SOLVED after manually downloading 1.07 how best to proceed in GoG galaxy

+
after manually downloading 1.07 how best to proceed in GoG galaxy

I just manually downloaded 1.07, installed it, and installed the Ciri update, (all manually thought GoG website/browser)
and now GoG Galaxy does not recognize the I already have 1.07, and still tries to update to 1.07.
Problem is this:
at the moment GoG Galaxy thinks I have 1.06 installed. So it tries to download 1.07, but is is light years away from establishing a proper connection and ... well, lets say it stalls.
What will happen if in the near future Galaxy gets a proper connection?
Will it download the whole 2+GB again? Even worse, will GoG Galaxy download the whole game again if it can not determine my current status?
If yes, how can I prevent a huge download, short from kicking GoG Galaxy from my machine?
I am on restricted bandwidth here, and downloading 2+ GB "just for fun" (and Galaxy finding probably out that I already have it installed) is not an option.

Just bypass Galaxy until the servers sort themselves out.

Find your install folder, and just create a desktop shortcut to the witcher3.exe (found in bin\64).

Galaxy is a resource hog anyway, I find the game much more stable without it.

There is the more->manage->verify/repair option, that could help maybe
This would start a download of 800+ MB, which is bandwidth I gladly leave to other users at the moment.

---------- Updated at 09:26 PM ----------

Just bypass Galaxy until the servers sort themselves out.

Find your install folder, and just create a desktop shortcut to the witcher3.exe (found in bin\64).

Galaxy is a resource hog anyway, I find the game much more stable without it.
Thank you for the advise, I am very familiar with the OS and how to start a program or create a link.
For whatever reason (having so far ignored all of the available consoles and evil STEAM) I somehow like to see my achievements, which is only possible in GoG Galaxy.
I wonder if there's an INI file or registry entry I might be able to modify to rectify this issue.

Same issue here, galaxy fails to detect that my game is already at 1.07 and even if i let it update it keeps downloading and being stuck at 100%. So Something is messed up with galaxy atm. THis then affects the alternative look for ciri as we have to get it via gog rather than galaxy as galaxy tries to redownload 7.6 gb update and keeps failing to install the so called update.

So if anyone finds a way to make galaxy recognise that the game is already at 1.07 please do share as it will help out a lot of us.

Last edited:
Turned off auto updating ages ago. I can confirm that you can simply replace the folder with whatever version you want and gog galaxy will still clock the hours and your achievements etc doesn't matter what version you're running.

There's no harm in turning off auto updating, if you go to the backup and extras section where you get the dlc you can still download any future patches manually there.

I really hope cdpr can sort it out cause atm we cant even use galaxy to verify/repair the game since it keeps trying to install 1.07 and keeps failing at it. The damn client has probably downloaded 20 gb worth of the patch 1.07 and always gets stuck at 100% and keeps downloading.

Last edited:
I really hope cdpr can sort it out cause atm we cant even use galaxy to verify/repair the game since it keeps trying to install 1.07 and keeps failing at it. The damn client has probably downloaded 20 gb worth of the patch 1.07 and always gets stuck at 100% and keeps downloading.

If it stops at 22 gb or so its redownloading the entire game. Check the gog downloads folder for w3.

Hey if you stop it in time at least you have the choice of keeping 1.06 (if that version made you happy).

Brilliant!! tried repairing my game and gal;axy downgraded me to bloody 1.06 and now wants to update itself again. This has got to be the most messed up client ever made.

CDPR if you cannot get gog and galaxy to place nice say so, cause alot of us who downloaded the patch etc from gog are now getting screwed over by your own damn client.

Manual patching - game version 1.07.
Run game from .exe - game version 1.07.
Run game from Galaxy after manual patching results in additional 1.1 gb download.
Why? Because Galaxy version is 1.06.
A case of Galaxy tracking which version it knows is installed and disregarding any other type of install.

Another issue is games already installed (GOG) downloaded via GOG downloader.
Galaxy does not recognise them when choosing import folder.

Grabbing and installing the backup copy of TW3 rather than installing via disc or download means Galaxy will not recognise the install.

Last edited:
Manual patching - game version 1.07.
Run game from .exe - game version 1.07.
Run game from Galaxy after manual patching results in additional 1.1 gb download.
Why? Because Galaxy version is 1.06.
A case of Galaxy tracking which version it knows is installed and disregarding any other type of install.

Another issue is games already installed (GOG) downloaded via GOG downloader.
Galaxy does not recognise them when choosing import folder.

Grabbing and installing the backup copy of TW3 rather than installing via disc or download means Galaxy will not recognise the install.

This is completely messed up. It also doesn't help that trying to update via galaxy is a nightmare with its 7.6 gb update which keeps failing or corrupting its files etc.

Last edited:
Hey there,

my GOG client updated TW3 automatically and I am able to launch the game but I cannot turn on the two latest DLCs as the client says that my Game is not supported. Verifying the game does not help. Here's a screenshot and a video:

screen: http://take.ms/IX4Ez
video: http://take.ms/McFwt

Do you guys have any ideas about this one?

So anyone found a solution for this?

---------- Updated at 12:54 PM ----------

k trying to update it again with galaxy, if it fails im done with this client and think will go back to steam. When you have not so great internet and limited bandwidth steam seems a better option. Galaxy has been one nightmare after another as it regularly keeps corrupting its download.

i had this problem but finaly i found the solution:D
copy witcher folder to another place/drive then uninstall the game from galaxy then copy game back to its place and import it to galaxy
now galaxy realize the correct version

Top Bottom