• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pav94an
Hmm... because that's not endgame, that'd be a savegame from that specific time you yourself can do with minimal effort.
It doesn't make logical sense at all for the player to have done the last mission then magically travel back in time to a earlier point in time.

The post-ending worldstate is a bonus freeroam opportunity to finish up minor quests with your final state Gerald.

The only two ways for CDPR to be100% consistent would have been :

A) the game only lets you save till a certain point, after credits you can only reload that save
B)create a completely new worldstate reflecting the aftermath ending changes, new situation for chars etc etc

What YOU are asking for is simply a savegame from before the final segment of the game, you can easily do yourself by... loading it (provided you kept one)

---------- Updated at 02:38 PM ----------

Exactly, and that is why this whole "endgame post credit lonelyness" requests just end up not only sounding unreasonable but also muddling the issue to the Nth degree, therefore making the legitimate requests counterproductive (also for Triss romance lackings effort).

New dialogues and opportunities to bond and RP are always welcome, using that specific angle, no matter what you feel the company owes you, is just a bad tactic.

Let's be clear: is there room for improvement with character interactions during Act 3? ABSOLUTELY

But is the best course of action to ask for dozens of flavours of different possible "improvements" mixing up your allegedly reasonable proposals with the crazyness over that thread? Not at all.

Do it the Triss way, making a coherent well documented case with specific suggestions people can vote on/chime in and debate.
That whole thread is a huge mess.
Did you actually read the thread? I think not.

What people are asking for, and sure some people did say it would be cool to experience an after end game state, but not the majority. The majority of people want the characters back in the game and concurred that a post Epilogue state of the game which would literally have not required any change, except the characters implementation. Which means some new dialogs ofc.

What people are asking for, and sure some people did say it would be cool to experience an after end game state, but not the majority. The majority of people want the characters back in the game and concurred that a post Epilogue state of the game which would literally have not required any change, except the characters implementation. Which means some new dialogs ofc.

Post game state with our beloved characters present would be nice but its IMPOSSIBLE in the current storyline.Most of them are gone for good.There is no excuse to bring them back plus it would be a total immersion breaker(without changing the character endings).

So I've been frequenting the general forums from time to time and I kept seeing this thread with the corner of my eye. I haven't finished the game yet, I am 101 hours in and have just completed Now or Never. I feel the Triss romance plotline up to this point is brilliant, you can easily roleplay Geralt becoming disillusioned with Yen after their initial cold meeting and then being reunited with Triss makes him realise how much he actually loves her and how his feelings for her evolved from the time of the saga through the two games.

So after completing now or never and choosing Triss I finally gave in and decided to read this thread.... I am shocked by how huge it is but not surprised given there is not much Triss content afterwards, in fact it seems from what you guys are describing that the game itself behaves as in Triss wasn't even supposed to be a choice or is the wrong choice story wise and Yen gives the fuller experience. So now I am tempted to go back and let Triss go and try with Yen instead.... which is a shame because Triss has really grown on me and the whole storyline in Novigrad felt so emotional and close to heart, but I guess I have to sacrifice that for the full plot experience.... *sigh* at least on the first playthrough.

So I've been frequenting the general forums from time to time and I kept seeing this thread with the corner of my eye. I haven't finished the game yet, I am 101 hours in and have just completed Now or Never. I feel the Triss romance plotline up to this point is brilliant, you can easily roleplay Geralt becoming disillusioned with Yen after their initial cold meeting and then being reunited with Triss makes him realise how much he actually loves her and how his feelings for her evolved from the time of the saga through the two games.

So after completing now or never and choosing Triss I finally gave in and decided to read this thread.... I am shocked by how huge it is but not surprised given there is not much Triss content afterwards, in fact it seems from what you guys are describing that the game itself behaves as in Triss wasn't even supposed to be a choice or is the wrong choice story wise and Yen gives the fuller experience. So now I am tempted to go back and let Triss go and try with Yen instead.... which is a shame because Triss has really grown on me and the whole storyline in Novigrad felt so emotional and close to heart, but I guess I have to sacrifice that for the full plot experience.... *sigh* at least on the first playthrough.

As it has been said before its not a problem with Triss only but the general character interaction in Act 2 and 3 is massively reduced in comparison to Act 1.Whether you chose Triss or Yen(very hard choice,if you haven't played the Skellige quests you haven't realised that yet)you still don't get to explain your choice to any of your companions or see any differences in the dialogues.Granted everyone assumes you are with Yen but that is equally bad even if you choose Yen because you are robbed of the option to explain your preference to the characters closer to you such as Ciri.

Wellcome to the thread!
Yes you get the point..... but even with the broken story i will never chose Yen. Those short cute moments with Triss are worth the pain of have Yennefer shoved in the face for all the game. Anyway at the end you will have a bitter taste in your mouth. If you like Yennefer the story flows better, that's undeniable.

It was frustrating to have Triss cut off for a while after Novigrad but it was still worth choosing her because the experience was very memorable. You should have one more meaningful scene. Stay with Triss ;)

Yea I did, did you? You seem to have missed my posts there.

Also, again, you CANNOT implement the characters in the post Epilogue "with no changes" for the reasons above, again:

1)post Epilogue world is winter war is over lots of changes required for consistency
2)mostly everyone would have gone their different ways

"Most of the people" my nose! Even the people posting on here about the epilogue can't keep a straight position from post to post.

In this matter they did. And Cdpr lost.

I personally chose Triss in my 1st playthrough and Yen in my 2nd and i can honestly tell you its not much better since you still get the same dialogues plus the assumption that you are still with her even you don't explain that yourself to your companions.Still the same flaws though,no extra interaction or different dialogues.

I agree with @Gerald01. A lot of people want different things. Some want a Kovir DLC, some want a Romance DLC with only Triss, some want a post-end game state DLC, and so on. And IMO, that's clearly unreasonnable.

But MOSTLY : it will not fix anything. If we got a Kovir DLC, the Act 3 will still be a mess of interactions between characters.
The problem with the lack of Triss content is not the lack of Triss content outside the main quest but INSIDE the main quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom