1.7 getting real close?

+
Marketing could take months, heck they could say Fall '23 for the release and that technically gives them until November. 1.7 is free, I'll install it but likely not get to it in earnest until Winter. And I'm definitely waiting out first patch reviews of PL. The hype around initial reviews is just too untrustworthy - too many folks wanting to be first on the block with a stream, etc. Let's hear a good solid grounded review even I get spoiled for it.

^this

highly doubtful it will drop in july. curious why people still think its a summer release...

There was some Polish podcast that has had members of CDPR on before (so it is confirmed they have sourced inside of the studio) - so they seem somewhat credible. They are saying Phantom Liberty will be out in June or July.

Now that might be completely wrong. But I think that is why a lot of people are convinced about that date... along with every month after July looking like it is packed with releases and CDPR having been in the 'final stage of development' (whatever that means, haha) since late last year.

^this

highly doubtful it will drop in july. curious why people still think its a summer release...
Because CDPR aren't tamping down on these 'rumors'. They've been quick to squash even reasonable assumptions from journalists and even posts on Reddit. It's also the ideal time to release as they've got virtually no media competition during this window in a year packed with new games.

Because CDPR aren't tamping down on these 'rumors'. They've been quick to squash even reasonable assumptions from journalists and even posts on Reddit. It's also the ideal time to release as they've got virtually no media competition during this window in a year packed with new games.
And they have said no to the Sony one. The release window was your typical, "we don't comment on rumor or speculation."

It seems that Reddit is very important to CDPR as a place of opinions and rumors, even more than its own Forum :coolstory:

I noticed that about Bethesda as well. Mr. Tod has even made jokes about reading stuff on reddit about their games and has never said anything about reading their own forums.

I noticed that about Bethesda as well. Mr. Tod has even made jokes about reading stuff on reddit about their games and has never said anything about reading their own forums.
Forums are a captive audience, even the people who seemingly don't/won't give the credit where credit is due. You don't have to do much to ensure you'll make a sell to people who are thirsty for your wares. As much as any one or more members at CDPR may want their 'fans' to be happy with the product, they have to sell to a wider audience especially when you spend so much on a game.

It's also why some of the worst aspects of the game will never be changed officially as well.

Has anything been mentioned about NG+? I've seen over on Reddit, someone asked and another person replied saying CDPR said it won't be coming because it's "too hard to balance" but when asked for proof, no proof could be given.

It’s also important to note that due to the Perk Points Available and Received Base Game, plus the finite number of Attribute Points to spend, there’s really nowhere for character progression to go. Yes, technically you can just dump a near infinite number of Perk Points into the level 20 Capstone Perks, but it should be obvious that the returns for doing such absolutely suck compared to what could be done in the Witcher 3. At the end of things, I doubt you’d be further along than 1/4th of a New Game before you’d maxed out Attributes and Perks, which further defeats the purpose of Builds.

Tbh they could just do the lazy way of NG+ and cap you at level 50 scale up mobs to max level from the start and just have you replay the game again. Yea kinda pointless i know but it would not be as hard to balance as adding more levels and possibly expanding the talent trees/loot. Im hoping for 1.7/PL too add some more interesting talents or a separate skill tree or something since i find the current one pretty boring tbh.. Very few interesting talents that really change something instead of being a flat % dmg increase with whatever or similar. Witcher 3 added runewords and mutations in the expansions.. Im hoping for something similar tbh.

I would be lying if I say that I have not put a smile on my face reading this message. The time has come to recover the space that CDPR has lost these two and a half years.

I hope it is a good job, there is little left, wanting to know more. :sad: :cry:

Top Bottom