Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in anything just yet, I'm leaning towards what I had written there is an important difference between them. It's just a speculation at this point. I don't see any evidence supporting the theory or contradicting the theory. The other option is harder to believe for me for now.

Maybe all the guys in QA were on TeamYen and didn't test the option. (in fact one of the interactions was straight out bugged till a week ago or so). I discussed the theory of the change late in production a while back, it is the most logical explanation, even made a thread about conspiracy theories back then.

Another possibilty is that the planned expansions were going to address the Immerison Destroyer issue already, which is why they even allow post gameplay in the first place. In which case it isn't much of an issue for them as they already had the fix in the works.

Whereas our dilema most likely is something they were not expecting or didn't have any plans already in motion.

Just a guess but its seems plausible considering their recommendation to watch out for the future DLC

I wouldn't expect them to say anything about the upcoming big DLCs for a while. The first one doesn't come out until October and the second is next year. I wouldn't really expect them to say anything about this issue for a while. Their biggest priority right now is probably fixing bugs and maybe they have an Enhanced Edition or something in the works they want to keep hush-hush.

Ok, so i am going to have to quit my job to keep up with all these posts....yeah yeah jokes aside

I was actually comparing the role Triss plays in the W2 compared to the W3, and three things came to mind that some might be relevant and others not so much (some of which have already been discussed)

The first in how Triss is introduced or shortly after, in the Witcher 2, where Geralt and Triss are getting 'intimate', a guard walks up and destroys the mood (lousy guard), he then proceeds to almost flirt with Triss such as by apologising and almost being rude to Geralt, now in this game where Geralt and Triss walk to the guard at the gate, he tries to flirt with Triss while brushing Geralt off (for the most part) - this doesn't necessarily mean anything but it is similar to the point where i have the feeling CDPR wanted the player (and Geralt) to get defensive if we liked Triss. No one would want another man to flirt with your girl, so a bit of jealously theme going on her (could be that i am crazy and it is purely coincidental)

The second is the 'love or romantic' scenes - apart from the opening one in the Witcher 2, they always have the theme of water and a magical setting such as the elven bath ruins, the lighthouse at night and the quiet fountain behind the Passiflora. Needless to say CDPR put effort into these scenes, but it is too make the player appreciate the undisturbed places where Geralt and Triss can be together in an 'intimate' way - in other words avoiding all the troubles of the world, and i would even argue that these places and moments are Geralt and Triss seeing the opportunity to get away from it all and be closer to what they want (each other).

The third is Triss getting tortured in both games (of course a lot of this depends on the players choice), the main difference in this game is that Triss gets tortured before any 'romantic' moments while in the W2 it was those moments that made you want to burn the whole world down just to find Triss and make sure she is safe, yet the W3 uses those awkward moments to talk about the care and bond these two characters have for each other, and that is what would make any player get sad by hearing Triss get tortured. Seriously though....poor Triss having to go through that. CDPR talked about how sex is the quickest way to show a bond between two characters and that worked for the previous game, in this game, however it is more about the experiences of what they have been through to either make the player not want to put Triss through that or have everyone feel extremely satisfied when Triss killed Menge with that look on her face.

I don't think Triss would consider it her bed(it's the guest room), that's one of the reasons the dialogue felt off to me. Kaer Morhen isn't her home, its a place that she's only gone to on an invitation basis. In some ways i think Triss would find Yen's tantrum amusing.

I also don't think she'd want to put Yen in her place.

They say home is where the heart is, and who owns her heart?

It is probably the place where she was the happiest too, since she got to enjoy her Geralt time after she found him in W1. I have no data on how long she stayed in the books and in the games. Also the witchers don't seem to use it, so it was "her" room, at least in the latest years.

And she wasn't that rude wasn't she?

She could also find it amuzing, like I said, we never got to see it, so your guess is as good as mine.

I wouldn't expect them to say anything about the upcoming big DLCs for a while. The first one doesn't come out until October and the second is next year. I wouldn't really expect them to say anything about this issue for a while. Their biggest priority right now is probably fixing bugs and maybe they have an Enhanced Edition or something in the works they want to keep hush-hush.

Yeah you are probably right, best we can do is carry on this thread.

It is probably the place where she was the happiest too, since she got to enjoy her Geralt time after she found him in W1. I have no data on how long she stayed in the books and in the games. Also the witchers don't seem to use it, so it was "her" room, at least in the latest years.

She could also find it amuzing, like I said, we never got to see it, so your guess is as good as mine.

I agree that Kaer Morhen is not Triss home initially but it became her home because she and Geralt spend time together there. A lot of time and they also share that room and bed.

I also agree that Triss was probably happiest when she was at Kaer Morhen with Geralt. Triss is not petty and vindictive like Yen appears to be so, I don't think she would pick a fight just to rub it in.

Saying that, I don't think she simply ignore Yen kissing her man either.

I know she stayed a while to help with ciri in the books. In TW1 she visits, after that she's either at foltest's court or on the run. After their break up she won't have visited. Think watchers aren't great ones for washing sheets though, hence why there's still red hairs there.

Yeah sadly as they haven't implemented anything (yet) It's all down to our interpretation, so yeah your guess is equally valid.

I agree that Kaer Morhen is not Triss home initially but it became her home because she and Geralt spend time together there. A lot of time and they also share that room and bed.

I also agree that Triss was probably happiest when she was at Kaer Morhen with Geralt. Triss is not petty and vindictive like Yen appears to be so, I don't think she would pick a fight just to rub it in.

Who knows, she could say "Fuck it" and proceed to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBuADazJX-0 :D

It's not that she's calling her a bitch or something. She's just asserting the fact that she belongs more in KM than Yen does, in a not so nice way :)

That was a good laugh, but a fight between those two will not be so simple. They are both very powerful sorceresses. I don't see it happening tho.

