Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of Dandelion's songs. All his songs are about Geralt and Yen basically. This shouldn't be any surprise. It's just another reminiscence to the books.

Hardly a surprise after Yen was more than once teased in TW2. And the prologue scene is pretty lacking in terms of interaction between Geralt and Yen. There is almost no "tension" and no intimacy there. Yen is more or less just a storytelling vessel at this point and nothing else (no real emotional depth). The scene is imo that underdeveloped that it would have worked even better without Yen...

Ahem, hardly possible since for at least the first half of the game Geralt doesn't even meet nor interact with Yen (all Velen and Novigrad), apart from the lacking and anti-climatic prologue scene...

This is kind of valid but the competition argument is still somehow weird. It shouldn't be important how much screen time one gets it should just be natural and believable. There are improvements possible for both Yen and Triss and imho the seperation of them two (locally and timely) doesn't improve anything. On the opposite, it kills possible tension in this threeway relationship and leads to imbalances. Some people have the feeling that Yen has more substance than Triss but I think that's in some parts explainable because Yen comes later in the game and that usually has the bigger impact, especially in a very long game. So I still think that the game would benefit most if Yen gets more content earlier in the game (and a better and more in-depth appearance in the prologue...) while Triss should get more content later in the game. And I do think that BOTH should get a lot more content right before the end, together with Ciri and Geralt.
You totally right, thanks.
I just want to say when some fanboy want to mess things up, we just ignore it.

Yeah but they kind of made up for that with TW3 so i can forgive them ;)
Absolutely.

Ignore the negative posts. Where is a new screenshot from you? :)
[SUB]You're right. I had read a post about an evil agenda we had built. I think it was my immagination. My bad.[/SUB]

Here it comes!

And the prologue scene is pretty lacking in terms of interaction between Geralt and Yen. There is almost not "tension" and no intimacy there. Yen more or less just a storytelling vessel at this point and nothing else.

No, come on. IMO this scene is done perfectly. A lot of intimacy, hell Geralt can even say that he 'only thinks about Yen' no matter how many women he had...(it's very true to the books but i get why Tiss' fans may be pissed lol). Also the lovey-dovey stare they share at the end. But this scene was actually meant to introduce Yen to the players, according to the devs.

Absolutely.

[SUB]You're right. I had read a post about an evil agenda we had built. I think it was my immagination. My bad.[/SUB]

Here it comes!

I think they did a dreadful job with the alternative outfits. For all characters, Ciri, Triss and Yennefer.

And the prologue scene is pretty lacking in terms of interaction between Geralt and Yen. There is almost no "tension" and no intimacy there. Yen is more or less just a storytelling vessel at this point and nothing else (no real emotional depth). The scene is imo that underdeveloped that it would have worked even better without Yen...
They had just met after 2 years. With Yen knowing that Geralt was with Triss. It had sense.

---------- Updated at 08:14 PM ----------

I think they did a dreadful job with the alternative outfits. For all characters, Ciri, Triss and Yennefer.
I'm not exactly a fan of Ciri outfit, but I don't like Triss alternative look at all, out of character, methinks. :yes

You say that in here @Scholdarr.452 but you disrupted our thread until it was closed. Now you want to play the high and mighty and talk about choices when you behave like our choice to go with Triss was some kind of abomination? You had an agenda and unfortunately you were successful. Sad isn't it that this tread started before ours and in 30 day we became the largest and most viewed thread. That was painful to watch wasn't it?

Said my peace and I'm out.

Good luck and hope we all get the changes we desire to make the game more satisfying for all.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I see the same people who caused troubles in here. Yet, I see a lot of people who never did anything remotely wrong to bother any of us.

Therefore, my deseire to reveal Yennefer's flaws died because I don't wish to bother people with what I have to say, expressing my dislike is enough.

They had just met after 2 years. With Yen knowing that Geralt was with Triss. It had sense.

No, the dream was rather 'random' meaning that it doesn't take place in any particular time...Ciri is still a kid, for example so it can't be happening around game timeline.

No, the dream was rather 'random' meaning that it doesn't take place in any particular time...Ciri is still a kid, for example so it can't happen around game timeline.
Ah you are talking about the dream? Well a mixed bag of Geralt's thoughts. He even said after waking up that we he dreams of Ciri something bad is about to happen.

No, come on. IMO this scene is done perfectly. A lot of intimacy, hell Geralt can even say that he 'only thinks about Yen' no matter how many women he had...(it's very true to the books but i get why Tiss' fans may be pissed lol). Also the lovey-dovey stare they share at the end. But this scene was actually meant to introduce Yen to the players, according to the devs.
Well, I felt different. After all the time they haven't seen each other I didn't felt much intimacy between them. And the weird "time constraint" prevented any further interaction. It's just not how I imagined they would interact with each other after such a long time.

Compare that to the great scene on Skellige when the meet for the second time and Geralt says that he loves how she smells. That got me goosebumps. It was almost perfectly staged and imo one of the best directed scenes in the game with awesome tension, good timing, well done animation, superb voice acting and real intimacy (and then the "climax" on the unicorn later on). I wish that was the first time they saw each other, not the second time.... ;)

This I can agree on. I liked some things about Yennefer's but it was kind of bland overall. Her original was pretty perfect in my opinion.

Not exactly related to Yennefer, but as i see a lot Germans here, RocketbeansTV is having a special at this sunday about Witcher 3. Looks like they want to play a lot of Witcher at this day.

Well, I felt different. After all the time they haven't seen each other I didn't felt much intimacy between them. And the weird "time constraint" prevented any further interaction. It's just not how I imagined they would interact with each other after such a long time.

Compare that to the great scene on Skellige when the meet for the second time and Geralt says that he loves how she smells. That got me goosebumps. It was almost perfectly staged and imo one of the best directed scenes in the game with awesome tension, good timing, well done animation, superb voice acting and real intimacy (and then the "climax" on the unicorn later on). I wish that was the first time they saw each other, not the second time.... ;)

Fine, let's just agree to disagree :)

But yeah, I loved 'the wake' scene as well :D Great dialogues.

On second thought, we might misunderstand each other here. With "prologue" scene I meant the scene in White Orchard and Vizima and not Geralt's dream. This is also clearly not the first time they see each other since it's just a dream of Geralt. But if you mean that, I agree with you. The dream was pretty nicely staged and had indeed both tension and intimacy between Geralt and Yen. ;)

And in the end the dream is pretty much necessary to introduce Yen and Ciri as important characters for the game. I wouldn't mind of Triss being part of that dream somehow as well since complete newcomers to the franchise don't know her neither. So the dream serves as introduction for book characters but not as introduction for games characters. That's a pretty valid point of criticsm, I agree with everyone who brought that up.

On second thought, we might misunderstand each other here. With "prologue" scene I meant the scene in White Orchard and Vizima and not Geralt's dream. This is also clearly not the first time they see each other since it's just a dream of Geralt

Ahh ok, I thought you were talking about the dream :)

Well, the Vizima scene could have been handled better, that's true...but Yen was in her usual business mode ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom