Uma [All Spoilers]

+
Uma [All Spoilers]

Can I just say I absolutely loved the character of Uma. He was the cutest thing ever and I loved that we got to rescue him and bring him to Kaer Morhen.

However, I was really annoyed that in the glossary as well as in the game, he was constantly described in negative terms.

Also I know that it was only a curse but I thought the torturing scene went WAY TOO FAR! That was horrible! I really didn't like hurting him. There was no need for it. They could have done it a different way so that we got to keep Uma as a character in his own right as well as releasing the elf from the curse.

BRING BACK UMA!

They should add an alternate ending DLC in which Avallac'h opens the phylactery and curses Eredin to become an UMA and gives it to the Witchers as Kaer Morhen's court jester.

Last edited:
I have a question - I've been meaning to ask this for a while. To anyone who is playing the game in a language other than English.

Is he still called "Uma"? I keep seeing stuff that implies that Uma is an acronym for Ugliest Man Alive, as well as being the sound he makes. But that only works in English.

I have a question - I've been meaning to ask this for a while. To anyone who is playing the game in a language other than English.

Is he still called "Uma"? I keep seeing stuff that implies that Uma is an acronym for Ugliest Man Alive, as well as being the sound he makes. But that only works in English.

At least in brazilian portuguese he is still called Uma.

So do they come up with another acronym to replace Ugliest Man Alive, or do they just drop that? (I think the whole acronym thing was a bit silly anyway)
They translated "Ugliest Man Alive" so in brazilian it is "Homem Mais Feio", The acronym just doesn't match with Uma.

Well in the prologue after you rescue him it does say Ugliest Man Alive in capitals so I thought it was pretty obvious UMA was an acronym.

It's also just UMA in german. If they would have used it as an acronym they would needed to call him HLM, so I'm glad they kept Uma:)

No UMA romance option 0/10 :cirisad:

He is called Uma in the spanish version too.

Still Uma in Portuguese subtitles.

Uma means One (female) in Portuguese.

Top Bottom