Hahahah yeah I know, the video just popped into my mind at the right second and I couldn't resist.

Don't see Triss starting anything except politely and sternly asking Yen to back off.

Also I always wondered, how powerful is Triss compared to the other Scorceresses. Impression I got was that Phillipa and Yen were probably the strongest then Sile followed by the other Lodge Members following close behind, including Triss.

O wait I forgot that elf Ida? Guessing she is super powerful.

Last edited:
It's not that she's calling her a bitch or something. She's just asserting the fact that she belongs more in KM than Yen does, in a not so nice way :)

Lol true, who knows Triss is very bold so I can see her finally standing up to Yen after she gets Geralt to overcome her inferiority complex.

I don't even think she needs to because, after Geralt chooses her it seems so real and beatiful to see them together that I said to myself what a lovely happy ending. True love finally prevail.

---------- Updated at 12:08 AM ----------

Hahahah yeah I know, the video just popped into my mind at the right second and I couldn't resist.

Don't see Triss starting anything except politely and sternly asking Yen to back off.

Also I always wondered, how powerful is Triss compared to the other Scorceresses. Impression I got was that Phillipa and Yen were probably the strongest then Sile followed by the other Lodge Members following close behind, including Triss.

O wait I forgot that elf Ida? Guessing she is super powerful.

Yen is very powerful but she deals in black magic also. I thought that was a huge turn of in the game.

On the other hand I remember somewhere they said Triss is very powerful as well and that she was the brightest rising star amongst all the sorceresses.

So it's possible that she has awesome hidden abilities. She can rain fire and brimstone from the sky, damm that's so hot.

Lol true, who knows Triss is very bold so I can see her finally standing up to Yen after she gets Geralt to overcome her inferiority complex.

I don't even think she needs to because, after Geralt chooses her it seems so real and beatiful to see them together that I said to myself what a lovely happy ending. True love finally prevail.

---------- Updated at 12:08 AM ----------

Yen is very powerful but she deals in black magic also. I thought that was a huge turn of in the game.

On the other hand I remember somewhere they said Triss is very powerful as well and that she was the brightest rising star amongst all the sorceresses.

So it's possible that she has awesome hidden abilities. She can rain fire and brimstone from the sky, damm that's so hot.

Lol agree, matches the sexy red hair.

The way I saw it was that Triss was the youngest of the Lodge and so wasn't the most powerful but probably has the potential to become so.

These are all speculations right?

I mean many of the people here think about Triss as a romance choice was added later. But we have no evidence for that to say that for sure.

Yup, all speculation right now. Simply us trying to explain how or why the inconsistencies are present. It's hard to believe, with so much thought put into every other tiny aspect of the game, that this was a simple accident. As long as we get some form of resolution, I won't care why.

Enchanted Version

Lol, enchanted. :lol: You meant 'enhanced' right? xP

hands the weird device

Potestaquisator :p

I was a little late to the dialogues party a few pages back, here's my humble contribution.

Very nice. Catty but not too much. Yen is pretty upset, and I like that you didn't have Triss back down, but instead hold her own in front of her. They ultimately decide that Ciri is most important. I see this having an 'act 2' of sorts though. Doesn't really seem like they resolved their, ahem, issues. :eek:

---------- Updated at 12:29 AM ----------

And believe me, all women have their nasty side, even the best of them. Remember that Yen had taken over her room (in her mind it was hers) and destroyed her bed, where she had nursed Geralt back to health, among other things. A symbol to their relationship in a way (and why Yen destroyed it in the first place "It wasn't helping her forget").

There's also the fact that she always had an inferiority complex regarding Yen, both because the other woman was more mature and worldly and because of Geralt. So in a way in some part of her mind, now that she has made her place in the world and has gotten the man, she wants to "put her in her place" so to speak. She'll probably realize her mistake later and apologize. Again, just my interpretation, we are sadly left to fill in the blanks.

I'm okay with Triss being a little on the catty side. She probably would be a little bit more confident, especially having 'won the war' for Geralt, so to speak. They would probably revisit it later, and she might be a little more apologetic, but Yen would probably be pretty 'in your face' about the whole thing so it's nice that you didn't have her back down. :p

---------- Updated at 12:32 AM ----------

The way I saw it was that Triss was the youngest of the Lodge and so wasn't the most powerful but probably has the potential to become so.

Like Gohan in Dragon Ball. Hidden potential buried deep inside. Merigold's Hailstorm.

I'm okay with Triss being a little on the catty side. She probably would be a little bit more confident, especially having 'won the war' for Geralt, so to speak. They would probably revisit it later, and she might be a little more apologetic, but Yen would probably be pretty 'in your face' about the whole thing so it's nice that you didn't have her back down. :p

Interesting assesment, I agree that she would be more confident after finally getting Geralt to confess his feelings for her. She might see it as finally being acknowledge for her worth, love and sacrifice.

It is good that she didn't back down but, Triss is definitely more tactful when dealing with people than Yen.

Seems to me like the devs wanted to include a lot more personal interactions but didn't find any places for it in the story as it stands. Or it needed to be cut due to time/resources.

This is kinda a big deal. If they wanted to include and never did it. Maybe they have all this conversations fully voiced at least.

Anyone in any of the other forum come across any good news?

---------- Updated at 01:18 AM ----------

This is kinda a big deal. If they wanted to include and never did it. Maybe they have all this conversations fully voiced at least.

I hope that's the case. I really hope so because, in it's current form the game seems so one sided and incomplete at least for me.

I'm only romancing Triss so it worse for me because there are so many opportunities to interact but ZERO dialogue. Sorry Yen but it's never going to work between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom