Positioning NPC in a dialoge

+
Positioning NPC in a dialoge

Hey everyone!
Got a question: is there a way to place NPC the way I want if none of the existing scene dialogsets is not suitable for the situation? Maybe it's possible to create your own scene dialogset? In "Starting Condition" tab in scene editor I wrote a tag of actionpoint/waypoint for each NPC to stand on. But they don't actually stand there. Thank for your help.

Don't wanna create a new thread, so just type my message here.
I saw that Iorweth in a dialoge with Rishon is standing with his hands tied, but I didn't find out how does this work. It seems, it's not a behaviour or animation event in a scene script file. Or this event is available for using only for Iorweth... anyway I need my elf woman to stand just like he does. Any clues?

The problem is that even if we found out how they did it for Iorveth, it would not work for the elven woman (or would look horrible), since they are using a different kind of skeleton. :/

A "dirty" possiblity would be to spawn a clone of her with the "hands tied behind the back"-AP that exists (I know it exists for men, not sure about women since I don't have Redkit right now. You might have to look into the jobtree) and then always focus her in the camera when you want the whole body to show and focus on the "dialogue version" when the head/mimics want to do something.
It is not perfect, but if you do it cleverly, players won't notice. :)

LOL, no :)
I've just returned to that problem.
But now I wanna to make a man characters to stand as he is imprisoned. So figuring out how it was done in Iorweth case would be much help.
Similar stuff is used in dialoge with Gridley (act 1, quest madhouse). He is sitting cowered while Geralt talks with him, but there no such a pose in behavior list of the dialoge.
I even tried to change the default animation for NPC (it was ex_idle1, I changed it to work_convict) but nothing happened. It seems dialoges have another default animtaion.

Benzen, I did just as you said one time, but in that case character didn't have to talk. Now he have to, so he must actually participating in the dialoge.

Then spawn to of them and when he is talking, show the head of the "dialogue version" that you spawn a bit more far away and if you want to have a general view, only show him in shackles. That's the best solution I can give you if there is no "shackles" animation in dialogue. :/

I've found a solution: to use a pose which is not available in the scene editor, you shoukd you Behaviour controller (Quest Editor). It overrides the pose from the scene so you can make you NPC standing like he is imprisoned or whatever you want. It gets even more useful when you have skills in creating your own behavior graphs.

Top Bottom