The unfulfilled love between Yennefer and Ciri and an incomplete family

+
I want to see some real good Ciri and Yen moments, personally i love cutscenes that don't include Geralt. I understand that he is the main character and for a players perspective it is strange, but i love seeing the characters just genuinely chat. Personally i want more of these kind of cutscenes with Ciri and Yen, they really do deserve it and to be honest i could careless about the combat sections that much XD

Im really hoping in the new DLC's that we see alot of story and not just killing after killing for 10 hours, although can someone tell me when the DLC's are supposed to take place in accordance to the main storyline?

Wouldn't get my hopes up. The leaked dialogue rather indicate that none of them will appear in the dlc.

Oh wow, i didn't read the dialogue. If that's the impression it gives, well... Sad.

Does someone here also thinks Toussaint would be a nice place for this?

@xemerson I also want to know that.

I seriously doubt that either Yen or Ciri will appear in any of the Expansions.These two are very strongly tied to the plot.Unless the Expansions take place in a very specific point in the game(which would be a weird choice) I'm afraid there's little to no chance of their appearance :cry:

I seriously doubt that either Yen or Ciri will appear in any of the Expansions.These two are very strongly tied to the plot.Unless the Expansions take place in a very specific point in the game(which would be a weird choice) I'm afraid there's little to no chance of their appearance :cry:

Maybe they're completely separate adventures that have no real tie to the main storyline. Though i don't know how people would react to that. Don't even know if i would like that. But it surely gives them freedom to do a lot of things.

And for that Toussaint seems much better.

I honestly don't believe this will ever be addressed. Several simple reasons, you play from Geralt's perspective so Yen\Ciri would be off screen or one of those easily missed minor ambient dialogues, not anything that impacts most peoples opinion a whole lot. The only people that considering this content missing are people that have read the books and attach actual importance to it (I for one don't care either way, having read the books, it's still clear enough that Yen\Ciri is more then Triss\Ciri for example).Within the context of just the game it's fine, only when you bring in the books will you see the "issue". It's not like the Triss\Geralt romance or general story in act 3 where everyone can see there are issues, not just people that read the books.

tldr; It's only a issue to some book readers and they are a minority.

Good. Give me Shani, Fringilla, Ana Henrietta & Dandy in expansions...

If they intend to "fix" Yenn-Blinky relationship, it should be separate patch or something...Like with romances...

I almost forgot about Fringilla, haha. I'll be really pissed if she's not there. Dandelion (Zoltan too?) is also someone who needs some love regarding dialogue and, well, being Dandelion.

But i still wish for Yenn and Ciri to be there!

Good. Give me Shani, Fringilla, Ana Henrietta & Dandy in expansions...

If they intend to "fix" Yenn-Blinky relationship, it should be separate patch or something...Like with romances...

I agree that would be the best.I don't want Blinky to steal the screentime from Fringilla awesome characters :D

Gimme Regis,Cahir,Dandy and Milva and ill be happy XD

Shame that's impossible :'(

And bring back Aplegatt the royal messenger guy, he was awesome

Last edited:
Gimme Regis,Cahir,Dandy and Milva and ill be happy XD

Shame that's impossible :'(

Nothing is impossible! It's non canon, they can just revive them! Also, let me romance Milva, I loved her in the books, totally expected something to happen between her and Geralt. :p

It's just my perception, but I could imagine that the first expansion will be probably just one long big quest. Maybe with additional information about characters like The Wild Hunt, maybe, just a guess. We will meet Shani finally and the Man of Glass, well, could be interesting at least, but not so for the main story or other side characters.

The 2nd expansion, well, we don't know much about it, except that it will be quite far away to be honest. Toussaint is not exactly around the corner from where you are in Witcher 3, it's actually quite a trip to it, like at least 1-2 months, unless you teleport ;)

I could imagine that the 2nd expansion will stand on his own legs and will have nothing to do with the actually story, pretty much a stand-alone-expansion.
So, yeah, you are right, it would be quite a nice opportunity to add there things that would stand out elsewhere, like, I don't know Ciri and Yennefer shopping?
They would also have a lot of time to add anything to it.

