2020 Police sirens a part of background noise

+
When your exploring Night City, you will hear once in a while the familar sound of todays police sirens driving down a road in the distance. The problem is that no emergency services in 2077 world use sirens that sound like this.

There is also the fact that there are 0 police cars driving around or chasing people

Please get rid of that from the background sounds, now Ive noticed it I can't stop noticing it :p

Yes the siren of actual police car is completely different from the environmental sound's one, which gives the impression of a discrepancy. But it's highly doubtful Devs will fix it because there're too many bugs and production is too sketchy even PC version.

How do you know they won't be using those types of siren in 2020, are you Nostradamus or a time traveller? In any case what does it matter and do you expect them to just make up a random ass siren sound that people might not register as a siren because they might not use sirens like that in 2077? It's not even set in the same world as ours for one and secondly if you want to talk about sounds not being era appropriate, it's very unlikely that the music of 2077 is going to be comprised of generic pop shit, synthwave, trap and some light industrial EDM. That is certainly a much bigger discretion than cop sirens.

How do you know they won't be using those types of siren in 2020, are you Nostradamus or a time traveller? In any case what does it matter and do you expect them to just make up a random ass siren sound that people might not register as a siren because they might not use sirens like that in 2077? It's not even set in the same world as ours for one and secondly if you want to talk about sounds not being era appropriate, it's very unlikely that the music of 2077 is going to be comprised of generic pop shit, synthwave, trap and some light industrial EDM. That is certainly a much bigger discretion than cop sirens.

I'm not sure what you are saying but it seems to that you are missing the point.
The argument is they should unify the sirens either of police car's one(actually appear in the game) or environmental sound's one.

I'm not sure what you are saying but it seems to that you are missing the point.
The argument is they should unify the sirens either of police car's one(actually appear in the game) or environmental sound's one.
That may be your point, but it's certainly not the point of the person who created the thread.

You do know you can get into a police car and turn the sirens on right? They sound totally different

That may be your point, but it's certainly not the point of the person who created the thread.

Yes that certainly was my point.

The siren of cop cars in Cyberpunk 2077 sounds awful. Why the hell CDPR put a ridiculous siren sound in police cars ? They are cringe and stupid. I wish there was a mod to replace it.

The sound of a police car, fire engine, and ambulance has remained almost unchanged in the US for the last 50 years or so. The delivery systems have evolved from analog klaxons to electronic ones, so they are capable of issuing the now familiar "quick-hoots" or "burst of static honks". Nice, as it's not always a big enough emergency to warrant running the sirens at full blast and forcing people down the road to pull over.

When each vehicle runs the full siren, though, they're pretty distinctive in most places, allowing drivers to tell what sort of vehicle is coming. Fire response is most distinctive, with a deep, drawn wail, often accented by the regular horn being hit every 10 seconds or so. Police and ambulance sound kind of the same, but the ambulance will tend to remain for longer durations on a single, steady sound, while police will modulate all over the place.

Differences between the states are pretty minimal. Plus, they don't want to intruduce changes unless necessary, as they want people aware of what's going on at all times with emergencies. Technically, the core sound of the emergency siren hasn't changed for almost 3 generations.

Here's a vid that highlights the differences well enough:

The siren of cop cars in Cyberpunk 2077 sounds awful. Why the hell CDPR put a ridiculous siren sound in police cars ? They are cringe and stupid. I wish there was a mod to replace it.
A mod for replace the "US Police" sound by your country police siren sound ?
I think you can wait a good while for that, unfortunately. Like in France, police siren doesn't sound like in Cyberpunk, but in the same way, it's "only" a french police siren sound (and obviously, it could seem weird in other countries, for sure).

@SigilFey,
the sirens in that video are the normal ones. I mean, the cop car siren when you're driving it in the Cyberpunk 2077 game.
Listen to this crap siren sound. It's hideous!!! Try listening to the siren from 55 secs to the end of the video... it's annoying as f..ck.

Last edited:
@SigilFey,
the sirens in that video are the normal ones. I mean, the cop car siren when you're driving it in the Cyberpunk 2077 game.
Listen to this crap siren sound. It's hideous!!! Try listening to the siren from 55 secs to the end of the video... it's annoying as f..ck.
🤣 :ROFLMAO: Throughout my entire playthrough, I don't think I ever realized that was coming from the police cars or that it was supposed to be a siren.

I have to concede, I'm not sure what that was going for. Maybe it is supposed to represent something a lot louder? Like a "buzzing fog horn" sort of thing?

Either way, it is probably not a huge job to mod it. Simply needs a sound file at around the same audio quality. Personally, I'd go for something like this, maybe with a few deeper horn blasts worked in (the Hong Kong one...minus the crosswalk jingle at the end):

Last edited:
Find it actually kinda cool myself. If it bothers you that much, try the Emperor in First person drive. It has high sound isolation that muffles the siren by a large degree.

There're 2 Emperor police cars in the city that persists throughout your entire playthrough. One is alongside the Westcoast accompanied by 2 cop-bots, the other in mid-centre along the street that runs from the 4-lane quad, that you usually take to go to the Badlands. There's also one in the most Southeast part of the badlands that persists throughout the entire playthrough.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really think it's a bug (or mistake if you prefer) :)
Because the car I have tested it's the same NCPD's car than those who chase you with Kerry (this car is near the elevator at Japan Town Market where most of Goro's quests are, and it never despawn).

And why the sound should be different when it's V who drive this car...?
I can't see any real reason for that. Maybe simply a wrong sound file put in the game, so more a mistake than a "bug". But it doesn't change that it could need to be reported (or not, as you want) :)

[ EDIT: came out too long]
Nothing indicates background siren is police. We don't know the actual source (coz there probably isn't one), but police is always buzzer. When we drive. When they chase. IMHO that's fine. Adding classic siren as alternate to police or other source would be cool.

I find the actual siren pretty cool. Using the mod enhanced police, it's freaky when the cars comes with those siren.
Depend of every person. But i think those ones fit well in a cyberpunk city.
This - Bolded for emphasis.

To me, it seems pretty obvious this was a completely intentional artistic choice.

The actual job of police in NC isn't to ''serve and protect''. It's a dystopian future. They're corrupted enforcers of the law. Their goal is to serve their corporate masters. They're not the police we know - yes, yes, I know.

When you hear that coming down the road, it is meant to be terrifying. It is not meant as a warning that emergency services are coming to help, it is meant as a warning that the law is coming to shut this shit down.

(Whatever your opinion on the matter is, let's not go into real worlds politics here. Not because I don't want to but because we can't)

Last edited:
When you hear that coming down the road, it is meant to be terrifying. It is not meant as a warning that emergency services are coming to help, it is meant as a warning that the law is coming to shut this shit down.
Good point. Maybe it just seems a bit ridiculous listening to it play constantly while driving. (I also never stole a police car while I played. I didn't steal anything. [Not from innocent people. Only from thugs that I tried not to kill. They don't need the stuff I took anymore.])

Top Bottom