The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
Well, as I said it is not finished. I will make the wool brighter, but I like it that way. I will make it a little bit brighter to not scare anyone off ^^ Unfortunately I can't show more at this time, but I will keep working on it ;)

Hmm I definitely agree here. The face is much, much better, but the way the cracks in the wool work make it looks more like stone if that makes sense. Anyhow, GregorWladacz, maybe worthwile making your own thread for this stuff? Could be a good way of showing progress and getting insights and opinions from others!

HalkHoganPL;n9548391 said:
Buildings now will have more deeper appearance - deeper holes, more visible cracks, wall imperfections etc. Of course with better quality.

[/CENTER]

Looks good, but in my opinion minimal too much convex?
In original, building looks more like plaster was coated evenly, but departed in some places.
http://dougsinclairsarchives.com/gooch/stoven wall.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eMOKuFkhr...hqQs/s1600/Verona+Juliets+Balcony+closeup.jpg

Also in my opinion space between bricks/stones in walls are too much deep.​

str1111;n9551631 said:
Looks good, but in my opinion minimal too much convex?
In original, building looks more like plaster was coated evenly, but departed in some places.
http://dougsinclairsarchives.com/gooch/stoven wall.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eMOKuFkhr...hqQs/s1600/Verona+Juliets+Balcony+closeup.jpg

Also in my opinion space between bricks/stones in walls are too much deep.

I get what you mean, but you have to remember that these buildings are in the poor district of Novigrad. Upkeep and general construction probably is quite poor here. Makes sense to me that the buildings will look a little shoddy.

Really love your work Hulk, but if I may provide a bit of constructive criticism, your use of bump mapping especially on bricks and other architecture can be a little too much. On the curved brick wall for example, vanilla aesthetic looks a lot better. Your version starts to make the bricks look too polished and bumpy. Same with the plastered walls on the building - too bumpy.
In my humble opinion, it would be so much better to keep to the vanilla height/bump mapping (except where improvements are really needed such as natural rock formations and wood) while improving on the diffuse maps as you do.

GregorWladacz;n9550031 said:
Well, I'm basically working on the fauna ;) https://imgur.com/a/SBc8k
Sheep are basically done, need some tweaking though. I'm planing to re-do the crows, dogs, cows, pigs, deer and maybe chicken.

No offense, but your sheep's wool look more like wet stone. Not sure it is an improvement. Also, your "textures" appear to be superimposed on the vanilla image....rather suspect if you ask me.

Dubya75;n9552761 said:
No offense, but your sheep's wool look more like wet stone. Not sure it is an improvement. Also, your "textures" appear to be superimposed on the vanilla image....rather suspect if you ask me.

Like I said, it is work in progress. The wool was an experiment, and it appears now more soft then before. Thanks that you put your statement concering the textures is quotation marks and stating it as non offensive ;) What do you mean by that? My "texture" is completely new. All I do is using the color from the vanilla texture. What do you mean with superimposed and suspect?

Dubya75;n9552771 said:
I think your game is broken.

Nah
These rocks look just like the game's premiere. I remember because every time I walked there and I saw how it looks eagerly. This place is located just above the cave in Novigrad where we find a cat's school gear.

Jurek1994;n9552791 said:
Nah
These rocks look just like the game's premiere. I remember because every time I walked there and I saw how it looks eagerly. This place is located just above the cave in Novigrad where we find a cat's school gear.

Never seen that, definitely has to be broken.

GregorWladacz;n9552781 said:
Like I said, it is work in progress. The wool was an experiment, and it appears now more soft then before. Thanks that you put your statement concering the textures is quotation marks and stating it as non offensive ;) What do you mean by that? My "texture" is completely new. All I do is using the color from the vanilla texture. What do you mean with superimposed and suspect?

Criticism-wise I say the face also needs work. It looks a little on the dead and demonic side right now. Can't really pin down why though.
Seriously though, make a thread for this, before the mods come and crack us down for being off-topic.

admjnsn93;n9552821 said:
Are you sure you set mod priority to 0? I'm using HDRP since version 3 and I didn't saw anything like that.

I don't have any conflict since WLM 8.0 to betterfx only. But none to HDRP.

Jurek1994;n9553091 said:
I don't have any conflict since WLM 8.0 to betterfx only. But none to HDRP.

I wasn't talking about conflicts. Quoting from Halk's mod page:

1. Go to "C:\Users\[user_name]\Documents\The Witcher 3\" and create file "mods.settings"
2. Open this file (in a text editor) and paste there:
[modHDReworkedProject]
Enabled=1
Priority=0

[mod_OtherModName]
Enabled=1
Priority=(from 1 to 9999 - lower number means higher priority, eg.: 5 before
8)

This should've solved your texture problem. At least it did for me :/

Hello again guys!
First of all: thank you for all comments, opinions or suggestions. :)

Regarding too much deep stones, bricks etc. - I like them, but yes, normal maps are slightly too strong and they will be a bit weakened. ;)

As for Sheep - I already have early Reworked WIP. Some screenshots:

The final result should be much better. :)

Cheers :yawn:

Top Bottom