Also a Toussaint without Fringilla would be boring :)

I honestly don't believe this will ever be addressed. Several simple reasons, you play from Geralt's perspective so Yen\Ciri would be off screen or one of those easily missed minor ambient dialogues, not anything that impacts most peoples opinion a whole lot. The only people that considering this content missing are people that have read the books and attach actual importance to it (I for one don't care either way, having read the books, it's still clear enough that Yen\Ciri is more then Triss\Ciri for example).Within the context of just the game it's fine, only when you bring in the books will you see the "issue". It's not like the Triss\Geralt romance or general story in act 3 where everyone can see there are issues, not just people that read the books.

tldr; It's only a issue to some book readers and they are a minority.

But the fact that there are almost no scenes between Ciri and Yen is not the only issue.Ciri constantly distrusts and dismisses Yennefer throughout the game.Ciri says that Yen "has plans for her"(she even puts her in the line with Emhyr and the Lodge),in the Empress ending she says "I prefer if Yennefer doesn't get involved".After her talk with the Lodge Yen asks Ciri how she fells and Ciri replies "I don't want to talk about it".Ciri is unnecessary cold and distrustful to Yen.

Last edited:
Im just gonna hope Regis isnt dead, just regenerating and now he is back for some reason, oh and everyone like Milva and that lot appear out of nowhere. Zoltan turns up brings some real Toussaint wine, every character that was awesome just sit in a room and chill for 10 hours worth of gameplay XD

:wisegirl:

Geralt and Yennefer are looking for her daughter, both show the same commitment for it, yet only one gets the prize for it.

They could easily show and explain the relationship between Geralt and Ciri with several quests, so even if the player didn't even know Ciri before this game, the player could understand what those two connect, but they were unable to do the same for Yennefer and Ciri? Or even for those three together? Why?

Guest 3842753

But the fact that there are almost no scenes between Ciri and Yen is not the only issue.Ciri constantly distrusts and dismisses Yennfer throughout the game.Ciri says that Yen "has plans for her"(she even puts her in the line with Emhyr and the Lodge),in the Empress ending she says "I prefer if Yennefer doesn't get involved".After her talk with the Lodge Yen asks Ciri how she fells and Ciri replies "I don't want to talk about it".Ciri is unnecessary cold and distrustful to Yen.

Any clues as to why Ciri takes on this attitude which seems very OOC? I'm just trying to understand what the writers were thinking. I don't think they were intentionally trying to sabotage the Yen-Ciri connection so it must be something that's not obvious.

Hard to say with so few information. I could imagine that they wanted to elucidate it, but there was no more time to do it, even though I don't understand why they would do that.

Yennefer's original plan was that Ciri learns to deal with her magical abilities for obvious reasons, so she wanted to enlist Ciri at Aretuza, but that would mean she was suppose to be alone there, as neither Geralt and Yennefer could be always around.

She would learn how to control her magical abilities and be more or less save from outer forces like Nilfgaard or the Wild Hunt, but Ciri didn't want that and fate had other plans for her. Though it was the best decision, she had to learn to deal with her magical abilities and this school would have been the best place for that.

Aside from that I fail to understand what plans Ciri exactly means. She can't possibly mean the Lara Dorren genetics experiments, because that doesn't make any sense, since those experiments were scrapped long ago and while sorcerers were involved in it, as far I as know Yennefer wasn't. That they arranged political marriages, sure, that happens all the time, but the experiments as such were given up long ago.

Unless Avallac'h had something to do with that...he was the only one traveling with her the whole time and who knows what he told her.

Yennefer also suggests that Ciri should meet Emhyr at least once, which seems reasonable to me. She is an adult now and should make her own decisions, yet she asks Geralt what she should do, so Yen's "cooperation" with Emhyr doesn't seem to be that worrying for her, if she has no problems to meet him, when Geralt says she should.

Top Bottom