Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Kalle, you're the best. Huge props and kudos for your hard work and effort. :unworthy:

But I think my own posts are way too prominently featured in this collection...

Well, you went quite into details, so i wanted to underline it.

One thing to suggest to change a dialogue, another to actually comment every line of it :)

I suppose this could be taken as a general opinion about Yennefer, biased or not book readers will probably sympathize:

*snip*

A bit pushy, but sometimes you need to push people for their own good apparently :D

I wished i could read the books for the first time again...

I also played the games first, 1 & 2, and thought afterwards why not read at least the first book? Who knows when Witcher 3 will come out (back then its developement wasn't even confirmed yet).

I had not even finished the first real chapter, i already ordered the next books :)

Oh come on, what have I done to deserve this... d-d-d-dragon. :sad2:

Im still wondering how you made this screenshot...
His view is priceless :lol:
I didn't, I found it here, don't know the real source but may Melitele bless who took it.

Doing the new gamethrow, trying to find something that can say: "Yeah, now we see Geralt could cease to love Yen".

But...there are no reasons for it.
Even just a little reason (except NECRO(we know Geralt in the books was ready to do everything to find Cirilla, that's why even necromancy is not a reason).

The game Yennefer is always right. Do you remember any moment when she failed?
The game Yennefer is always reasonable:
- Working for Emhyr? She realised that alone they can do nothing, and without Emhyr's people She and Geralt could never know that Ciri's back.
- Didn't tell Geralt about her wish for Djinn at once? She was afraid but really wanted to know does her feeling real or not. Who can call her selfish for it? It's real courage.
- Didn't say to the Witchers about The Trial of Grasses? She knew the possible reaction and had no time for calming down the witchers.
- Was rude in Kaer Morhen? Even Jaskier on her place could'd wanted to kill them all after the waste of week for nothing.
etc.

The game Yennefer always loves Geralt. Maybe she's not enough open but it's easy to read on her face. If you can not see it - ophthalmologist is helpless to fix.

You can kill me, call me a mad zealot but I don't see even a little reason for Geralt to prefer someone over her. I don't see even a little reason for Geralt to say: "I don't love you anymore".

:yawn:: How to say "No" to you?

: Do you really want it?
:smiling2:: No.

Attachments

• wxHJzzL.png
    wxHJzzL.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Doing the new gamethrow, trying to find something which can say: "Yeah, now we see that Geralt could cease to love Yen".

But...there are no reasons for it.
Even just a little reason (except NECRO(we know Geralt in the books was ready to do everything to find Cirilla, that's why even necromancy is not a reason).

The game Yennefer is always right. Do you remember any moment when she failed?
The game Yennefer is always reasonable:
- Working for Emhyr? She realised that alone they can do nothing, and without Emhyr's people She and Geralt could never know that Ciri's back.
- Didn't tell Geralt about her wish for Djinn at once? She was afraid but really wanted to know does her feeling real or not. Who can call her selfish for it? It's real courage.
- Didn't say to the Witchers about The Trial of Grasses? She knew the possible reaction and had no time for calming down the witchers.
- Was rude in Kaer Morhen? Even Jaskier on her place could'd wanted to kill them all after the waste of week for nothing.

The game Yennefer always loves Geralt. Maybe she's not enough open but it's easy to read on her face. If you can not see it - ophthalmologist is helpless to fix.

You can kill me, call me a mad zealot but I don't see even a little reason for Geralt to prefer someone over her. I don't see even a little reason for Geralt to say: "I don't love you anymore".

:yawn:: How to say "No" to you?

: Do you really want it?
:smiling2:: No.

I tried to romance Triss in the 2nd playthrough just to find out how the inconsistensies are etc. but I couldn't do that :D :D :D I couldn't really say no to Yen...after so many years since I've read the books....I just couldn't stand to watch Yen's ingame model suffer....yeah!

So I've said goodbye to Triss for the 2nd time ...didn't feel bad about that at all!
:envy:-------------------->
+ :smiling2: = :heart:

I tried to romance Triss in the 2nd playthrough just to find out how the inconsistensies are etc. but I couldn't do that :D :D :D I couldn't really say no to Yen...after so many years since I've read the books....I just couldn't stand to watch Yen's ingame model suffer....yeah!

So I've said goodbye to Triss for the 2nd time ...didn't feel bad about that at all!
:envy:-------------------->
+ :smiling2: = :heart:

Finished the game few times myself, i only managed to refuse yenn once, and it made me very sad :(

@CatchTheBreeze, referring to the Trial of the Grasses, only Lambert would be the one to take a long time to sway, Eskel, Geralt and Vesemir would have kept an open mind, Geralt and Vesemir especially, due to their closeness with Ciri. Plus it seems like there's been at least a day between Lambert and Eskel's tasks and then the night when Vesemir takes Uma to fix him his way.

No reason why she shouldn't have cracked it to Lambert and Vesemir while Geralt and Eskel were out hunting the Forktail (Reverse order if you go with Lambert first, so Having to sway Eskel and Vesemir) and then that's half, and Geralt and Eskel/ Lambert listen to Vesemir, to a point with Lambert. There was a window of 2 days to break it to each Witcher, and she could've done it individually, taking the easiest to hardest (Geralt, Vesemir, Eskel, Lambert) and then using the witchers she'd swayed to sway the others. Would've taken all of about 1 hour.

---------- Updated at 04:39 AM ----------

I can understand her not being open, but she could've stood to talk to at the very least Geralt, and regarding the Last Wish quest, it's understandable, but again, not entirely reasonable, in fact it's not very brave or fair to crack it to Geralt at the top of a bloody mountain, where he has (possibly, judging by how Yen says a horse wouldn't have made it) no chance to make it down the mountain.

Still love her though.

Last edited:
@Wasaabii28 - can I please ask you to upload those hot "Unicorn" screenshots from 0nakita? Prosííím? I've noticed they are missing in your imgur links.

Thank you very much.

Edit: Also the Wake moments are missing

Hugs

Last edited:
referring to the Trial of the Grasses, only Lambert would be the one to take a long time to sway, Eskel, Geralt and Vesemir would have kept an open mind, Geralt and Vesemir especially, due to their closeness with Ciri. Plus it seems like there's been at least a day between Lambert and Eskel's tasks and then the night when Vesemir takes Uma to fix him his way.

No reason why she shouldn't have cracked it to Lambert and Vesemir while Geralt and Eskel were out hunting the Forktail (Reverse order if you go with Lambert first, so Having to sway Eskel and Vesemir) and then that's half, and Geralt and Eskel/ Lambert listen to Vesemir, to a point with Lambert. There was a window of 2 days to break it to each Witcher, and she could've done it individually, taking the easiest to hardest (Geralt, Vesemir, Eskel, Lambert) and then using the witchers she'd swayed to sway the others. Would've taken all of about 1 hour.

---------- Updated at 04:39 AM ----------

I can understand her not being open, but she could've stood to talk to at the very least Geralt, and regarding the Last Wish quest, it's understandable, but again, not entirely reasonable, in fact it's not very brave or fair to crack it to Geralt at the top of a bloody mountain, where he has (possibly, judging by how Yen says a horse wouldn't have made it) down the mountain.

Don't forget her personality.
1. With temper like she has it was like only the possible way. Lambert was mad about even the fact Vesemir still had table for mutations.
Vesemir agreed with her only when his own method failed. Eskel was not happy about it too: "It's a mistake".
So she said what she's going to do just in time. It would not have taken all of about 1 hour. That trial is pretty painful memory for the Witchers. They already had enough tension. Want more?

2. Djinn.
Almost 20 years of obsessive love. The best 20 years in Yennefer's life but she still has no idea what is it: spell or not.
Place yourself. Two possible ways: live in non-acquaintance or try to find the truth which can break your life.
I can imagine how it was destroying her inside. Also she didn't know...will Geralt agree? Or he will react "pfff...I'm fine with that" or "sorry, Yen, but I'm not gonna lose you"
So another reasonable action.

People just can't understand. She did it not to be free of Geralt. She did it to be sure that she can be with Geralt without a spell".

There are not conclusions by mad fanatic who sees everything in pink. There are efforts to understand Yennefer's behaviour.

Don't forget her personality.
2. Djinn.
Almost 20 years of obsessive love. The best 20 years in Yennefer's life but she still has no idea what is it: spell or not.
Place yourself. Two possible ways: live in non-acquaintance or try to find the truth which can break your life.
I can imagine how it was destroying her inside. Also she didn't know...will Geralt agree? Or he will react "pfff...I'm fine with that" or "sorry, Yen, but I'm not gonna lose you"
So another reasonable action.

People just can't understand. She did it not to be free of Geralt. She did it to be sure that she can be with Geralt without a spell".

There are not conclusions by mad fanatic who sees everything in pink. There are efforts to understand Yennefer's behaviour.

This is why I love my woman Yennefer like I love my coffee black.
(not sure if I phrased it right)
The reason she wanted to remove the spell is what strikes me that she is the perfect woman for Geralt.

ps: thank you @Kallelinski for the smilies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom