[Spoiler] Following the Thread: Kill or Spare Karadin?

+
Following the Thread: Kill or Spare Karadin?
I'm curious what option did you guys choose and why?

All evidences seems to point out Jad Karadin has changed. However, his remorse seems fishy and fake, and yet there is no way to prove it. Conversation with Lambert pointing out he trades in "live goods", hinting slaves trade. He knew someone was hunting him down so he sent a fake letter to Hammond to keep it. But a guy like Hammond could've told the truth before you kill him. And the last event, where Geralt and Lambert visit him. He brought his wife and kids there. Again, the whole situation seems fake and set-up, it is more like a hostage situation where those people were slaves. I chose to kill him but let Lambert do it (didn't use my sword.)

I just let lambert have is way and killed him he lost a friend and lambert had only one thing on his mind i dident see any clues if he did or did not feel remorse witchers are so hard to read :p .

I had him killed. Assassin and slave trader that killed one of his own school over a "debt collection." That's a mighty big NOPE.

I don't really know if he was faking his repentance or not, but he's a plague on humanity and a stain on the Witchers. Not worth keeping alive.

Something struck me as odd doing this quest (the second time...)

- why does Geralt know that Karadin still has connections to Hammond when talking to Lambert back in Novigrad after killing Hammond. I found the letter, stating Karadin has stopped contact with Hammond. Could be fake, but how does Geralt know so certainly ? I didn't find any evidence of that...

- 1st time I spared Selyse (or something like that... the elven woman in the inn). The 2nd time i played this quest, I let Lambert decide what to do with Selyse, which did result in a fight, killing her. But when talking to Lambert after Skellige, i still got the dialog option "What of Selyse ?", and the answer was something like "Well, you weren't there this time, standing up for her" ... :hmm:

So this did give me the impression that, maybe, something is a little strange with that quest ? Like not remembering the decisions you make / the letters / evidence you find ? It just feels a little strange... :)

EDIT: Also, why is there no option of confronting Karadin with his alleged selling of slaves still going on ? All dialog options is about his past and killing Aiden...

Note: This is a highly specific criticism, but I still wanted to point it out (If there is anything to point to... Maybe it's just me :) ) All in all, love the game

Last edited:
Something struck me as odd doing this quest (the second time...)

- why does Geralt know that Karadin still has connections to Hammond when talking to Lambert back in Novigrad after killing Hammond. I found the letter, stating Karadin has stopped contact with Hammond. Could be fake, but how does Geralt know so certainly ? I didn't find any evidence of that...

- 1st time I spared Selyse (or something like that... the elven woman in the inn). The 2nd time i played this quest, I let Lambert decide what to do with Selyse, which did result in a fight, killing her. But when talking to Lambert after Skellige, i still got the dialog option "What of Selyse ?", and the answer was something like "Well, you weren't there this time, standing up for her" ... :hmm:

So this did give me the impression that, maybe, something is a little strange with that quest ? Like not remembering the decisions you make / the letters / evidence you find ? It just feels a little strange... :)

EDIT: Also, why is there no option of confronting Karadin with his alleged selling of slaves still going on ? All dialog options is about his past and killing Aiden...

Note: This is a highly specific criticism, but I still wanted to point it out (If there is anything to point to... Maybe it's just me :) ) All in all, love the game

Selyse is the woman who's supposed to be in Tretogor, Lambert kills her regardless. The one you can choose to spare in the Seven Cats Inn is Vienne.

Anyway I let Lambert kill Karadin. Felt it wasn't my place to rob him of his vengeance.

Selyse is the woman who's supposed to be in Tretogor, Lambert kills her regardless. The one you can choose to spare in the Seven Cats Inn is Vienne.

Anyway I let Lambert kill Karadin. Felt it wasn't my place to rob him of his vengeance.

Right you are ! Mixed up Selyse and Vienne. Makes much more sense now, thanks :)

Lambert tells you that Karadin is running a slave trading ring.

Lambert will tell me anything to kill Karadin. But OK, considering above, I just might trust him.

But... !
why does Geralt sound so certain, when he claims Karadin has still ties to Karadin ? Is there any proof I have missed ?

I also found that really strange since you find a letter from Karadin saying he is cutting any ties with Hammond...

Personally i let Karadin live: first there is not enough evidence to support Lambert's claims, second Lambert is a hothead and not a really good judge of character and, latter implies they(Hammond and Karadin) don't do business anymore.
There is also the problem witchers aren't really good at showing emotional outbursts so it's hard to read Karadin true feelings.

ps: I also let the elf woman live, since she is no danger to anyone except herself (her liver)...

Last edited:
I also found that really strange since you find a letter from Karadin saying he is cutting any ties with Hammond...

Personally i let Karadin live: first there is not enough evidence to support Lambert's claims, second Lambert is a hothead and not a really good judge of character and, latter implies they(Hammond and Karadin) don't do business anymore.
There is also the problem witchers aren't really good at showing emotional outbursts so it's hard to read Karadin true feelings.

ps: I also let the elf woman live, since she is no danger to anyone except herself (her liver)...

I did too but she said unkind things and attacked me the next time I was in that area.

KILL HIM, when you tell lambert to kill Karadin, he says "I've been waiting a long time for this" obviously he doesn't like lambert and wants to kill him as well.

Hmmmm........I feel like I should let him live. It seems like he's trying to turn over a new leaf. Although he could just be trying to hide out and amass a fortune, since Witchers live longer than normal humans. Any word about consequences down the line? Any game changing effects of a particular decision on this mission?

Last edited:
Karadin killed another witcher. That was his first and most serious treachery.

When Geralt and Lambert arrives at his house they are greated by two guards. They are expected. Go on in.
Inside Karadin has set up the scene. How human and ordinary he is, having a wife and children. Karadin prepared for their arrival.

What a nice person. Hard to kill such a devoted man?

I let Lambert kill him on sight. Slimy bastard.

I let him go the first time I played the game, but on the next playthrough I held off Following the Thread until after I'd done the Slave Trade quest. After seeing what was happening in Skellige, there's no way I'd believe that Karadin was a reformed character.

I let him go the first time I played the game, but on the next playthrough I held off Following the Thread until after I'd done the Slave Trade quest. After seeing what was happening in Skellige, there's no way I'd believe that Karadin was a reformed character.

Exactly. Psychopatism is never cured.

I was gonna let him go but then I figured I'd have to deal with Lambert crying over it, I can't stand to see a grown Witcher cry.

Regardless of your choice to spare or kill Karadin, are there any consequences? I mean I didn't see any so in the end, having spared him or not was all the same to me

Karadin's lying! Karadin said Vienne got nervous and killed Aiden by mistake- We know that Vienne 'was' one of the best sharpshooters around and a Scoia'tael veteran... She just didn't get nervous or miss shots at THAT time. Since she is the only one left, Karadin tries to discredit her. If the writers overlooked this, then they were clumsy, but I think not. Karadin lied! He deserves to die! Anyway, if he is "spared", then what's the point of this whole quest!? Loosing a friend? Not happening!

Top Bottom