+

Redkit 2 Now mega-thread!

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • YES PLEASE!

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters
Redkit 2 Now mega-thread!

So, all throughout these forums have I read (and written) posts about a release of Redkit 2 as soon as possible. This thread can act as a sort of list of everyone's why that should happen, as well as a sort of online petition (provided it gains some followers)*. For example. Here is why I think Redkit 2 should be CDPR's top priority (heck - even give us an alpha release so we can get modding - PLEASE)

1. While Witcher 3 is easily the best RPG of all time, it has a LOT of complaints. Releasing Redkit would let players fix things themselves, to their liking, without bothering the devs who are hard at work on patches and expansions. Such as:
- Incomplete crafting system with many ingredients that simply have no use
- "Ugly" armors
- Lack of scaling
- Lack of real quests to get Witcher gear
- Out-leveling all the enemies and quests
- Every other complaint out there

2. Fallout 4 is coming. And with the very, very small popularity of Witcher 2's Redkit, it will take a LOT for TW3 to compete with Fallout. If Redkit is released before Fallout 4, then all those players who would have forgotten about Witcher 3 when that happens will have modding to keep their attention.

3. Instead of their small team of employees testing the program for bugs, they would have the entire modding community to test for bugs.

4. It will allow players to fix bugs they've found in the game as well, freeing up more dev time. At least in the short term.

And those are just a few, off the top of my head. Please, add your own reasons to the ones you just read! And vote 'Yes' in the poll if you agree!

* = Not that I'm a big believer in the use of online petitions, but with how hands-on CDPR is with their fans, I think that if we speak they will listen. Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I have skewed views of what people wants, but everyone I know who plays TW3 agrees that Redkit should be a priority.

if they dont release the mod kit this fall or early 2016 (after expansions ) the community its just gonna forget it like the witcher 2 mod kit

Agreed, G3nome. And that's the last thing I personally want. I want to go to the TW3 Nexus and find new stuff every day. I want a large, thriving community. Honestly, all of that starts with early Redkit.

Guest 2364765

Just look at Skyrim. Game is 4 years old and people are still buying and playing it.
Well, skyrim offers entirely different level of modability than Witcher 2 Redkit.

Redkit that i know is nothing more than a robust custom scenario tool, i am not aware whether it allowed you to import new models/textures/sounds in order to create/replace NPCs, weapons and armor.

"Lack of scaling"

Which is the best thing ever. I want a real RPG with no level scaling, as Gothic, not a dumbass RPG like TES.

But, yes, REdkit needs to come out ASAP.

Exactly - and with Redkit, hopefully people can make this kind of change themselves, in a mod, and not bother the devs with requests for it.

---------- Updated at 08:55 PM ----------

Well, skyrim offers entirely different level of modability than Witcher 2 Redkit.

Redkit that i know is nothing more than a robust custom scenario tool, i am not aware whether it allowed you to import new models/textures/sounds in order to create/replace NPCs, weapons and armor.

We don't know much about Redkit2 but we've been told you will be able to do more with it than you could with the old Redkit. Honestly, I'm betting it will have many more features. Let's hope it's as great as Skyrim's Creation Kit. Let's also hope it's released soon!

Exactly - and with Redkit, hopefully people can make this kind of change themselves, in a mod, and not bother the devs with requests for it.

No, wait, you misunderstood me, I meant the exactly opposite. lol
The lack of level scaling is not a problem, the level scaling would be a problem.
But yes, although with the Redkit, who want a different game design rules can modify the game himself without force the developers to take a decision they dislike.

No, wait, you misunderstood me, I meant the exactly opposite. lol
The lack of level scaling is not a problem, the level scaling would be a problem.
But yes, although with the Redkit, who want a different game design rules can modify the game himself without force the developers to take a decision they dislike.

Haha! No, I knew exactly what you meant. Level scaling would create a problem. But with a modding tool, players can do this themselves, meaning only those who want it will have it, and those who don't need not bother. And the devs don't have to be bothered. These forums are so clogged up with people requesting CDPR to do things that will make TW3 the game THEY would make instead of the game CDPR made. With mods, CDPR can concentrate on actually optimizing the game and releasing new content, leaving stuff like level scaling and balancing and all the other minutiae to the modders. It's a win/win.

10/10 poll m8.

But check out what rootstrat has found in the user.settings file with patch 1.07 (this is new):

[ContentManager/Mods]
MaxNameLength=64
Enabled=true

Which might mean something is in the works :)

10/10 poll m8.

But check out what rootstrat has found in the user.settings file with patch 1.07 (this is new):

[ContentManager/Mods]
MaxNameLength=64
Enabled=true

Which might mean something is in the works :)

This would be so awesome. But I wonder how a possible early release of the redkit 2 would be influenced by constant version updates of the game. I guess the redkit would have to be patched again and again, too, to keep up with the current game version. That is why I fear we won't get the redkit before most of the game's issues are solved.... but I hope I am really wrong here. :)

Signed.

But it can be a little tricky. Check what Konrad Tomaszkiewicz said when asked about Redkit2 in this interview
at 30min mark (damm cant post the link - just google this
Konrad Tomaszkiewicz: Storytelling as a tool for making open world games)

- "Ugly" armors
- Lack of scaling
- Lack of real quests to get Witcher gear
- Out-leveling all the enemies and quests
- Every other complaint out there
All these things are unimportant. We want better graphics. That's the sole reason Redkit 2 should be released.

Septerra_Core as far as I know Boris doesnt use Creation kit for his ENB for Skyrim or any other game he makes one,
so if he wanted he could make one for Witcher without Redkit.

Someone correct me if I m wrong tho.

That's the sole reason Redkit 2 should be released.

*Ahem*
I can think of another good one... miles and miles of recreated lands of the Continent. I'm sure lots of fans would look forward to visiting iconic locations from the books... Cintra, Ellander, Gors Velen, Brokilon...
Pereplut...

I like this mega-thread. And all of its 2 pages.
OP keeps using this word, I do not think this word means what he thinks it means...

so if he wanted he could make one for Witcher without Redkit.
Problem is, he doesn't want to. In his opinion, the game is buggy, is patched too often (which makes things harder for him) and he isn't a fan of the game in general.

That being said, lighting is not the first thing I'd improve if I had to improve the graphics; things like flexible water simulation, LOD, particle effects and fire are the things I'd focus on.

Mods will also be cool for quests that expand the verse. Imagine a custom quest with characters that CDPR neglected.

Modkit cannot be released sooner, honestly. We've got big releases coming up this year, with Phantom Pain, and ESPECIALLY Fallout 4. These games will divert attention away from Witcher 3, and ultimately, will result in a less healthy mod community if Redkit isn't released ASAP. I mean, look no further than Witcher 2. They released a great mod tool, but hardly anybody used it because it was 2 years late. I hope CDPR learned from this mistake.

All these things are unimportant. We want better graphics. That's the sole reason Redkit 2 should be released.

That literally has nothing to do with a modding toolkit. Look on the Nexus if you're looking for lighting and ENB. There are already a bunch. Of course, Boris - the man - hasn't made one.

---------- Updated at 12:30 AM ----------

OP keeps using this word, I do not think this word means what he thinks it means...

Oh, I know what it means. I just happen to have faith that eventually it WILL be a whole bunch of pages. This is something time sensitive that could make or break Witcher modding. CDPR has stated in the past that they are huge fans of modding and will do everything they can to support it. Too important not to have a single thread dedicated to trying to get Redkit released sooner.

Maybe we should make a list of features we'd like to see while we're here - right now, this kind of thing is spread across a couple dozen threads. If it's in one place (especially a place with a catchy title like Redkit Now Mega-thread-hehe) then it's easier for CDPR to see and take into consideration.

---------- Updated at 12:37 AM ----------

We're all assuming there will be a great, user-friendlier (than Redkit 1) quest creation system. On top of that, honestly, I would love the kind of versatility we see in Skyrim's Creation Kit, or Fallout: New Vegas's GECK. Honestly, even the fan-created DAI Tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition has some great stuff, and it was made by fans for a game that doesn't want anything to do with modding.

The biggies, however, are:
-Mesh and texture importing/swapping
-Animation importing/editing
-A "racemenu", or way to edit player and/or NPC faces. (Say we want to create a huge quest mod starring a brand new Witcher - how do we make him not use Geralt's face - or make him a her? Something like this, giving us access to what the devs used to create the NPC faces, for example, would be absolutely amazing. It would definitely clinch Redkit2 as the new premium in modding tools.)
-The ability to not only make our own quests, but edit the vanilla ones.
-The ability to re-create Witchers 1 & 2 in the updated engine
-The ability to create every single type of item in the game
-Alchemy; 'Nuff said

This is all stuff off the top of my head. I could make a pages long list if I wanted to. But I'm mostly listing this to get the ball rolling and see what you guys think.

Top Bottom