.

To me Yen is not that important because my playing experience puts Triss as my main girl.

I totally agree, after everything she and Geralt went through in the previous games, it would of never made sense to break them up, have Triss play a side character (well, still a big character but much less important than previously), and push Yen at people that wanted their Geralt to follow Triss. It isn't necessarily about romancing her, just her content in general for almost pushed aside for introducing Yen and i don't want to turn this into a Yen vs Triss thread (because there are plenty of those already), but it still stands that the lack of Triss content (both in relationships and in general) pale in comparison to Yen. I have no idea what CDPR will say on that matter if they choose to comment but i can't imagine them saying Triss was just a fling until Yen came into the picture.

I play the Skellige part first, so that Geralt will finish his flirting and shit before I do the Novigrad quests, just for my own narrative :p
I have done almost the same. Just done in Novigrad main quests, than go to Skellige - there all quests done with reject Yen, than return to Novigrad and done all side quests and confess to Triss, than for ugly baby and Kaer Morhen.

I have done almost the same. Just done in Novigrad main quests, than go to Skellige - there all quests done with reject Yen, than return to Novigrad and done all side quests and confess to Triss, than for ugly baby and Kaer Morhen.

Just arrived in Novigrad in my second playthrough and this is my goal too. Get some Ciri info, head for Skellige. Arrive back in Novigrad get caught up in events there.

---------- Updated at 11:35 AM ----------

I totally agree, after everything she and Geralt went through in the previous games, it would of never made sense to break them up, have Triss play a side character (well, still a big character but much less important than previously), and push Yen at people that wanted their Geralt to follow Triss. It isn't necessarily about romancing her, just her content in general for almost pushed aside for introducing Yen and i don't want to turn this into a Yen vs Triss thread (because there are plenty of those already), but it still stands that the lack of Triss content (both in relationships and in general) pale in comparison to Yen. I have no idea what CDPR will say on that matter if they choose to comment but i can't imagine them saying Triss was just a fling until Yen came into the picture.

Yeah to me they got the balance wrong for some reason. I think if she were present and involved in Kaer Morhen section i'd feel a lot more satisfied. I also think if that were the case we'd get much more resolution/reactivity of the love triangle decisions, regardless of whether she was pursued. I assume they don't consider Triss purely a fling, i think they probably have a bias towards Sapkowski's choice though. I'll always be grateful that they gave her and Geralt the ending they did, but i'd certainly like some extra content to puff out what already exists in game.

If they do it before the fountain scene it would render that scene redundant. Why would the house appear in the fountain if they've already seen it/been there? I don't know where it would logically fall in the story. Nor do I even know it is something to consider. Seems a bit too focused on Triss which would get the other side of the romance-camps upset. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to play it if they did make it. :p

Nah I meant after the fountain but before the last battle. A small trip to Kovir. But as already said Ciri has absolute prior which means it would be weird if they leave before battle. :D

---------- Updated at 12:09 PM ----------

Actually we can say that CDPR did an amazing job.

We are so in love with a character they created that we started a thread with so much feedback this fast. With tons of ideas, constructive feedback and possible solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom