TW2 Arena Videos&Tactics

+
TW2 Arena Videos&Tactics

This topic would be a nice place to put your videos of the Arena matches, as well discuss tactics involved in fights.

I just uploaded the video of first two fights on Dark Mode. Nothing special, my first upload btw but it is in HD, watch in 1080p ;p

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amx5OkuYiBU&hd=1[/media]

Im intending to film a prolonged clip featuring fights in the Arena and how to deal with them in dark mode. So if moderators allow the topic, lets see some cool vids and tactics of how u deal with various opponents in the Arena.

Like Geralt tells the guy trying to slay a manticore...adapt. I kinda feel sorry for that guy. He's never gonna get married because CDPR didn't make a manticore model for the Arena =O

I humbly request tactics against the scoia'tael on Dark (right after the nekkers). Those bastards always instant-rape me even with Quen up. I've helplessly tried Samum, and Aarding the archers down the cliff. Not working so far. What do.

vermeer said:
I humbly request tactics against the scoia'tael on Dark (right after the nekkers). Those bastards always instant-rape me even with Quen up. I've helplessly tried Samum, and Aarding the archers down the cliff. Not working so far. What do.

U shouldn't use Quen for fighting the Scoiatel. Since there whirlwinds do multiply dmg. 1 gets ur quen down the others in the chain finishes ur arse, plus ur Vigor doesn't regenerate and thats a must here.

Use Quen at start, stand at a place, making u behind 1 of the archers, very quick, use Axii sign on melee scoiatel. Excluding them from the fight go and dispose of the archers, hit them 2-3 times with hard strokes and try to trow them off the Arena. Scoiatel are vulnerable only when attacked from the back, so yrden would prove best near the edge of the arena and then ard to trow them off. There are many ways to finish it. I just tried to go very fast true it. Made it, but check my hp rofl...

It seems there is a random placement of the archers. Mine were in totally opposite places. I made a few mistakes but got it done.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iolVjDi54&hd=1[/media]

I have finished this match a lot of times without loosing HP but u can't be always at ur best when recording :)

Lol, i don't understand why my video has looped and showed the fight twice. YouTube screwed up xD

Arena doesn't work for us, steam users...
I think I will just delete mah steam version and use GOG one instead because this is starting to really piss me off.

Ooh, very nice! Many thanks, I'll try to emulate that. Can't wait for me being murdered by the endriags xD.

Megakoresh said:
Arena doesn't work for us, steam users...
I think I will just delete mah steam version and use GOG one instead because this is starting to really piss me off.

It's working for me, the only thing not working is posting the scores!

Here's a video of my first two tries in the Arena after updating to 2.0 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOK7_fwmFe4

Actually it does work. very badly at that. Maybe it's my PC (I have around 40 average FPS) but I need to press LMB around 10 times for witcher to actually attack and same with every control. Also Arena is the most imbalanced game mode I have ever seen. Using a trainer I got through the first 5-7 waves on Dark mode. Then turned trainer off and without any help, new equipment or ANYTHING EASILY sliced through the next 4 waves without loosing health simply because I was upgraded. Absolutely awful balance.
Also the Score posting doesn't work. I tried with mods or without, nothing. So as always, you have work to do, CDP. But I'll be patient.

Fight 10 - Dark Mode - Elite Kingslayer & Kingslayer :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xxb352TQQc&hd=1[/media]

Arena mode is very fun, but im not a competitive guy, so i'm done :p

I whish CDPR add on line coop for this mode, would be awesome to play other characters (Such as Triss, Iorveth, Roche...and why not, even Saskia!) but i think i'm asking too much :p

Good luck warriors ! (This remember me the guy who says - "GO MAXIMUS, GO...I'MEAN, WITCHÁ!" hahaha)

Oh and my tip: Don't forget to use axii, helps a lot in some situation's. Also if you have the patience continue fighting, even if you die until you get to round 30, you can learn a lot doing that.

