- very high quality detailed textures with great sharpness and performance, without any unnecessary VRAM losses (no unnecessary big textures for small stuff)
- very high quality accurate normal maps, a lot of them is baked from high poly meshes, these normals combined with detail normalmaps giving amazing look with almost any performance hit!
- high quality meshes with a lot of details, a lot of them are created from scratch, good optimization is preserved
- better objects LODs ( Level of Detail), rendering distance of some objects are slightly increased
- specially customized materials for all reworked stuff
- everything consistent with the original CDPR artistic vision
- almost everything, starting with Environment - Terrain, Buildings, Rocks, Water, Vegetation, ending at NPCs and Animals
It mainly depends on your video card, but generally modification doesn't hit performance too much. Modification requires minimum a 3GB VRAM for smooth gameplay. For best results 4GB is recommended.
Possible decrease in fps are 0-5 which depend on pc spec, game settings and ingame location.
On GTX 970/AMD R9 290X and higher there should be no fps drop.
Also in some cases, modification can give smoother gameplay.
Just install mod according to the installer's steps, be sure to enter the correct path to your Witcher 3 Main Folder.
Explanation of installator components:
* Main HDRP files: Required core files of HD Reworked Project (Part 1 and Part 2)
* Halk's Ultra HD Config: (GUIDE: Click Here!) Highly recommended to achieve best quality and game look. Thanks to this configuration general quality of textures will be better (better sharpness, no flickering/shimmering, better smoothness) and game will can render 4K textures (instead of 2K). Also in some cases game can work smoother and faster by increased textures budget. Note: If you have ##preset_value_Halk Ultra HD instead of Halk Ultra HD in graphic settings - install Custom Localization Fix (It's not an important matter, but if it bothers you, it's easy to fix it).
* Priority settings for HDRP: Choose it, if you have several textures mods. This mod requires the highest priority among textures/meshes mods, this will avoid of any errors and glitches. So if you are using other texture/meshes mods, it's good to choose this option..
Just use two uninstallers which is located in your Witcher 3 Main Folder.
If you installed HDRP manually, to uninstall go to your Witcher 3 Main Folder/mods and delete folder "modHDReworkedProject", "modHDReworkedProject2" and optionally (if you installed Halk's Ultra HD Config) restore original game config from your Witcher 3 Main Folder/Config backup.
Modification is compatible with all lighting mods (STLM, WLM and other).