Geralt Saga Prequel

+
Geralt Saga Prequel

The Witcher series is the best game ever. I am currently suffering from post game depression after spending 200+ hours on the Witcher 3. No matter what ending is chosen, the profound sense of loss that this game is ever is constant. That is MASTER CRAFTED storytelling. In TW3 alone the emotional roller coaster has left me in need of extreme therapy. I know this wraps up Geralt's saga; however, if any series would be in need of a prequel this would be it. The games refer to so much of Geralt's past there is a ton of content. Here are my suggestions:

1- Starts when Geralt is a child, taking the Trial of the Grasses and his Witcher training. Including such little things as the time he jumped off the balcony and broke his leg trying to get on the horse. Also, the trial of the Medallion, and the other early training that is alluded to in the games. We get to see his friendship with the other witchers grow, and we get to see how Vesemir trains everyone including all his sagely advice. It should probably include the fact Vesemir chooses not to train any more witchers because of the emotional toll it takes on him as he has to watch 7 out of ten boys die.

2- He meets and forges his friendships with ZOltan, Dandelion, and the sorceresses.

3- He gets to play out the Last Wish where he meets Yen and they become bound by his wish to the djinn.

4- He finds and trains Ciri

5- He does his time with the Wild Hunt and escapes the Red Riders.

6- He meets his fate with a pitchfork and Ciri leaves him and Yen on Avalon.

7- It ends with him losing his memory and finding his way back to Kaer Morhen exactly where the first cut scene of the original Witcher takes place.

Thank you for this wonderful game series. I need to go make a n appointment for some therapy now that this is over to help me deal with the depression that this game has caused. It has set the standard in RPG storytelling, and I can't believe it will ever be broken. This was epic.

This is the game I am referring to. I have read the Last Wish but not the others. Despite the unfounded sarcastic attack, I would love to play a prequel to the Geralt saga where it starts with him as I stated above. If you don't want to, that's fine, no need for you to come in with some attitude about it.

Although the games do change some things from the books you can't deny that the games are still based on the books. They are canon to the games (not the other way round btw.) and it would be definitely the wrong way if CDP just changed the whole lore etc. (at least that's what I think)

How would it be changing the lore? Everything I mentioned was actually mentioned in ALL THE GAMES? I just think it would be awesome to actually play them out in a prequel game. I imagine the Butcher of Blaviken would be an awesome quest.

This is the game I am referring to. I have read the Last Wish but not the others. Despite the unfounded sarcastic attack, I would love to play a prequel to the Geralt saga where it starts with him as I stated above. If you don't want to, that's fine, no need for you to come in with some attitude about it.

I was not sarcastic. It was an advice. All you asked for is in the books.
The other reason is that...is not possible to transform the book chapters into a game, because it would be a lot of cutscenes (a not a dialogues tree) and very little interactive parts.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the other gentleman and his remarks. And I disagree, it wouldn't be any harder creating a prequel based on what was said and referred to in the games any more than creating the 3 games was.

I would rather see Witcher 1 and 2 added into this game, redone, remastered, and improved. You start at level one doing Witcher 1, then by withcher 2 you are around level 15, and by the time the witcher 3 story starts you hit White Orchard at level 20 to 25

It's true, I am.

The original Witcher game was made in order to continue the amazing saga of Geralt and Ciri created by Andrzej Sapkowski. So basically, you /could/ consider the books a pre-quel to the games (if you read them after you play the games, of course).

Which is where we come in. If they would release Redkit already (fist shaking), we could start more, but as it stands I have almost an entire mod scripted out and we're looking at hiring voice actors. (We have a SPOT ON Ciri impersonator, and not too shabby a Geralt..) The first mod: "Blood of Elves" is going to be the first installment in a 5 part series that will bring all the books to life using the awesome engine we have available here. (And yes, I know Blood of Elves isn't the first book. The Last Wish is all short stories and all the short stories are going to be woven throughout the mods as they would make sense chronoligically.)

So if you'd like to join us, please just let me know! Help make your dream a reality!:glee:

If you need voice talent let me know, most of my days are spent behind the camera these days but I used to be in radio broadcasting back in the day. I can provide other support as needed as well.

Top Bottom