Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@saladin1701

You talk like she played a part in the first two games, plus I don't recall there ever being emphasis on player choice.

^sarcasm for the sake of sarcasm

CDPR already gave their reason. And even as a triss fan, I would welcome fixes or additional dialogue for most of the characters. Especially if they are lacking. I wouldn't mind seeing more yen content or appearances of beloved characters in DLC. Especially since it is the final journey for geralt.

I responded to you because I agree with you but I just felt like adding a few of my own thoughts

I may have misunderstood part of this but should fixes be limited only to DLC? Having finished the game, I no longer enjoy the game. I've stopped playing it because for me, playing an RPG is more about the story than it will ever be about the gameplay - that's not to say gameplay is not important, just of secondary importance. The reason I no longer enjoy The Witcher 3 is because the writing is so bad. It's confused, full of plot holes, full of inconsistencies, ignores my choices from other games and forces me down paths I would never have taken. It annoys me how the game forces me in to a romance I have no interest in, how some characters suddenly and inexplicably act out of character like another writer took over and decided to change their personality. I'm a Triss fan but I've never viewed the problems with her romance
in isolation and have always wanted the entirety of the issues fixing.

That being said, threads like this one, threads such as the Yen thread show just how great this trilogy has been. What other franchise has not just main characters but support characters that have resonated so much with their player base? Not even Bioware's Mass Effect characters have this level of dedication to them. People are complaining about the writing not to be critical but because they genuinely care about these characters and this game and they want it to fulfil its enormous potential. If they fix the issues with the writing they will have created a masterpiece of gaming and one that shows how gaming has grown up. Fix this game and show other developers and especially publishers, how to make modern, interesting RPGs because if they do fix it, there's nothing in the market currently that will come close.

Poor Geralt. Throughout the saga he really experienced internal drama, because he really loved only Triss and wanted to be with her, but by this cold bitch Yennefer he could not do that. He often wanted to confess love Triss, but he was afraid that when Yennefer finds out, she will turn him into a frog. Then there's that damn last wish ... One of the most tragic events in his life was the moment when they met together after a few years in Hirundum. Geralt then realized that he would never be with Triss and again hooked up with Yennefer only because of Ciri and the tragic last wish. Then, on Thanedd he had to confess her love, because she probably had forced him to do so through magic, but when he spoke the words "I love you, Yen," in his heart he cried and thought about Triss.

I'm sorry, I could not resist. :smile:

True words

---------- Updated at 12:55 PM ----------

I may have misunderstood part of this but should fixes be limited only to DLC? Having finished the game, I no longer enjoy the game. I've stopped playing it because for me, playing an RPG is more about the story than it will ever be about the gameplay - that's not to say gameplay is not important, just of secondary importance. The reason I no longer enjoy The Witcher 3 is because the writing is so bad. It's confused, full of plot holes, full of inconsistencies, ignores my choices from other games and forces me down paths I would never have taken. It annoys me how the game forces me in to a romance I have no interest in, how some characters suddenly and inexplicably act out of character like another writer took over and decided to change their personality. I'm a Triss fan but I've never viewed the problems with her romance
in isolation and have always wanted the entirety of the issues fixing.

That being said, threads like this one, threads such as the Yen thread show just how great this trilogy has been. What other franchise has not just main characters but support characters that have resonated so much with their player base? Not even Bioware's Mass Effect characters have this level of dedication to them. People are complaining about the writing not to be critical but because they genuinely care about these characters and this game and they want it to fulfil its enormous potential. If they fix the issues with the writing they will have created a masterpiece of gaming and one that shows how gaming has grown up. Fix this game and show other developers and especially publishers, how to make modern, interesting RPGs because if they do fix it, there's nothing in the market currently that will come close.

No I agree with you and that's why I said that if they decided to fix things with yen, I would be fine, though I didn't actually say it in those words. Like just being a fan of Tris doesn't mean that I don't want to see other characters get their inconsistencies fixed. Is what I was saying to that part

The part I added about the DLC was just that I would not mind seeing the characters again in a DLC ( or expansion would probably be a better word to use ). as an example, I wouldn't mind seeing something like what bioware did with the Citadel DLC considering its Geralts final journey. Not that those fixes should be limited to it, I was just talking about that as an add on

Edit: I have been responding on my phone so I suppose I haven't been doing a good job of spacing out my points

True words

---------- Updated at 12:55 PM ----------

No I agree with you and that's why I said that if they decided to fix things with yen, I would be fine, though I didn't actually say it in those words. Like just being a fan of Tris doesn't mean that I don't want to see other characters get their inconsistencies fixed. Is what I was saying to that part

The part I added about the DLC was just that I would not mind seeing the characters again in a DLC ( or expansion would probably be a better word to use ). as an example, I wouldn't mind seeing something like what bioware did with the Citadel DLC considering its Geralts final journey. Not that those fixes should be limited to it, I was just talking about that as an add on

Edit: I have been responding on my phone so I suppose I haven't been doing a good job of spacing out my points

The main characters such as Triss, Yen and Ciri I'd like to figure in the expansions but rather than Iorveth and Saskia I'd rather see new people who haven't figured in the games before. Characters who could be part of a fourth game should there ever be one. Seeing as how if you rescue Triss, you are forced to kill Saskia in her dragon form, reintroducing her in this game through an expansion would simply exacerbate the issues with forcing the player down a path they never took in the last game. One of the reasons I so strongly object to Philippa being part of the Sun stone quest is that Geralt would be fuming about being forced to kill Saskia except the game completly ignores the Iorveth path.

Both main romances would be well served being extended in to at least the second expansion and having that much called for third expansion, the so-called 'Kovir' expansion would be a great opportunity to finally wrap Geralt's desire to settle down. Having something that threatens that, one final adventure before he can finally find peace with the woman he loves (assuming you don't play Geralt as the perpetual bachelor).

Poor Geralt. Throughout the saga he really experienced internal drama, because he really loved only Triss Roach and wanted to be with her, but by this cold bitch Yennefer he could not do that. He often wanted to confess love TrissRoach, but he was afraid that when Yennefer finds out, she will turn him into a frog. Then there's that damn last wish ... One of the most tragic events in his life was the moment when they met together after a few years in Hirundum. Geralt then realized that he would never be with Triss Roach and again hooked up with Yennefer only because of Ciri and the tragic last wish. Then, on Thanedd he had to confess her love, because she probably had forced him to do so through magic, but when he spoke the words "I love you, Yen," in his heart he cried and thought about TrissRoach.

I'm sorry, I could not resist. :smile:

Fixed. :p

According this post from polish forum:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39652-SPOILER-Triss-Merigold?p=1875652&viewfull=1#post1875652

Support today wrote that the changes related to the Triss update will not be introduced earlier than in October. We can only wait

" Such changes are unlikely to be introduced earlier than in October of this year, although I am not able to give you the exact release date of these changes . "
Thank You for Your post, I'm not waiting fixes would be earlier than December, I know good content need time, lot of time.

@saladin1701

Agreed
though that's what I meant when I said beloved characters. The ones that were close to him and the players I guess, as for Saskia and iorveth, I wouldn't be opposed to an appearance if they had to do with the players choices ( continuity and all that ) Although didn't you have the option to spare the Dragon?

And I don't doubt there's going to be another game I just know its not going to have Geralt as the lead so I wouldn't mind a expansion like what people have been suggesting that involves the current characters considering they probably won't be a part of the next one if there is one.

Getting kinda off topic though. Whether triss, yenn or alone, it would be nice to have a final adventure as you said

Last edited:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39652-SPOILER-Triss-Merigold?p=1875652&viewfull=1#post1875652

Support today wrote that the changes related to the Triss update will not be introduced earlier than in October. We can only wait

" Such changes are unlikely to be introduced earlier than in October of this year, although I am not able to give you the exact release date of these changes . "

Still can't believe they are actually gonna work on that... Cannot imagine how much that would cost, bringing all voice actors for Triss back... unless she is gonna be in the expansion(yay). Either way it is awesome

@Premchand

Whether or not someone likes the character; it is nice to see they care enough to do it.

And I doubt they'll charge for it, by the sounds of it they're not going to but if they do I'm just going to complain while I pay for it lol

@Premchand

Whether or not someone likes the character; it is nice to see they care enough to do it.

And I doubt they'll charge for it, by the sounds of it they're not going to but if they do I'm just going to complain while I pay for it lol

Complain ?? Why ?? Shut up and take all of my money

Still can't believe they are actually gonna work on that... Cannot imagine how much that would cost, bringing all voice actors for Triss back... unless she is gonna be in the expansion(yay). Either way it is awesome

They promise to fix it, eventhough as small as possible tweak. This is the reason this topic is so "calm" compare to the old one :devil:

Last edited:

Nice to get a rough timescale for the fixes. I didn't expect them before October anyway, so anything by the end of the year would be wonderful in my book.

Actually I doubt cost comes in to it. The actors are probably paid on a contract to record for the main game and all DLC including expansions and additional content/updates. The reason for October is probably because of scheduling. I imagine they're due to come in and record for the expansions anyway so recording additional content for the existing game is simply killing two birds with one stone.

As for the time for the fixes to be available...my patience goes all the way until next year before, during or even soon after the second expansion hehe more than that, then I'd be very very impatient. :)

Actually I doubt cost comes in to it. The actors are probably paid on a contract to record for the main game and all DLC including expansions and additional content/updates. The reason for October is probably because of scheduling. I imagine they're due to come in and record for the expansions anyway so recording additional content for the existing game is simply killing two birds with one stone.

I hope its gonna be more then just some line changes though. My expectations are probably way to high :D

The upcoming expansions are already huge, but without a doubt i can already say i want more(Triss :) ) and would happily pay more for it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom