+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Redemyr

Though it kind of sucks that people can't do the same for triss.

Defending yenn's actions while condeming Triss' actions even though they were both misguided and only doing what they thought was right. In the end they both screwed up, so doesn't really make sense to forgive one but not the other.

My opinion though

I still remember when I was reading the books and came to that part. When Yen said, "Oh no, Triss. Never." I thought to myself, "Yeah no, I don't think I ever will either." It was a major turning point for me on my opinion of the characters. I still don't forgive her for that, honestly. She's changed a lot since then though and she's mostly been a good well intentioned friend. Don't treat her any differently than say Dandelion or Zoltan. A good friend that will always have that one thing I can't forgive her for.

Fair enough

I guess I do get it, knowing and not knowing mean something. I just saw it as a screw up she fixed I guess

Last edited:
A very human flaw, yes, but nothing that can't be forgiven.

She put Ciri (her beloved daughter :laughing:) in very-very dangerous situation, instead of depart with her. Her actions led for a lot of Ciri's trouble (Rats, Bonhart, Elfs, Vilgefortz). Because of this Geralt's team lost their lives helping find Ciri and Yenn. (Regis, Cahir, Milva, Angulema ). Yenn's actions didn't help avoid the Lodge. In the end - she brings Ciri to these mages. She even didn't cure Geralt with her useless magic. (Died and left Ciri alone :eredinfacepalm:)

Inexcusably :veryangry:

p.s. She could take Lodge side and with their help - protect Ciri, that will probably help to avoid deaths and pains. (Like she did with Emhyr in TW3. And she asked Lodge for help, too).

p.p.s. Triss - better :innocent:

Yen and Tissaia tried to avoided the conflict. They didn't want the mages to kill and fight each other. But yes, they failed. Better fail trying than being an asshat from the beginning, don't ya think?
Mages loyal to Glorious Redania and its future colonies are less eternal flame worthy than traitors loyal to Nilfgaard, I suppose. So the slaughtering of filthy mage traitor heathens, by filthy loyal mage heathens is entirely acceptable and the filthy neutral mage heathens shouldn't have interfered.

Last edited:
She put Ciri (her beloved daughter :laughing:) in very-very dangerous situation, instead of depart with her. Her actions led for a lot of Ciri's trouble (Rats, Bonhart, Elfs, Vilgefortz). Because of this Geralt's team lost their lives helping find Ciri and Yenn. (Regis, Cahir, Milva, Angulema ). Yenn's actions didn't help avoid the Lodge. In the end - she brings Ciri to these mages. She even didn't cure Geralt with her useless magic. (Died and left Ciri alone :eredinfacepalm:)

Inexcusably :veryangry:

p.s. She could take Lodge side and with their help - protect Ciri, that will probably help to avoid deaths and pains. (Like she did with Emhyr in TW3. And she asked Lodge for help, too).

p.p.s. Triss - better :innocent:
I am agreed that a lot of Ciri troubles was because Yenn took her to a mages summit. She acted like teenager by listening Tissiai and put Ciri in a big-big danger. It was foolish to show Ciri to all that mages and of course to Vilgefortz, she should protect Ciri and not show her to everyone, to show her powers.

And Triss was foolish with not trusting her friend Yen, and let her go alone and not protected to Vilgefortz hideout. She was foolish to trust Philippa and let Philippa keep her in a short leash.

They both acted sometimes like teenagers and very foolish, no one from them is better or worst. I love them both, Triss more. ;)

Last edited:
I am agreed that a lot of Ciri troubles was because Yenn took her to a mages summit. She acted like teenager by listening Tissiai and put Ciri in a big-big danger. It was foolish to show Ciri to all that mages and of course to Vilgefortz, she should protect Ciri and not show her to everyone, to show her powers.

And Triss was foolish with not trusting her friend Yen, and let her go alone and not protected to Vilgefortz hideout. She was foolish to trust Philippa and let Philippa keep her in a short leash.

They both acted sometimes like teenagers and very foolish, no one from them is better or worst. I love them both, Triss more. ;)

Exactly, though I'm a bit more 50/50. I played the game four times! :D Twice with Triss and twice with Yen, always feeling extremely sad for having to let one go. ;( ;(
And I plan to play the game twice more until the first expansion comes. :p After NG+ with Yen and after Triss fixes with Triss ;)

---------- Updated at 08:32 AM ----------

I still remember when I was reading the books and came to that part. When Yen said, "Oh no, Triss. Never." I thought to myself, "Yeah no, I don't think I ever will either." It was a major turning point for me on my opinion of the characters. I still don't forgive her for that, honestly. She's changed a lot since then though and she's mostly been a good well intentioned friend. Don't treat her any differently than say Dandelion or Zoltan. A good friend that will always have that one thing I can't forgive her for.

I never actually took it as mistake, she was doing what she thought was right. :p

---------- Updated at 08:33 AM ----------

In your dreams perhaps.

I can't even take your comment seriously...I hope it is a joke.

What makes you think its a joke? Its an opinion just like yours. :p

---------- Updated at 08:35 AM ----------

Well there are people who choose Triss and they THINK she is a better option than Yen.... (not in a dream :whistle:)

And yeah, sound like comment from HaveFun90 is a joke :lol:

I really dont know why you people think he's joking :/ His opinion is just as serious as your's. :p

I never actually took it as mistake, she was doing what she thought was right. :p

Then she regret it right afterward, so for me she made a mistake for not helping Yen. Also she admit her fault to Yen too (eventhough in a "not good" circumstances :whistle:). She is kind of redeem herself in the end of the book, so let talk about her mistake in the games shall we, wait she over it too, well in W3 she is near perfect :facepalm:

I really dont know why you people think he's joking :/ His opinion is just as serious as your's. :p

The way he wrote maybe ???

Last edited:
Then she regret it right afterward, so for me she made a mistake for not helping Yen. Also she admit her fault to Yen too (eventhough in a "not good" circumstances :whistle:). She is kind of redeem herself in the end of the book, so let talk about her mistake in the games shall we, wait she over it too, well in W3 she is near perfect :facepalm:

The way he wrote maybe ???

Haha, for real or joking now? :D

He wrote it in a serious way IMHO. :p

Haha, for real or joking now? :D

He wrote it in a serious way IMHO. :p

Sorry, he was serious. So i think this part is true:

She put Ciri (her beloved daughter :laughing:) in very-very dangerous situation, instead of depart with her. Her actions led for a lot of Ciri's trouble (Rats, Bonhart, Elfs, Vilgefortz). Because of this Geralt's team lost their lives helping find Ciri and Yenn. (Regis, Cahir, Milva, Angulema ). Yenn's actions didn't help avoid the Lodge. In the end - she brings Ciri to these mages. She even didn't cure Geralt with her useless magic. (Died and left Ciri alone)

In the last book, Yen should think about her daughter and not put all of her magic into the death spell......like Triss managed to stay calm eventhough she wonder why her voice is so calm

Sorry, he was serious. So i think this part is true:

In the last book, Yen should think about her daughter and not put all of her magic into the death spell......like Triss managed to stay calm eventhough she wonder why her voice is so calm

Yea, that last part is BS. She didnt cure him tho, thats true. :p

Yea, that last part is BS. She didnt cure him tho, thats true. :p

:hmm: the part that strikethough is BS, nope it is what i read, or me eye have deceived me..... She manage to say calm because she don't know what to do at this time. The situation is hopeless, she is shocked by this....Yen too, though they react differently

Yeah, rational thinking while love of your life is dying... Yeah Triss stayed calm and watched Yen dies, props to her

Read my next comment ;)

So what do you think she should do ? Push all her power to heal Geralt then die too, well she is more realistic than Yen at this point. And btw, Yen should think about her daughter, not gave away her life just like that

Read my next comment ;)

So what do you think she should do ? Push all her power to heal Geralt then die too, well she is more realistic than Yen at this point. And btw.

Nothing else than what author wrote, speculations won't change anything. I'm just shocked you are giving props to her for staying calm, indeed, great deed.

Yen should think about her daughter, not gave away her life just like that

I'll repeat again, Geralt was dying at the moment, she surely had her mind focused on Ciri XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom