Interact with merchants blocked sometimes?

+
Interact with merchants blocked sometimes?

Anyone else have issue you see merchant NPC standing in usual location, at correct working hours - not asleep or night cycle 'inactive' state, but there is no talk symbol over their head and can't interact with them?

Until you go away to slightly removed location, meditate, then come back?

Key specifics are - merchant is NOT on sleep / non-working hours mode, I know that is normal can't interact with them. And meditate is not to let time pass to some working hour, but to have game reload the NPC it seems, and only works if you move away from the location.

example) alchemist outside Novigrad - oxenfurt gate, guy who buys full price - I show up at 11am or whatever, a time when he should clearly be up and working. And he is, standing in usual spot. But no talk interact icon over head, just his name in blue.

-stand around, meditate and wait on the spot there does nothing - same inactive state - run 5-10 seconds distance away, meditate, and mostly works to somehow reactivate the ability to talk to them.

Anyone else have issue you see merchant NPC standing in usual location, at correct working hours - not asleep or night cycle 'inactive' state, but there is no talk symbol over their head and can't interact with them?

Until you go away to slightly removed location, meditate, then come back?

Key specifics are - merchant is NOT on sleep / non-working hours mode, I know that is normal can't interact with them. And meditate is not to let time pass to some working hour, but to have game reload the NPC it seems, and only works if you move away from the location.

example) alchemist outside Novigrad - oxenfurt gate, guy who buys full price - I show up at 11am or whatever, a time when he should clearly be up and working. And he is, standing in usual spot. But no talk interact icon over head, just his name in blue.

-stand around, meditate and wait on the spot there does nothing - same inactive state - run 5-10 seconds distance away, meditate, and mostly works to somehow reactivate the ability to talk to them.

Yes, this happens. Don't know why, but I see it now and then, especially smith in Blackbough.

Meditating for an hour or so actually helps. Also loading a save helps.

Since you tried meditating and that didn't help(which is weird btw) try loading a save.

Also, once I just waited around and suddenly the talk icon popped up above his head.

Happens in Zoltan's quest too, when he's waiting outside that guy's house.
On my second run through, I had to meditate several times before he became clickable.

Yes, this happens. Don't know why, but I see it now and then, especially smith in Blackbough.

Meditating for an hour or so actually helps. Also loading a save helps.

Since you tried meditating and that didn't help(which is weird btw) try loading a save.

Also, once I just waited around and suddenly the talk icon popped up above his head.

This is the same for me the one in Blackbough continually gives me this problem, even meditating, talking to another NPC or, fast travelling doesn't seem fix it 75% of the time

Seems to be a general bug with any npcs, I notice it more with ones that are sitting down, have to walk up to them at just the right angle at the right distance, can be tedious.

Yes, this is a known bug that can be fixed by either meditating for an hour or by going to the spot where the NPC should be standing and then run away until the icon re-appears on your mini map.

This particular merchant's working hours are between 12pm - 6pm I believe.

---------- Updated at 09:15 AM ----------

This is the same for me the one in Blackbough continually gives me this problem, even meditating, talking to another NPC or, fast travelling doesn't seem fix it 75% of the time

Yeah I found saving and then reloading worked 100% of the time to interact with this particular guy.

That leads to a lot of frustration I gather. What bother. I've never had that much trouble really. Back when Blackbough was an area with one of few precious smiths, this was tedious sure. Now, when I've ventured further north to Novigrad, and met many more merchants, Blackbough isn't getting visits quite as often. When I do visit Blackbough next however, to sell goods and the odd sword from a bandit, that blacksmith better be open for business. ^_^

Top Bottom