Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@DaWitcher
Agree or disagree there is a point at which someone will ask the question: will nothing make them happy?.

There is that point but i dont think we are even close to that.. Our previous list in the last thread was very general. The new list makes specific suggestions base on inputs from people in this and the previous thread. If everyone feel this way we can remove the list from the OP and go back you posting fan arts. I will go with whatever is decided.

For example, Old list # 1 said: One extra scene with Triss just before the final battle- Dev already said no new scenes.

New list: Kaer Morhen: One suggestions that can be added to already existing scenes- example: During the Witcher drinking session with Lambert and Eskel if Geralt romance Triss, dialogue option should allow him to discuss it with his fellow Witchers. (No changes to scene just dialogue tweak/addition and Triss presence).

Like I said tho if I was out of line for compiling suggestions and updating the list. Everyone can opt to take it down. I promise not to say anything about list again wouldn't want to piss of the dev for trying to be more detail with our request.

When I compile that list i asked in the forum and no one objected. I send the to the Dev and got this back. I am sure if they were upset they would have said something.

Marcin Momot said:
DaWitcher said:
Good Morning,

I know you guys have your hands full with the awesome work you are doing so, I will try not to take up too much of your time. Our previous Triss inconsistencies thread was shutdown and we had to relocate, good news is the new thread took of at the speed of light.

We revised some of our ideas and suggestions for improvements base on new inputs and we were hoping you guys could read them. The link is for the OP in the new thread. The revisions are under the 3rd spoiler tag, it's also on page 129 of the thread.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51724-Triss-Merigold-(all-spoilers)

Thank you for your time and consideration.

V/R
DaWitcher

Quote of the day: "I heard that Internet addiction is now an official mental disorder and you can go to rehab for it. I'm only going if there's Wi-Fi" unk

Hi,

Thanks for sending this over. We'll look into it as always.

Cheers,
Marcin

Last edited:
​Lovely

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-07-05 21-45-04-31.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-05 21-45-04-31.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 156
There is that point but i dont think we are even close to that.. Our previous list in the last thread was very general. The new list makes specific suggestions base on inputs from people in this and the previous thread. If everyone feel this way we can remove the list from the OP and go back you posting fan arts. I will go with whatever is decided.

For example, Old list # 1 said: One extra scene with Triss just before the final battle- Dev already said no new scenes.

New list: Kaer Morhen: One suggestions that can be added to already existing scenes- example: During the Witcher drinking session with Lambert and Eskel if Geralt romance Triss, dialogue option should allow him to discuss it with his fellow Witchers. (No changes to scene just dialogue tweak/addition and Triss presence).

Like I said tho if I was out of line for compiling suggestions and updating the list. Everyone can opt to take it down. I promise not to say anything about list again wouldn't want to piss of the dev for trying to be more detail with our request.

When I compile that list i asked in the forum and no one objected. I send the to the Dev and got this back. I am sure if they were upset they would have said something.

I'd like to think of the list as a menu of additions we'd like to see. CDPR can then pick their favourites for us to enjoy. I'm not expecting everything on it to be implemented but if all they're willing to do is add a few lines of dialogue here and there it's a wasted effort. I really hope they take this issue serious because to have your main love interest from the previous two games reduced to a background NPC is a slap in the face for all of us who chose that route.

It's like someone said before, I'm not interested in the books, I couldn't care less what's in the books nor could I give two hoots about romancing Yennefer. I have played this Trilogy, spent my money and shown loyalty to the brand and I only want the main romance from the previous two games to be treated on equal terms as Yennefer.

Also, were did they say no new scenes? I know they said no new content but that depends on what they consider content. I'm not doubting you, I just don't know were they said it.

Last edited:

There is absolutely no problem with the list as long as you don't expect everything that has been listed to be fixed.

Also, I'd really like that CD Projekt come with their own ideas too. Because like it or not, they're better writters and story tellers than us.

EDIT : Actually it's the whole obsession about the Rose of Remembrance that scares me. I have the impression that the devs could deliver wonderful changes and fixes, if they don't include the rose of remembrance, they are the devil....

Last edited:
There is absolutely no problem with the list as long as you don't expect everything that has been listed to be fixed.

Also, I'd really like that CD Projekt come with their own ideas too. Because like it or not, they're better writters and story tellers than us.

EDIT : Actually it's the whole obsession about the Rose of Remembrance that scares me. I have the impression that the devs could deliver wonderful changes and fixes, if they don't include the rose of remembrance, they are the devil....

Personally i'm not tied to any fix in particular. I do feel the Rose was a missed romance opportunity but it's certainly not a deal breaker. I'm very open to whatever changes they are able to action to improve the Triss romantic experience so it feels more joined up.

Now im very close to the end of the game in my first play through, and i have picked Triss in this play through. Im waiting on the new patch to come out so i can finish it up but, do you guys think that there will be a DLC where there is more interaction with her if you picked her in the game? Like after you have beat the game? And will i be able to save the game after ive finished it and start a 2nd play through but be also able to go to my 1st play through? And ive heard the dialogue will change with Triss, you think it'll be better? I personally hope so cause in the game you dont get to interact with her much after you pick her.

Last edited:

I agree. And I am not naive to think the dev is going to address everything, but that's no reason to be afraid of presenting our ideas or limiting our ideas and suggestions.

The list is just that, suggestion, for all we know CDPR writers are going to come up with their own fixes, again no reason to be afraid of presenting our ideas or limiting our ideas.

A lot of people want the rose because it ties to the last story for both character. Geralt give her the rose as lovers so as lovers in W3 if he give it back to her it's small but significant.

5. Giving us something to discuss with her on the boat, like Alvin's letter in TW3 (He was like a son to her for god-sake).

I really thought there would be some follow-up to that letter! If they can make a scene for de-compressing random people turned into statues, they could have put in a conversation about that letter.

Was there really any need to bother a dev regarding this patch when it is pure common sense the Triss fixes will take longer to implement.
Some people are so excited that they are expecting changes every day.They think this is a job for 2 weeks lol)It's not their fault).Just emotions).

I really thought there would be some follow-up to that letter! If they can make a scene for de-compressing random people turned into statues, they could have put in a conversation about that letter.

Yeah, that's why I suggested it. It would give something to talk about and discuss with her, if there was ever any lack of things to discuss that is (Which is what's happening). We haven't been able to talk about Alvin with her since TW1.

Judging by what I have read, I am probably in the minority here, but I don't really care about the Rose of Remembrance and don't want CDPR to spend all of their time agonizing over that. I guess I'm just a cynic, but I took all that Elven nonsense from the Witcher 2 about the flower never fading to be exactly that, mumbo jumbo. Geralt's relationship with Triss shouldn't hinge upon the health and well-being of a plant. I'd also like to see CDPR come up with some of their own fixes and additons, otherwise it is just going to feel like fan-fic.

At any rate, I certainly think that no one should submit any further suggestions on how to improve Triss' character arc or romance. At this point, it would just come across as needy and probably alienate the developers. They already know there is a problem, and they are working on it.

Judging by what I have read, I am probably in the minority here, but I don't really care about the Rose of Remembrance and don't want CDPR to spend all of their time agonizing over that. I guess I'm just a cynic, but I took all that Elven nonsense from the Witcher 2 about the flower never fading to be exactly that, mumbo jumbo. Geral't relationship with Triss shouldn't hinge upon the health and well-being of a plant. I'd also like to see CDPR come up with some of their own fixes and additons, otherwise it is just going to feel like fan-fic.

At any rate, I certainly think that no one should submit any further suggestions on how to improve Triss' character arc or romance. At this point, it would just come across as needy and probably alienate the developers. They already know there is a problem, and they are working on it.

I like you am a cynic about the rose myth, but for that doesn't mean it wasn't a symbol of their love, no matter the current state of the flower.But i'm happy to see what fixes they think work.

I very much agree, they should be left to work on it in peace as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom