Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My impression at least is that many players feel hesitant to ask more of the developers when they have already put so much time, resources and love into making an awesome game (I feel this way too). However, I think it's precisely because the game is so well done and the investment in the story is so great that attention has been drawn to inconsistencies or weaknesses where they exist; in what is otherwise an incredibly strong narrative.

I also made a reddit account just so I could ask the reddit poll OP to do the same thing

---------- Updated at 09:55 AM ----------

My impression at least is that many players feel hesitant to ask more of the developers when they have already put so much time, resources and love into making an awesome game (I feel this way too). However, I think it's precisely because the game is so well done and the investment in the story is so great that attention has been drawn to inconsistencies or weaknesses where they exist; in what is otherwise an incredibly strong narrative.

Agree - this is the first time I have ever done anything like this - but I did it because this is already my favourite game ever and want it to be perfect.

If the game wasn't so incredible I wouldn't really care. But it is incredible to so I do care.

TBH if they CDPR do make any imporvements on this issue then this game should definielty be GOTY and CDPR should win Company OTY

Last edited:
They just don't care about Triss and maybe don't even understand what the problem is. They are happy with Yenn enough or don't give a shit about romances at all.

Yeah i am curious to how many of those people actually romanced her or took notice of what we consider the problem to be. If Triss isn't one of their favourite characters, then it would be easy for them to overlook any inconsistencies in her story arc and think it was fine the way it is.

Nice to see there is support for better Triss content around the internet. That poll has a lot of votes for being new.

Here's some 4k shots from Now or Never.

Agree - this is the first time I have ever done anything like this - but I did it because this is already my favourite game ever and want it to be perfect.

If the game wasn't so incredible I wouldn't really care. But it is incredible to so I do care.

Exactly, I believe that people are being so vocal because they care about the characters and the story; so in that regard it should be seen as a real testament to CDPR, because they have given us something that truly deserves our passion and investment. I stand by what I have said before, The Witcher 3 is without a doubt one of the best narrative experiences I have ever had, but that does not mean that I can't suggest where I think the story could have been improved in certain areas.

Last edited:
And also someone who they themselves built up from a tertiary character in the books to a lead role in the games - essentially making her a character of their own. Where as with Yen, and I stand to be corrected (haven't read the books in a while), we got a mostly down to the letter portrayal of her without any "Really?" moments. I mean, she acted exactly the way I expected her to.

And it's a shame really - that all the development she had over the course of the games was, not thrown out of the window, but heavily sidelined in favor of Yennefer.

Exactly, i mean CDPR made Triss a very important character, something that she didn't have as much of in the books - so it is like the Triss from the games is a character CDPR made their own. The problem i have is that they wanted to introduce all these new characters into this game that were important to the books, and by doing that they had to focus on them and let the already established characters have less of a role - unfortunately they left it to the last game in the trilogy and this arguably was the time to bring balance in content between the new characters and the established characters. CDPR had to introduce characters like Yen and Ciri in a memorable way, as well as making them a vital part of the main storyline where as characters like Triss had one or two small story arcs and eventually ended up being sidelined (like you said) in favor of establishing the new characters, which shouldn't be the case.

Nice to see there is support for better Triss content around the internet. That poll has a lot of votes for being new.

Here's some 4k shots from Now or Never.

Hmmmmm - I like Triss's head in the new outfit but I think her dress is too revealing and stands out - not something she would wear unless at a ball or party lol.
Also I haven't read the books but I know she said she would never wear low cut tops again so...

I wish I could put that head on the default Triss outfit.

Yeah i am curious to how many of those people actually romanced her or took notice of what we consider the problem to be. If Triss isn't one of their favourite characters, then it would be easy for them to overlook any inconsistencies in her story arc and think it was fine the way it is.

A LOT. Actually, I'm in others video games forums in french, and as far as I can tell, for everyone who mentions having a romance with Triss, there's always the same comment : "I wish the romance with Triss to have more meaningful content". But not all of those people create an account to vote or express their opinion in reddit or cdprojekt forums.

@Scholdarr.452

You seem more bitter than usual...have the REDs responded to your thread yet? I keep meaning to drop in but I guess I am a 'bad neighbor'. I need to go check it out again!

No, I was just making some fun without deeper meaning... :rofl:

I never expected the REDs to respond to my thread in the first place. It was just meant as a place to discuss the narrative - and its shortcomings.

By the way, can I have the chestnut brown Triss who'd never show any cleavage back? I still can't get over the fact that they changed her appearance and character without any explained reason or context...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom