A Night To Remember CGI trailer.

+
I read a comment on the video with someone liking the fact that she is singing a song that describes witchers as essentially monsters themselves, and his take was it showing some sympathy for the vampire because of that, the idea being she was scared herself or something, I don't really buy it though, she seemed fairly "evil" from what I saw, an interesting viewpoint though.

She is a high vampire, so she could regenerate. Would be a bit of a stretch though, I personally think she's beyond that.

From what Regis described, if even cutting off high vampire's head doesn't kill them, may be black blood wouldn't either. Didn't Sapkowski say somewhere, that may be Regis could survive even after what Vilgefortz did to him? I'm not sure where I saw it, but I remember it was brought in one of the discussions.

Attachments

• 2015-05-15_184150.png
    2015-05-15_184150.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 39
I read a comment on the video with someone liking the fact that she is singing a song that describes witchers as essentially monsters themselves, and his take was it showing some sympathy for the vampire because of that, the idea being she was scared herself or something, I don't really buy it though, she seemed fairly "evil" from what I saw, an interesting viewpoint though.

She didn't look scared, more like expecting to face her fate (though she was confident that she is stronger). The song describing witchers as monsters (as discussed above) is probably vampires' lullaby. So it's fitting for the story. Whether she is evil - you can speculate here. She is definitely guilty, or at least Geralt was convinced of it when he came. But, in the end he didn't take the trophy for some reason (and probably spared her). For high vampires, drinking blood is an addiction, so it's like an alcoholism sickness.

---------- Updated at 11:45 AM ----------

Did you read Baptism of Fire?

From what Regis described, if even cutting off high vampire's head doesn't kill them, may be black blood wouldn't either. Didn't Sapkowski say somewhere, that may be Regis could survive even after what Vilgefortz did to him? I'm not sure where I saw it, but I remember it was brought in one of the discussions.
I was actually thinking the same thing.

Yeah, but she's left out in the dirt, animals and monsters might consider eating her. All in all I don't think she has high chances of coming back, not anytime soon either way.

That... was truly beautiful. Perfect CGI, masterful direction, atmosphere, great action and amazing work with the music in the background. This hypes me up too much for a Witcher movie. This short video gets everything right.
no EVERYTHING. There's a goof which the sword changed hand in 2:22.

Yeah, but she's left out in the dirt, animals and monsters might consider eating her. All in all I don't think she has high chances of coming back, not anytime soon either way.

The interesting part here is why Geralt changed his mind. I like how so many details can be portrayed just with small hints. You don't commonly see such thing in trailers.

The interesting part here is why Geralt changed his mind. I like how so many details can be portrayed just with small hints. You don't commonly see such thing in trailers.

Until I read this thread I didn't get the impression he had changed his mind at all, I just assumed from the trailer that he killed her and that was that, perhaps he hadn't taken the head because it might look to the towns people that he's just murdered a woman.

I can't really fathom why he didn't take the trophy and, if it's true, he let her live, she didn't do anything from what I could see to give the impression she going to Bloodlovers Anonymous and get off her addiction. Assuming the towns people reported her as a killer, every single action she took against Geralt just backs this up, nothing refutes it, so I'm left wondering why he spared her, if he did, and perhaps we're not meant to know?

Last edited:

How are you so sure Geralt changed his mind? She kind of burned when the sun rose. That's why she looks like that. And especially after what @Kinley said, if animals and other monsters/humans found her and 'took her apart'. I doubt she would be regenerating.
Why Geralt didn't take a trophy? Well maybe he has some bad experiences with vampire trophy's. If common folk just saw a skull and normal teeth they might not believe him, so it's better not to take anything at all and if people are interested, they just go and look at the barn and her body in front of it.

How are you so sure Geralt changed his mind?

See below, it's just my interpretation.

Until I read this thread I didn't get the impression he had changed his mind at all, I just assumed from the trailer that he killed her and that was that, perhaps he hadn't taken the head because it might look to the towns people that he's just murdered a woman.

I can't really fathom why he didn't take the trophy and, if it's true, he let her live, she didn't do anything from what I could see to give the impression she going to Bloodlovers Anonymous and get off her addiction. Assuming the towns people reported her as a killer, every single action she took against Geralt just backs this up, nothing refutes it, so I'm left wondering why he spared her, if he did, and perhaps we're not meant to know?

Those are interesting questions that this trailer raises. Making it too simple like "Geralt killed evil vampire" would be not CDPR / Sapkowski style :)

Symbolic language there is expressive. First there is that (presumably vampire) lullaby which undertones the whole event, and in it witchers are portrayed as killers for hire. It's natural to expect that from vampires' perspective witchers are monsters. Then in the end, when Geralt takes out the hook, he falls alongside her, while she is suffering and crying, which highlights this parallel (i.e monster and hunter paralleled in monstrosity). I guess Geralt didn't feel like taking her head after that.

That's just describing the symbolism which is very obvious if you pay attention. But about what exactly Geralt was deciding - we can't know for sure.

Last edited:
As it's said in the Spanish thread... maybe she was the Regis' ex-lover.... an ancient due? Regis come back?

My heart is close to implod because of shrinking

As it's said in the Spanish thread... maybe she was the Regis' ex-lover.... an ancient due? Regis come back?

My heart is close to implod because of shrinking

I think CDPR meant Queen of the Night as Regis' ex-lover. So she is someone else I assume.

Regis appearing in the game would be awesome. But not very likely.

It was definately a higher vampire.
Not a Bruxa, you can say that Bruxa are above things like Fledder, but below true higher vamps.

She was like Regis from the novels.

There was even a reference to the books:
"Times past, no amount of coin would convince a Witcher to take this contract."

Geralt told Regis, that no one would be able to afford the price Geralt would demand for killing him.

Although she did seem at least partially vulnrable to sunlight (her corpse burned in the morning), and Regis wasn't.

It wasn't the Sun, I suspect it was the potion1s effect, but I am maybe wrong.

Top Bottom