@Costin very nice. I see your sometimes lazy as me, i always could have used something but in many cases i don't, that stuff either gets my companion killed or me itself xD

Also i see your meditating to put talent points. U don't need to. Just press C and u will be able to allocate points.

Concerning the potions. I would...

not advise white raffards decoction since it downs ur dmg output.
not advise Tiara or Vigra early on. When ur low on armor at start those +20% to armor of Virga actually adds 1 armor. Later on it is very very recommended tu use Vigra, a must by me...(not sure if i spelled that potion right, vigra or virga... xD
Rook + Tawny oil + Vigra is my true mid Arena pots config. Later on i would plan huge dmg output (thnuderbolt) Best defense is good offence :)

Also would choose only trophies that add to dmg (nekker, wraith, troll)
Would prioritize bigger dmg swords as rewards rather than more armor. ( depends on the rewards, one time on just a 8-9 fight i could take kayran carpace armor as a reward. So would take it in that particular case.
Would only chose power mutagens as a reward.

I agree that adrianna is the best companion. Her Quen can absorb few hits, she can avoid by teleporting, incinerate opponents as well as disorient them with lightning.

About swallow rly...by my side not recommended. Since the point of the fight is such a tactic where ur being hit mby once or twice. In dark mode what ever regen u have its just not enough if ur overwhelmed by enemies. I don't want running around in the arena (waiting to regen) while i lose my bonus points. Would rather add armor and vigor regen than swallow which is of no use if u screw up and get attacked from behind or receive 2-3 hits.

CostinMoroianu said:
Hmm thanks for that.

For not needing to meditate ?

The rest are just tips for players, not necessarily told to you if u understand , didn't mean to offend you if that was the case ? Peace...or i just interpreted ur post badly :)

Edit: anyway here is one more vid i got on my YT

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3k8apRruBY&hd=1[/media]

They need to add the option to immediately restart arena when you die without going through Main Menu and listening to those dialogues again.

Arena mode is fantastic and really addictive. Though only in dark mode, you can rack up easier points in easy but its much more boring

Electrocide said:
@Costin very nice. I see your sometimes lazy as me, i always could have used something but in many cases i don't, that stuff either gets my companion killed or me itself xD

Also i see your meditating to put talent points. U don't need to. Just press C and u will be able to allocate points.

Concerning the potions. I would...

not advise white raffards decoction since it downs ur dmg output.
not advise Tiara or Vigra early on. When ur low on armor at start those +20% to armor of Virga actually adds 1 armor. Later on it is very very recommended tu use Vigra, a must by me...(not sure if i spelled that potion right, vigra or virga... xD
Rook + Tawny oil + Vigra is my true mid Arena pots config. Later on i would plan huge dmg output (thnuderbolt) Best defense is good offence :)

Also would choose only trophies that add to dmg (nekker, wraith, troll)
Would prioritize bigger dmg swords as rewards rather than more armor. ( depends on the rewards, one time on just a 8-9 fight i could take kayran carpace armor as a reward. So would take it in that particular case.
Would only chose power mutagens as a reward.

I agree that adrianna is the best companion. Her Quen can absorb few hits, she can avoid by teleporting, incinerate opponents as well as disorient them with lightning.

About swallow rly...by my side not recommended. Since the point of the fight is such a tactic where ur being hit mby once or twice. In dark mode what ever regen u have its just not enough if ur overwhelmed by enemies. I don't want running around in the arena (waiting to regen) while i lose my bonus points. Would rather add armor and vigor regen than swallow which is of no use if u screw up and get attacked from behind or receive 2-3 hits.

White Raffard + Rook can be useful to not get one shotted by everything in the first few stages of dark mode.

It is even more powerful if you get the potion upgrades since it almost doubles your health.

People really underestimate the defending capabilities of White Raffard. Its one of my favorite potions.

Top Bottom