Digital Foundry's verdict Patch 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Xbox version has gotten worse, in the swamps anyway. Seems to be stable during daytime though.

Last edited:
This is really bad actually, I had no idea that there were framedops to 20 fps on consoles, I figured they could at least hold a solid 30. I kind of feel bad for console players now, they waited so long, and now the patch somehow made the performance even worse :( Oh well, now I'm wondering what it'll do to the PC version of the game. We'll see I guess when it's out.

I have disabled auto-updates in Galaxy. My current games works pretty well (with mods). Need to see what happens on PC in light of the apparent fubar on the consoles.

To be fair, they did improve PS4 performance significantly in fog/mist areas, from what I saw. That's not shown in the comparison video.

There are slight frame drops in certain areas,but it ain't super bad. The game looks better all round too. It looks more detailed and crisper. The textures are better...especially close up and medium range. There is also less pop in. Geralts movement in alt mode is a great improvment. Even the horse feels better. The menu is cleaner,and a lot smoother all round. You can see in the xbox video that some details look better,and pop in earlier. The water looks a touch better to me also. Swimming seems slightly better. People need to play themselves,see and pay attention,because there are improvements.

I played my previous save games last night from 1.05 with the new patch and noticed improvement in areas. I have now started a fresh from the start again. So far, everything has been fine. With the patch being so big, I felt a fresh start was needed.

I can see how the consoles are struggling...the programmers must be tearing their hair out with these netbook-level jaguar CPUs...
Novigrad looks like ghost town, pop-in everywhere, and still not even the paltry 30fps...it is just sad. Sony/MS really should have gone with Intel instead, even half a decade old i5 would be much more powerful than this :(
Alternatively, people should just bite the bullet and get the PC for the adequate experience..

I can see how the consoles are struggling...the programmers must be tearing their hair out with these netbook-level jaguar CPUs...
Novigrad looks like ghost town, pop-in everywhere, and still not even the paltry 30fps...it is just sad. Sony/MS really should have gone with Intel instead, even half a decade old i5 would be much more powerful than this :(
Alternatively, people should just bite the bullet and get the PC for the adequate experience..

I totally agree,it's not an easy task to work with those limitations ( not saying PC development is easy with
so many variations of hardware) these cpu's are not really up to the task.

Please CDP respond, are you going to work on the framerate more, or are you going to let it like that :worried:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom