The Berserkers o' Skellige ~ Any extra information on them?

+
The Berserkers o' Skellige ~ Any extra information on them?

During the Skellige section of the game, as I am sure you'll all know, you find out that the legends of certain Skelligers being Lycanthropes who change into Bears when in a furious rage are true ~ My question is if there is any Sapkowski written information about them in a lore context?
Assuming they even exist in the original material
~ or if not the best place to look more into this subject? Fan or offical, I think I found a book on them knocking around somewhere, but it wasn't a particularly amazing read..

I want to know more about the Skelligers, the Skellige section of the game was giving me some serious Wind Waker vibes and I am completely, head over heels in love with the whole of the isles.

~Craite forever!

Last edited:
I don't believe there's anything in the books about them, but if you side with Hjalmar you can learn a lot more about how they work.

Hmm.. Might need investigating, however I couldn't side with Hjalmar, Just didn't think enough, Cerys is the better ruler.

Guess I will have to just dig around a little more, I really like the Scottish-Viking hybrid of the Skelligers, the cultures mash together to make a really cool and interesting people ~ Celtic myself and I am super into Celt culture.

Hmm.. Might need investigating, however I couldn't side with Hjalmar, Just didn't think enough, Cerys is the better ruler.

Guess I will have to just dig around a little more, I really like the Scottish-Viking hybrid of the Skelligers, the cultures mash together to make a really cool and interesting people ~ Celtic myself and I am super into Celt culture.

Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRSkASxICYw

I'd definitely recommend watching the video, or playing through it and just not keeping it as canon. The two parts of the investigate complement each other nicely, and it does tell you quite a lot more about berserkers as envisaged by CDPR.

I'd definitely recommend watching the video, or playing through it and just not keeping it as canon. The two parts of the investigate complement each other nicely, and it does tell you quite a lot more about berserkers as envisaged by CDPR.

Interesting, it was a nice watch, but i'd still rather see the guilty party get their dues and Cerys on the throne.

Shame they keep it so mysterious, but thats in line with pretty much everything else in the Witcher's universe ahaha.

~The little bit of extra info was nice though.

Scottish Vikings with an Irish accent. I suppose they couldn't give them the scottish accent as apparently all we Scots are wee Stout and short red headed folk. In other words...dwarves.

Scottish Vikings with an Irish accent. I suppose they couldn't give them the scottish accent as apparently all we Scots are wee Stout and short red headed folk. In other words...dwarves.

Cornish myself, fellow Celt q:

I think it was just some Pseudo-Celtic accent regardless.

Our stereotype is similar down here, just with black/brown hair with a horrid country accent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom