Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
True love is complicated but not the fact ot it.

In the wild hunt game forum ignoring the events of the games completely seems a rather strange stance imo but you are entitled to it i suppose

Ignoring the events of the games? WhoWhereWhen? Everything is clear again because we know what was before...in the books.
That's why Yennefer doesn't look like a BigBadWolfNecromancer for me. I (just like Geralt) have learned how to understand her.

No we're talking about love and love can very much end without being broken violently. Feelings may not outright die but that doesn't mean they will rise from the ash ember either like the phoenix.
20 years of love. 20 years, man! 20 years they were ready to die for each other, and then "Puff, love is gone"? That's stupid, crazy and not serious. Love can end in one moment if one is 14 years old and on Monday loves Johnny, on Tuesday Tommy looks nicer, and on Friday one think that there is not better boy, than Ed. But when you live and die behind one person, love just can end in one minute, and if there is ruins (what I do not see at all) hey will go through it, because of love.

To drop the tension built up by arguments, let's take a look at what's happening in "A Shard of Ice" meanwhile...

So uhh... I was thinking...
I wanted to make it simple tonight... maybe I just kiss you and... then we go to bed and make love?

Oh Geralt please, you could be far more creative than that you know! Uhh, maybe we could try the unicorn again, hmm?

:what: Please no! I still can't feel my back after I fell from that thing yesterday! Even Swallow didn't help me...

Alright, calm down darling. How about we make love on a balcony for everyone to see? Hmm, exciting!

:areukiddingme: Uh you see... in spite of everything you might've heard about me I never really was an exhibitionist...

Okay. Pardon me, I forgot you were such a casual. If balcony feels too public for you, how about a slope of a roof?

:geraltsad: Yen why are you doing this to me... You know I hate heights.
You know I almost threw up when you forced me to make love thirty fathoms above the ground while we levitated...

Hmm, I see your point. So nothing too public and we can't even be high above the ground?
Shame, these two excite me the most!

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

Anyways, I need some adrenaline for sure. If we can't use a rooftop... what about...
You see that bridge over there? And the small rivulet streaming swiftly beneath it?

What if we used our canoe and made love on the rushing stream?

:yawn: Why do you always have to make everything so complicated Yen?
Two days ago we fucked on a dead tree... Now on a canoe?

Oh look! Tiger is finally showing his claws! Good, keep going my love, get mad at me, you know it turns me on the most.

:geraltthatsgood:You got me. Since you mentioned that bridge, do you see the railing on it? How about I bend you over that?

Uhh... That's a brilliant idea Geralt! I'm glad you finally decided to take some initiative! I can't wait, let us be on our way...
CLASSIC

In contrast to the witcher, who considered a bed a luxury and valued all possibleapplications such a wonderful piece of furniture offered, Yennefer was wildly inventive.Geralt recalled pleasant moments spent with the sorceress on the slope of a roof, in thehollow of a dead tree, on the balcony, and those of others, the railing of a bridge, a canoe,rocking unsteadily on a rushing stream and lastly while levitating thirty fathoms above theground. ©

Last edited:
H
True love is complicated but not the fact ot it.

Ignoring the events of the games? WhoWhereWhen? Everything is clear again because we know what was before...in the books.
That's why Yennefer doesn't look like a BigBadWolfNecromancer for me. I (just like Geralt) have learned how to understand her.

I thought when you were claiming to base your perception purely on the books rather than that of the books and the game. Apologies if I misread your comment.
Obviously you can view her as being wholly positive in wild hunt and have a view on what was before, that doesn't change cd red's presentation of the relationship as something to be re-confirmed.

In contrast to the witcher, who considered a bed a luxury and valued all possibleapplications such a wonderful piece of furniture offered, Yennefer was wildly inventive.Geralt recalled pleasant moments spent with the sorceress on the slope of a roof, in thehollow of a dead tree, on the balcony, and those of others, the railing of a bridge, a canoe,rocking unsteadily on a rushing stream and lastly while levitating thirty fathoms above theground. ©

I just love this pic:

20 years of love. 20 years, man! 20 years they were ready to die for each other, and then "Puff, love is gone"? That's stupid, crazy and not serious. Love can end in one moment if one is 14 years old and on Monday loves Johnny, on Tuesday Tommy looks nicer, and on Friday one think that there is not better boy, than Ed. But when you live and die behind one person, love just can end in one minute, and if there is ruins (what I do not see at all) hey will go through it, because of love.

It's a good thing then that years have passed and characters have suffered traumatic experiences that have potentially opened them up to different experiences.

True love doesn't even exist. It is just love. If someone want to tell himself his tale, it's up to him, but what I appreciate of the Witcher world is that nothing is like in a tale for kids, everything has a downside, nothing is perfect, nothing is plain and simple because that's how it works in reality. A passion like the one between Geralt and Yen could not last forever in the reality (without the Dijin obv) same for the one for Triss. Moreover, as pointed before, no one said that Yen is the perfect woman for Geralt, not even the author, who basically said that a scale of values between Triss and Yen is pointless and they just serve the plot. It never supposed to be a disney-like tale, I guess. That is the reason why I did not like the "happily ever after" ending with Triss or Yen in Wild Hunt. Too simple and predicted, in my opinion it does betray a bit the mature spirit of the books, at least for how it has been shown.

My humble opinion

It's a good thing then that years have passed and characters have suffered traumatic experiences that have potentially opened them up to different experiences.
Their experience through 20 book years was more traumatic, and only brought them together, and allowed them to love each other more. Do not see what so traumatic they lived through after their "death". What can be worst than to die in each other arms? No, I still see Geralt only with Yen, or dead. Because their love story is too complicated, too deep and beautiful to be abandoned because of reasons, whatever they can be.

True love doesn't even exist. It is just love. If someone want to tell himself his tale, it's up to him, but what I appreciate of the Witcher world is that nothing is like in a tale for kids, everything has a downside, nothing is perfect, nothing is plain and simple because that's how it works in reality. A passion like the one between Geralt and Yen could not last forever in the reality (without the Dijin obv) same for the one for Triss. Moreover, as pointed before, no one said that Yen is the perfect woman for Geralt, not even the author, who basically said that a scale of values between Triss and Yen is pointless and they just serve the plot. It never supposed to be a disney-like tale, I guess. That is the reason why I did not like the "happily ever after" ending with Triss or Yen in Wild Hunt. Too simple and predicted, in my opinion it does betray a bit the mature spirit of the books, at least for how it has been shown.

My humble opinion

True love is not a "happily ever after" thing.
True love in the first way is mostly disease. Higher disease. Obsession.
Geralt in "A Shard Of Ice" is obsessed with Yennefer.
Yennefer in the end of "The Lady Of The Lake" is obsessed with Geralt.
It's hard to handle a real true love. I can't explain it to be honest. But it's possible.

True love is not a "happily ever after thing". "Happily ever after" is a prize for overcoming the thousands obstacles.
Geralt and Yennefer just the luckers because they have time, they have long lives. But I'm sure that they've earned that prize. A prize for their immortal love.

They already earned it after "death" but Eredin was disagree.
GERALT, BUT IM BETTER THAN SHE :eredin:
So for me The WItcher 3 is something like disturbed puzzle. We just need to put its pieces back into the beautiful picture.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know books Redemyr - it was "ironic" comment nothing more....please don't take offence :)

No offense taken, you didn't say anything to me :)

It's just that now that I'm reading the books, I just can't help but post stuff from them... Besides being pretty good, they give great insight into the characters themselves... And as far as the topic here, they give good reasons and motives for each side of the fence...

Btw, I'm at the part where they meet Regis, I'm seriously consider switching to #TeamRegis, that guy is awesome.

No offense taken, you didn't say anything to me :)

It's just that now that I'm reading the books, I just can't help but post stuff from them... Besides being pretty good, they give great insight into the characters themselves... And as far as the topic here, they give good reasons and motives for each side of the fence...

Btw, I'm at the part where they meet Regis, I'm seriously consider switching to #TeamRegis, that guy is awesome.

Welcome abroad! Read until the point where he tells Geralt his story... Bloody awesome. #TeamRegisForever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom