Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have to report some serious issues with the game that I have since D1. I've tried almost every solution I've found in the Internet or I could think but no luck at all. Tried to format the PC then install the game only, roll back the Nvidia driver, do a clean installation of the drivers, tried every possible combination of setting in game, use the digital copy (I'm a Collector's Edition owner), unistall GOG Galaxy, unistall the Nvidia HD audio drivers, set max power usage for my video card in Nvidia Control Panel...I can go on but really, the game still run bad SINCE D1.

Here's the facts:

1. Random Crashes (MOST IMPORTANT TROUBLE!): simply when I'm playing the game crash randomly, returns to Desktop with (99% of the time) the music/sounds still playing and I'm forced to use the Task Manager to close it. Sometimes I've also got the "Nvidia Driver Kernel Mode stop working" error (like this: http://lh6.ggpht.com/-hOMc6UI3FYs/T...DIA%2520ERROR_thumb%255B3%255D.png?imgmax=800) with the crash or it appears right after.
This crashes may occur after 1 hour, 1:30 hours, 2 hours etc. of playing, as well as 10-15 minutes. Totally random.
Up to now the most stable configuration I've found for play is turn off V-Sync, put the game on Borderless window and set a low framerate with Rivatuner (like 30 or 40 fps) but the game crash anyway when it wants, much much batter than other settings I've tried but the problem still remain and it's very very very annoying.
At the beginning I thought the problem was the V-Sync + an High Framerate becouse if I turned off them the game seemed run well but like I wrote, the crash still occur also with this two options off.

2. Some...texture problems (?): sorry but I don't really have no words for describe this issue. Fortunately I've got a video of this:

[video=youtube;-gSIVNCO4ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro[/video]

As you can see, there's this...things on screen that ruin the game at all. The video is not mine but personally they're appears only with 60 fps and V-Sync on.

3. Quest called "Dirty Money" bug:
is a level 2 treasure hunt quest you can find in White Orchard and it's bugged since D1 (yes, this also) for me. The diary says reading the letter you can found in the coffer that starts the quest, I've done it several times but the quest not proceed, it's still stuck on the first point and I can't complete it.

That's all. All this problems occurs ONLY with The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and, I repeat, since D1. I'm very desperate and I don't know what else to do, so I really need your help for fix this and finally play the game in peace.

Here's my specs:

CPU:
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte 780 Ti Windforce 3X (OC version) with 3072 MB VRAM GDDR5
RAM: 8 GB (7,87 GB usable - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 2x4GB DDR3 1866 MHz)
Mother Board: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI Ultra Durable (ver. 1.1)
SO: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Service Pack 1

And don't know if it helps but I use a Xbox 360 controller with wireless adaptator for playing Wild Hunt and my power supply is a Corsair CX 750M.

Sincerely hope you can help me and fix this, thanks a lot!!

PS: sorry for my english but I'm not good at all on speaking it, I've done my best. Hope you'll understand what I wrote here, thanks.

The most Nvidia Problems are Housemade from Nvidia Geforce EXPERIENCE Tool.
Sometimes it Works, sometimes it causes GameCrashs.

If DE-install and RE-install of Nvidia (AMD-) Drivers dont work, it gives a other Way for help.. Please Backup Your System first, with a DiskImager like Acronis True Image, befor You any do..

Look for the Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
Infos on: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...or-new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-06-17-2015-/

Every Time actual Versions on: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Restart Windows in SAVEMODE and Start DDU. Follow the Instructions from GForce Forum and DDU itself.
Use it with Caution..

DDU deinstalls ALL Displaydriver Except Windows Driver.. and set the Graphics-System back to a Base befor any other Displaydriver gets installed (like a Fresh Windows install).

After this, restart PC and reinstall the Driver (NVIDIA or AMD).. DONT install "Geforce Experience"..

Hope it Helps..

Regards

Drachenstern

Game file corruption?

Last night I took out an area with two flying beasties - I can't remember what they were then a royal flying beastie turned up.

Not long after that the game died.

When I tried to reload any game for about 15 games back I got told by the gui that two DLC's were not found -
Skilleges most wanted and where the wolf and the cat play.

I quit the game uninstalled skilleges most wanted - but even though I had clicked on the correct file name for the DLC it said it had uninstalled the timerian armor set, and skillleges most wanted was still in the installed list, a 2nd uninstall attempted told me that it wasnt there and asked if I wanted to remove it from the list which I did,
I then uninstalled where the wolf and the cat play and the timerian armor set for good measure and reinstalled all 3 DLC's.

This fixed the problem but suggests that those saved games may have been corrupted as anything before the affected ones with the same DLC installed at the time - worked whereas the later ones didn't.

Please excruse sprelling - yes I am english I just couldn't be bothered looking up the names of the places.

The most Nvidia Problems are Housemade from Nvidia Geforce EXPERIENCE Tool.
Sometimes it Works, sometimes it causes GameCrashs.

If DE-install and RE-install of Nvidia (AMD-) Drivers dont work, it gives a other Way for help.. Please Backup Your System first, with a DiskImager like Acronis True Image, befor You any do..

Look for the Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
Infos on: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...or-new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-06-17-2015-/

Every Time actual Versions on: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Restart Windows in SAVEMODE and Start DDU. Follow the Instructions from GForce Forum and DDU itself.
Use it with Caution..

DDU deinstalls ALL Displaydriver Except Windows Driver.. and set the Graphics-System back to a Base befor any other Displaydriver gets installed (like a Fresh Windows install).

After this, restart PC and reinstall the Driver (NVIDIA or AMD).. DONT install "Geforce Experience"..

Hope it Helps..

Regards

Drachenstern
I haven't got GeForce Experience on my PC. I know it's a crap tool and I've never install it on my system.

GAMEPLAY BUG in Contract: Mystery of the Byway Murders

- "Deal with the Ghouls" completed without killing all Ghouls

After killing two out of five ghouls, I isolated a third one. I was only level 17, so it took long to kill them. While fighting, me and the Ghoul went away from the village. When I killed that Ghoul (far away from the village with the other two remaining Ghouls), "Deal with the Ghouls" was completed and "Find the Surviving Villagers" was triggered. The mission continued, but there were two Ghouls left.

Btw this quest is very good! One of the most fun contracts.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have to report some serious issues with the game that I have since D1. I've tried almost every solution I've found in the Internet or I could think but no luck at all. Tried to format the PC then install the game only, roll back the Nvidia driver, do a clean installation of the drivers, tried every possible combination of setting in game, use the digital copy (I'm a Collector's Edition owner), unistall GOG Galaxy, unistall the Nvidia HD audio drivers, set max power usage for my video card in Nvidia Control Panel...I can go on but really, the game still run bad SINCE D1.

Here's the facts:

1. Random Crashes (MOST IMPORTANT TROUBLE!): simply when I'm playing the game crash randomly, returns to Desktop with (99% of the time) the music/sounds still playing and I'm forced to use the Task Manager to close it. Sometimes I've also got the "Nvidia Driver Kernel Mode stop working" error (like this: http://lh6.ggpht.com/-hOMc6UI3FYs/T...DIA%2520ERROR_thumb%255B3%255D.png?imgmax=800) with the crash or it appears right after.
This crashes may occur after 1 hour, 1:30 hours, 2 hours etc. of playing, as well as 10-15 minutes. Totally random.
Up to now the most stable configuration I've found for play is turn off V-Sync, put the game on Borderless window and set a low framerate with Rivatuner (like 30 or 40 fps) but the game crash anyway when it wants, much much batter than other settings I've tried but the problem still remain and it's very very very annoying.
At the beginning I thought the problem was the V-Sync + an High Framerate becouse if I turned off them the game seemed run well but like I wrote, the crash still occur also with this two options off.

That's all. All this problems occurs ONLY with The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and, I repeat, since D1. I'm very desperate and I don't know what else to do, so I really need your help for fix this and finally play the game in peace.

Here's my specs:

CPU:
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte 780 Ti Windforce 3X (OC version) with 3072 MB VRAM GDDR5
RAM: 8 GB (7,87 GB usable - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 2x4GB DDR3 1866 MHz)
Mother Board: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI Ultra Durable (ver. 1.1)
SO: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Service Pack 1

And don't know if it helps but I use a Xbox 360 controller with wireless adaptator for playing Wild Hunt and my power supply is a Corsair CX 750M.

Sincerely hope you can help me and fix this, thanks a lot!!

PS: sorry for my english but I'm not good at all on speaking it, I've done my best. Hope you'll understand what I wrote here, thanks.

There is a recent hotfix from NVIDIA for the CTD bug and TDR for among other issues 'Chrome and certain games'.

I can't say if it eliminates it, I was only crashing every 5-12 hours on average, which meant many sessions were crash free (as I have had with the last two sessions since the new driver was installed... but that could just be normal 'good luck'.)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/849203/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

May or may not be "the fix" for this solution, but I'll continue to monitor my game's stability (and that of browser and other applications (which have been a wee bit flaky under the 35x series drivers since May))

There is a recent hotfix from NVIDIA for the CTD bug and TDR for among other issues 'Chrome and certain games'.

I can't say if it eliminates it, I was only crashing every 5-12 hours on average, which meant many sessions were crash free (as I have had with the last two sessions since the new driver was installed... but that could just be normal 'good luck'.)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/849203/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

May or may not be "the fix" for this solution, but I'll continue to monitor my game's stability (and that of browser and other applications (which have been a wee bit flaky under the 35x series drivers since May))
I've recently tried to downclock my GPU (with various values, not just one) too and crash still occurs in the exactly way I've described before, so the hotfix you've linked me it's kind a last hope for me.
Thanks a lot, fingers crossed...

Unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue completely (though it may have fixed that specific example (uncertain)). I've temporarily gone to 347.88 which some say is the last version not to suffer from unexpected driver restarts.

Third video crash, this time during an action scene. Video settings on High. No indication of elevated temp anywhere. Video went first, sounds continued a few seconds, then crashed to desktop.

1. Has anyone looked in the baths to Dijkstra after his death? I looked, after completing the main quest. It's jarring to hear voices, a splash of water and a woman laughing in the complete absence of visitors baths.

2. After finishing the main quest I went to the village, where he was a quest In the Heart of the Woods. There's all stand and lay still, no one had left, the corpses were not removed. Although it's been a very long time.

Last edited:
Here's a thought for the devs: You've made Geralt imperturbable... what a psychiatrist might call "perfectly flat"... and I'm very glad you've given him his original face back... but since he has cat's eyes, why not let him show arousal (despite his stoicism) by changing pupil shape to round, as a cat does when aroused?

STILL WAITING on a fix for the bug where controls stop working during combat. Why hasnt this been fixed yet? Several people have reported this and there hasnt been a patch in some time. Something this serious should take priority over new content. CDPR has a good reputation for listening to its users. Dont let that reputation suffer now.

Just had numerous video crashes in quick succession at Devil's Pit, apparently related to running around with Witcher Sense constantly activated while rapidly picking up items. Didn't have the problem when I let go of Witcher Sense prior to picking up.

Bugged skills

Are the skills that were broken finally fixed? The list doesn't address them and the patch notes make NO mention of the broken skills in this game. Specifically:

- Fleet Footed (almost no significant effect)
- Cat School Techniques (crit damage bonus lost when quicktraveling)
- Rend (less damage than any other strike, CDPR, I cant believe you managed to break this in such a gross manner)
- Undying (never managed to get it to proc)
- There have also been issues with Whirl (unclear stamina and adrenaline drain behaviour in combat), Razor Focus (reduced adrenaline point gain at one point), Flood of Anger (completely unclear behaviour, doesn't produce a consistent and significant effect), Puppet (could only get it to work once).

Any comments on these? REDs?

Last edited:
Need help. There is a bug. In a bandit camp, in velen (north swamp) there is a prisoner you have to save. But not a single bandit have a key in his loot.
Problem is, this prisoner is needet for the gwint quest, and in my first playthrough I found the key.
Is this only a problem in my game, or is this is familiar problem?

In White Orchard,

Near Abandoned Village - If you look at my Mini map, it point out where it is. Weird dark spot. Landscape bug?

Im not sure this is bug. What happen to those people and Herbalist at Road Shrine? They disappeared. I no longer see them anymore. I dont know why. This happened when you play too long in the White Orchard I believe and/or they disappeared after I completed Lilac and Gooseberries.

Nifgaardian Camp in Garrison area. Everytime I run through this camp area i get a lot of shuttering or game crush (few times game crush, but not anymore). Can you please look into it. Thank you.

A guy who is carrying a crate is "jumpy tip toeing" near Nilfgaardian Garrsion travel post.

Thank you.

---------- Updated at 12:36 AM ----------

Can you please look into Additional Content in Tutorial because not everybody have Additional Content in their Tutorial. Im wondering why it is not showing up in their Tutorial. Even for players who had been playing The Witcher 3 for 120+ hours dont have it in their Tutorial.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Weird dark spot.jpg
    Weird dark spot.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Herbalist disappeared.jpg
    Herbalist disappeared.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Run through this area, shutter every times.jpg
    Run through this area, shutter every times.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Guy carrying crate is tip toeing.jpg
    Guy carrying crate is tip toeing.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
We have all this Bug.. Cant free the Prisoner.. key is missing.. We have to Wait for a Fix..

No we don't.

A number of people (some where between almost none and most) have a bug with the Claywich Merchant, I have attempted to rescue him twice (on two playthroughs) and have been entirely successful twice. I've never had an issue with any others (except *possibly* one group in the open at a junction... between Downwarren and Lindenvale ~ thought I saw a quest marker, but no bandit in the group had any quest items, and the hostage was dead by the time I could focus on him... and had nothing on him either). It didn't interfere with any open quests though which I cleared in Velen and Novigrad on my first playthrough (didn't finish off *everything* in Skellige though).

Doesn't mean that *you* don't have a problem. Maybe it is a platform specific thing? maybe comes down to playstyle?

We have all this Bug.. Cant free the Prisoner.. key is missing.. We have to Wait for a Fix..

1 + For Lieste

I dont have this problem. I was able to free all prisoners in Velen (Act 1) so far. Please be more specific what do you mean Drachenstern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom