A friend of mine captured some interesting photos from the Cyberpunk 2077 reveal trailer...

+
Please forgive me.

In the name of Sardukar I grant you absolution. May you go in peace, dear brother. :p

In all seriousness, though, you didn't waste anyone's time. I wouldn't put it past CDPR to sneak some secrets and easter eggs into the trailer, just that I couldn't make out anything new in the images which you posted.

Forum veteran
SPACE INVADERS CONFIRMED.

Just wanted to share what he found that's all. See if there were other hidden references in the trailer. I apologize for wasting anyone's time honestly. Please forgive me.
Nothing to forgive.
We're all speculating on a game we know almost nothing about, why shouldn't you and your friend analyze blown up freeze-frames from what was essentially an employee recruitment ad?

I suspect, absolutely nothing.
Yet CP is the 5th most popular upcoming game according to Gamespot, despite its lack of a release date, so there are months if not years of straw-grasping threads to read yet...
I suspect a LOT of people are going to be disappointed when it's not "Call of Duty" with cyberware.

I suspect a LOT of people are going to be disappointed when it's not "Call of Duty" with cyberware.

I may be wrong here, but my instincts tell me that Cyberpunk 2077's popularity has been bolstered by the success of TW3, not because it is appealing to the shooter crowd.

If I'm right in that regard, then the people who purchase CP 2077 will probably be looking for the same elements that made Wild Hunt such a success: quality writing and cinematics, a fun open-world to explore, compelling quests, and opportunities to immerse yourself in a character-driven role-playing experience.

I may be wrong here, but my instincts tell me that Cyberpunk 2077's popularity has been bolstered by the success of TW3, not because it is appealing to the shooter crowd.
I quite agree. But I think a lot of people (who have only watched the teaser/trailer) are expecting it to be a shooter.

I quite agree. But I think a lot of people (who have only watched the teaser/trailer) are expecting it to be a shooter.

I think this is the unfortunate truth about a huge amount of Sci-Fi-esque game out there. And actually most sci-fi rpg's that has come out have been some kind of shooter-type of games with limited amounts of rpg in them (maybe not story-wise... but with most other aspects of the games, especially combat though). There are just to few "proper" sci-fi rpg's that get made these days, the kind that feels like it is a pen and paper rpg I mean... that is what I mean by "proper", cRPG's that we used to get some several of in the past.

The only new sci-fi rpgs that I can think of, that are more like the oldschool type of cRPG's, are the new Shadowrun games and Wasteland 2. I want more of these kinds of Sci-Fi RPG's... I would love to get to play a sci-fi rpg which was played like Dragon Age: Origins or Fallout 1/2/T or Divinity: Original Sin, or like the new Shadorun games and Wasteland 2.

Now, I don't think Cyberpunk 2077 will be anything like that, more of a cRPG type of game when it comes to combat... it will probably be some kind of shooter... because that is what CDPR previous games with the Witcher would indicate that CP2077 will become... Witcher being more of an action rpg then anything else, which would suggest that CO2077 will also be a bit more action RPG oriented... in other words an action oriented sci-fi rpg will most likelly be a shooter rpg.

But... I might be wrong about this, since CDPR has said that they do want to make an actual RPG, suggesting that they want to make a game where your characters attributes and skills and what not matters somehow.

I might be grasping at straws here really... we just don't know much really at this point in time... hopefully we will by this time next year. XD

since CDPR has said that they do want to make an actual RPG, suggesting that they want to make a game where your characters attributes and skills and what not matters somehow

they also said the witcher 3 is the crowning achievement of the RPG genre. it just depends on what you define as RPG..

will most likelly be a shooter rpg

That'll probably be the case. More or less.

I'm still having my fingers crossed, though, that whoever at CDPR are the leads for gameplay and systems for CP2077 get a bit more creative than making it simply a shooter with some minor impact stats (like most action RPG's these days) when it comes to combat.

I think this is the unfortunate truth about a huge amount of Sci-Fi-esque game out there. And actually most sci-fi rpg's that has come out have been some kind of shooter-type of games with limited amounts of rpg in them ...
I think that is mostly due to the fact that most non-indy developers are out to make money first and foremost, the game is their method of doing so, therefore they make whatever they think will sell the most copies.
While CDPR certainly wants to make money I think that unlike most they realize they can do that by making a good product people will want to play rather then making their game similar to whatever has sold well recently.

They lead the pack, not follow it.

Last edited:
Imagine there was some kind of Alternate Reality Game message hidden in there... and us cyberpunk fans are making fools of ourselves for not being able to pick it up`.

Top Bottom