1.5 Ongoing Bugs List - [1.52]

+
PC:

So far I can say that the Monk quest is still bugged: if you do it non-lethally but dump any of the bodies in a trunk (there is one right outside the "exit" door) it will still treat it as if you killed them.

The Jotaro quest also treats you as having killed him even if you knock him out. Not sure if that's intended if you shoot up the place, but given that the target himself is alive I'd still consider that a bug.

Additionally ran into Jackie's motorcycle just standing in the middle of the street after getting the Flathead. Was unable to be interacted with, but was still affecting traffic.

EDIT: well just tried it another two times. Got him *definitely* alive but knocked out. Still considered dead in mission debrief...

Yep since day one.
Dump in any container = killed.
(If I remember someone have reported it and receive an answer from the support : Work as intended. So maybe not a bug...)
I recall discussion regarding that from previous bugs thread and I recall how it was pondered if that reply happened due to support person not understanding the issue.

I would file this as bug via - Unable progress job/quest - > contact us as it would be totally counter intuitive design if hiding bodies in containers would count towards failing an objective. It's IMO very important to note here, that those who play game for the first time don't have any clue or warning about that hiding bodies in containers would fail the objective, so I don't think this is intended as that would mean design for job would be unintuive/bugged but rather something gone awry in internal communications to coding team.

I recall discussion regarding that from previous bugs thread and I recall how it was pondered if that reply happened due to support person not understanding the issue.

I would file this as bug via - Unable progress job/quest - > contact us as it would be totally counter intuitive design if hiding bodies in containers would count towards failing an objective. It's IMO very important to note here, that those who play game for the first time don't have any clue or warning about that hiding bodies in containers would fail the objective, so I don't think this is intended as that would mean design for job would be unintuive/bugged but rather something gone awry in internal communications to coding team.
Maybe, but it seem that (way) too easy to fix (and above all, very hard to not notice it by simply playing the game "in stealth", one time). Honeslty, I have a hard time to think that if it's really a bug, it still persist in the game, after all the patches (it seem to me that it "simply require" something like : knockout bodies dump in container not count as killed). Or it's a "known bug" but still on the bottom of the "to-do" list since more than a year.
Anyway, in both case, it require to be reported, bug or not (if it's not a bug, there is a lack of explanation in the game) :)

Maybe, but it seem that (way) too easy to fix (and above all, very hard to not notice it by simply playing the game "in stealth", one time). Honeslty, I have a hard time to think that if it's really a bug, it still persist in the game, after all the patches (it seem to me that it "simply require" something like : knockout bodies dump in container not count as killed). Or it's a "known bug" but still on the bottom of the "to-do" list since more than a year.
Anyway, in both case, it require to be reported, bug or not (if it's not a bug, there is a lack of explanation in the game) :)
Think there's some confusion going on. The "dump in containers" issue is with the "modified" Monk quest, the mooks there are all "normal" Maelstrom goons.

Jotaro, in an entirely different mission, doesn't get dumped in a container (as far as I can tell, you can't even dump his body in a container at all), just clubbed unconscious, but he still counts as dead in mission debrief. If everything works as intended V has to bring him to a car and dump him in the trunk.
Just to clarify: I made very sure he's actually unconscious and not dead.

Two different missions, two different issues.

Think there's some confusion going on. The "dump in containers" issue is with the "modified" Monk quest, the mooks there are all "normal" Maelstrom goons.

Jotaro, in an entirely different mission, doesn't get dumped in a container (as far as I can tell, you can't even dump his body in a container at all), just clubbed unconscious, but he still counts as dead in mission debrief (otherwise you have to bring him to car and dump in trunk)

Two different missions, two different issues.
Maybe it was fix in a patch for important "targets", but on my very first playthrough in December after the release, I had put Jotaro in a container (by mistake and "an unfortunate miss-click") and I had to reload a previous save to complete the "pacific" way (deliver him to the Moxs), because he was considered as dead.
And surprisingly, in the Clouds, if you put all the Tygers cointainers/fridges, they are not considered as dead during the dialogue with Maiko.
If you put a single Militech dude in the camp in a container, he's considered as dead and the optional objective fail.
So there is no confusion, sometimes the game consider as dead, sometimes alive.

Anyway, I agree it's annoying (especially in the militech camp), but it's a bug/something who is here since the release and discussed many times on the forum... (almost after every patch). Or as you can see, currently, it's still there, nothing has changed. So for now, I do with it and those who are bothered with this feature, can report it to the support (I did it one time a long while ago).

This is important. Way these things work must be consistent. That's the most important point and maybe even worth a its own ticket. Game's way to [insert feature] isn't consistent causing [issue].
In fact it's the "only" reason why I had considered it "as a bug" at the beginning (and report it to the support) after my first playthrought. During the entire game it's consistent, always (whatever the quest, GIG,...) when you put a KO corpse (so alive) in a container (dumpster/fridge/...), the corpse is directly considered as dead. The only exception is during Automatic Love where Tygers are not (by refering to the dialogue with Maiko after, during Ex-Factor).
If I remember, I received an answer like "Thanks for the report, we're looking into it". I didn't push more far and since, I do with that.

In fact it's the "only" reason why I had considered it "as a bug" at the beginning (and report it to the support) after my first playthrought. During the entire game it's consistent, always (whatever the quest, GIG,...) when you put a KO corpse (so alive) in a container (dumpster/fridge/...), the corpse is directly considered as dead. The only exception is during Automatic Love where Tygers are not (by refering to the dialogue with Maiko after, during Ex-Factor).
If I remember, I received an answer like "Thanks for the report, we're looking into it". I didn't push more far and since, I do with that.
Yeah and that's reflecting towards things like issue @theBlackDragon and BTW me way back, are experiencing. They have on code level mechanic that does or does not enable status NPC killed and I'm pretty damn sure that not being able to hide bodies in containers is not intended by guest designers at all.

I'd imagine the problem with Jotaro wouldn't be that he'd be considered dead necessarily, if put in a container, but that you have to be able to deliver him to the Fixer's car, which you can't if you stuff him in a container.

I'd imagine the problem with Jotaro wouldn't be that he'd be considered dead necessarily, if put in a container, but that you have to be able to deliver him to the Fixer's car, which you can't if you stuff him in a container.
Indeed, the problem would be if he was considered as "alive".
The objective would stay "Deliver Jotaro to the car". Something that you couldn't do, because there is no way to retrieve the corpse after put it in a container.

Sex worker supported by thin air. Cars that don't move anymore once they reach a traffic light/intersection. And two others that I don't know if they are bugs but street bars without waiters but customers eating and civilians siting and smoking inside police cordons.
The map menu slowdowns have returned for me after changing the graphics options again, probably due to ray tracing.

Attachments

• photomode_20022022_213059.png
    photomode_20022022_213059.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Missing bad guys and gals from the streets in many locations. Where have they all gone??? The shootouts with police too wtf?. Night city is so tame now I hope this is not intentional and dumbed down for the so called next gen update.

Attachments

• mising bads.png
    mising bads.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 47
It was ironic, but to reach the heist, even by doing anything other than main quest, it require few hours.
So maybe skip all the "tuto" intro and start in V apartment after the Rescue should be more conceivable.
The "tuto" intro only really ends after The Heist. There is the Braindance thing to find the construct, for which you gotta do the whole Evelyn club thing. It's ALWAYS the same tedious thing after you've done it a couple of times. Only really after the Heist you are truly "free" to choose what path you wanna take towards an ending. Until then it's everything on rails you already know what's going to happen, the same thing, over and over every time.
The Witcher 3 does a much better job at letting the player skip forward to new content.

Last edited:
Clone bug is still there. Seems similar to 1.3 version but I didn't play much of that version: it doesn't act out all the time but when it does it's everywhere, vehicles and npcs. Npcs in small groups will usually have clones and on the whole screen and other areas if you keep walking only spawn these same 3 or 4 versions everywhere. Happens many times in key scenes (Lizzie's bar when meeting Evelyn, tried reloading didn't fix - by the way I had come to Lizzie's before that mission and it wasn't ocurring.

Same here, instant flatline. Previous version worked fine.
I verify/repair but game won't launch.

Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX3080
Driver 511.65
Windows 11 21h2

me the same Windows 10 21h2 32 Gigas of ram gtx 1060 6gb and finally i7-11700K does not start the game check 3 times and nothing we are a total ruin and on top of that I bought the game and on top of that more failure but if you are going to improve please give it a push more performance one more push and also fix the failure and error

I have a very annoying problem with the new SKIP TIME interface.
The sound used in it doesn't go away after skipping time, it's a disturbing noise and the only way to get rid of it is to exit to Windows.
Does anyone have the same issue?

Top Bottom