A feedback from a chinese player

+
A feedback from a chinese player

I was so lucky to have such a chance to experience the game ahead of most other players. I was a super fan of The Witcher, and I had spent 1/3 of the game time in playing Gwent Card in Witcher3, so , I'm a Gwent Master as well. By the way, I'm a Chinese, though it is not easy for me to log in GOG Galaxy, I still managed to make it. I started to prepare for the "Kill the Servers" about 8 hours ahead, when everything was finally done, I took a nap, since I had to participate in this activity at 11PM and stay up to 3AM. Your game owns my loyalty, so I played the whole period. And thanks again for all your hard work, it is unforgettable.
OK, let's back to the topic, here I have some feelings and suggestions to share with you, and some questions as well.

1.Feelings
Maybe it is because this was only a "Stress test", we haven't seen all the cards of the North Realms deck. Anyway, the strength of the two decks are unmatched. After only a few rounds of Gwent, anyone can tell that the Monsters are too strong when compared with the North Realms. First, Monster is good at creating frost, they could even cast frost in all the three rounds. However, the most powerful units in North Realms are the witchers, redanian knights, and poor infantry, they could all affected by frost. Second, the NR have only two heroes, among which Shani is not that powerful or aggressive.(I like Shani soooo much!!) I think it is of great importance to strengthen the hero card of NR. On the contrary, we could consider to weaken the hero of the Monsters.(Maybe not that much frost? It's really frustrating.) And third, it is too violent that Eredin can place a copy of itself on the battlefield, a (+15) gold card. And what about Foltest? He can only create a copy of a bronze card on the battlefield, even if I summon a doctor or a operator, I possibly can't have 15 power. Though , I still enjoy using NR as I like challenges, with my good luck and skills, I still have a victory rate which is higher than 50%.(I've told you I an the Master hah hah.)
I do like some of the cards, Operator for example. I can say that sometimes operator is the key to fight against the Monsters, especially when you are using the NR deck. Also , operator make the battle unpredictable, so the game is much more interesting. Another card that leaves me an strong impression is the Giant Toad. Some people may complain about the Toad's absorbing power of another card in hand, but I still like the complex ability of it. Maybe we could change it in to absorbing a random bronze card's power in opponent's deck?

2.Problems
In some occasion, 30 seconds is not enough for me to play my turn. When I was using the NR, I'm likely to play doctor, Shani, and other card that can summon cards from graveyard in one turn, and here comes the problem. It takes time when the card is placed on the battlefield, I mean that the flesh movies take times, and it makes me unable to place all the cards in time. I believe that the calculagraph should only work when the players are thinking and choosing.
Watching the coin flips when one side has already passed makes me tired. Many other players would also agree that we can just leave out that flip.
I don't know the exact reason, but a few players just quit the game yesterday, no matter in the very beginning or the middle of a round. Maybe they press the key "Esc" by mistake? To be honest, I didn't know the usage of that key clearly, and I didn't press it for one time. If it has been marked to be a "key to give up", then the notice of it must be too small to see.
The time of searching for a worthy opponent is toooo long. I have to wait for about 3 or 4 minutes to find an opponent. Maybe it is because there aren't many of the players participating in this "Kill the Servers" activity.
The number of cards in the deck is kind of lacking. 25 cards in a deck makes it easy to predict the card that players would get in the follow round, especially players could now get more cards than in Witcher.

3.Suggestions
I expect that a communicate system could be add into the game. Imagine you are playing card in a rayless bar of Redanian, you couldn't help to provoke or play joke on the opponent. A card game in silence would be strange, isn't it?
Probably we could add observers into the game. To some of the unskillful player, watching the masters play would be a great opportunity to make progress. Also, the more people participate in, the more happiness would be created.
I wish that the rule of "promote", a card of the NR, could be changed. It would be better if the Promotion(+2) could be on the base of the origin power of the unit, regardless of the effecter of weather. For example, if I have a radanian knight, which has already been cast a frost on it, so its power would be 1, and now I promote it, in yesterday its power would be 3(1+2) and it turn to gold, but I actually wish its power to become 9(7+2), anyway, it become a gold card that can't be affected by weather, right?(Frankly, I lost one round because of that…) I believe that in the new rule, players could play more stratagems.

4.Questions
(1) What is "hide cards"? I didn't dare to press it because I don't know the consequence…
(2) Why Geralt's power would be 17(15+2) sometimes?
(3) Have the servers crashed down yesterday???

I know maybe the player of Gwent is not as many as Hearth Stone at present, and there are still some problem to be solved, but it's OK, I just want to express my sincere appreciation to you guys! Like every fans who really loves Witcher and Gwent and CDPR, I do enjoy and admire your works. Best wish to CDPR!

Hey there! Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Witcher fan. I am very curious, do many people play/enjoy Witcher 3 back in China? What we've heard over here is that people in East Asia mostly play JRPGs and don't really enjoy the Fallout/Mass Effect/Witcher type of western RPG. It would be fascinating to hear a Chinese fan's perspective on the Polishness of the game.

You are right about the deck balance. Nothing wrong with the cards themselves, but the NR deck needs some stronger ones. Foltest's ability might work better if it works on silver as well as bronze, as it seemed to in this test.

The Giant Toad's ability is fine. You exchange that power being in a separate card for that power being added to the toad and get a card draw in exchange for the toad becoming a lot more Scorchable.

The Operator is fun but a bit too RNG for me.

The timer is there to prevent people from griefing by just sitting there and doing nothing until the opponent resigns. After the first few games where I learned the cards I didn't have a problem with making my decision in time.

The coin flips need to be sped up, yes.

The few times I forfeited was when I clearly saw I didn't have the cards to win anymore. It's fine.

Online games these days don't add communication because of people insulting each other. It's a shame. I wouldn't mind at least having the ability to press a button and tell my opponent GG.

I believe Promote not undoing the effects of the Winter is a bug.

Hello! It's really nice to share my experience with players all over the world, it is fun that games connect us. In fact, not many of my classmates have played Witcher or Fallout, but the number of them won't be less than those who play JRPGs. Most of Chinese players are intending to play online games such as Dota2, League of Legends, Over Watch… Sometimes I think that playing a RPG is just like living another life, which is totally different from our old ones, but usually online games can't give me feelings like that. That's why I prefer to enjoy the Witcher, the Elder Scroll, Fallout… However, Gwent is to be an online game, and it is too damn interesting that I can't miss. Maybe we would meet each other on the Gwent table before long.
Enjoy the game~

Sometimes I think that playing a RPG is just like living another life, which is totally different from our old ones, but usually online games can't give me feelings like that. That's why I prefer to enjoy the Witcher, the Elder Scroll, Fallout
~

Absolutely this. This is why I like RPG's. It is like starting a new life for a new adventure and be cool. :)

Time limit is more than enough in my opinion as well. In HS for example some games take forever.

Damn right about the time limit, I prefer to check all my options and see which one is the best, that's just something you cant do in 30 seconds.
BTW it took me hours to ready GOG too, google almost got me, things are pretty hard in china :(

Top Bottom