The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
HalkHoganPL;n9563291 said:
Hello!

I finished Reworking Sheep. As Skellige is a very cold place, I decided to give them more wool. Now they will be warmer. :)

The next animal in the queue is a Ram. :)

It's rocks textures from texarray, I plan to reworked them (and all other textures from texarrays) in future. ;)
:nice:​

Hi Halk Hogan,I see that in you mod bricks and wood have shimmering,the textures vibrate when you move. I know that CreatorGreg fixed it in his Oaks mods,maybe you can ask him how to fix it.

FrankPredator7;n9564781 said:
Hi Halk Hogan,I see that in you mod bricks and wood have shimmering,the textures vibrate when you move. I know that CreatorGreg fixed it in his Oaks mods,maybe you can ask him how to fix it.
What? I've never seen anything like this in my game. Can you show some video? And are you sure that you didn't change anything with mipmaps in rendering files and you have enabled AA? Also maybe you have too high sharpening.

HalkHoganPL;n9564901 said:
What? I've never seen anything like this in my game. Can you show some video? And are you sure that you didn't change anything with mipmaps in rendering files and you have enabled AA? Also maybe you have too high sharpening.

Sorry I don´t know how to record in good quality.But for example you can see the problem in this place: https://imgur.com/a/khOn0
Test by yourself the place with your mod and without it and you will see the wood textures vibrate.
PD:I don´t have any sharpness

FrankPredator7;n9565081 said:
Sorry I don´t know how to record in good quality.But for example you can see the problem in this place: https://imgur.com/a/khOn0
Test by yourself the place with your mod and without it and you will see the wood textures vibrate.
PD:I don´t have any sharpness
Yeah, after a close look I noticed some texture shimmering, also with vanilla textures but it's caused by negative textures mipbias.
However, I found a simple solution to this problem: go to all config files ("rendering" files from bin/config/base and bin/config/r4game/user_config_matrix/pc and user.settings from My Documents/The Witcher 3) and change "TextureMipBias" from -1 to 0. Also for better textures quality I recommended to force high quality and x16 Anisotropy Filtering in NVIDIA Control Panel for witcher3.exe (and the same for AMD GPUs).
After this, textures will no longer be shimmering and everything will be smooth and beautiful. ;)

:cheers3:

Last edited:
HalkHoganPL;n9565291 said:
Yeah, after a close look I noticed some texture shimmering, also with vanilla textures but it's caused by negative textures mipbias.
However, I found a simple solution to this problem: go to all config files ("rendering" files from bin/config/base and bin/config/r4game/user_config_matrix/pc and user.settings from My Documents/The Witcher 3) and change "TextureMipBias" from -1 to 0. Also for better textures quality I recommended to force high quality and x16 Anisotropy Filtering in NVIDIA Control Panel for witcher3.exe (and the same for AMD GPUs).
After this, textures will no longer be shimmering and everything will be smooth and beautiful. ;)

Thanks for you help dude! I hope you all the best :)

HalkHoganPL;n9565291 said:

I've put my TextureMipBias to 0 and now the ingame texture quality is set to "low" (it was on "Ultra" before), will that mess up 4k textures from the mod or is it okay ?

HalkHoganPL , I finally managed to get a shot of those pesky little flowers I mentioned a while back: Flowers.jpg

They appear surprisingly often -- in different sizes -- especially in Skellige. (They almost look like a rather blurry edelweiss to me.)

Just tried this mod and have a problem. Most of the graphic look amazing. Massive improvements.
this is the only mod I'm using. Running 1080Ti not overclocked system. Everything set on max. I also tried to disable hairworks but no effect. Please see screenshot. My problem is with buildings and roofs.
Game version 1.22.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
FichoZG
No need to worry about that! When you change something in the files directly the menu will say your graphics are on low. Don't worry, they're still actually on the settings you originally chose (ultra in your case).

@HalkHoganPL

In the newest version of the mod I've spotted some strange things. You have done scrolls and books - it looks amazing - but in some spots the old models are still present (on the shelf in Avallac'h's lab for instance).

I also would like to a point at poor quality of wall texture in Avallac'h's lab.

Nearby at desk:

But walls still are horrible.

Guest 3841499

Is it OK for us to make suggestions about which textures we would like to replace?

I would also like to thank Halk Hogan again for making such great textures that are both detailed and do not cause performance degradation. At least one Novigrad texture pack I downloaded decreased my FPS from 45-50 to 30-35 in Novigrad. I doubt anything like that will happen from this texture pack.

FYI, if anyone wants to experiment with improving texture quality, try the following:
- Sharpness=1 (Weak/Low)
- TextureMipBias=-0.4 (or even lower if you resolution above 1080p)
- CinematicModeMipBias=-0.4 (add this to Rendering.ini in Base folder)
- Compensate for negative MipBias shimmering and for Sharpness making far-away objects seem closer (by outlining them) through ReShade 3.0.8 FXAA, quality 39, Sub-Pixel AA set to whatever works best for you (0.330 works for me)

With combination above, based on my opinion, I've reached the best texture quality I could for my 1080p displays - sharp defined textures, no aliasing increase due to FXAA + SubP AA, and no sharpness-caused "object-closeness" effect due to FXAA + SubP AA.

Top Bottom