Absolutly massive frame skipping!

+
Come on guys, its not a big deal, just upload it somewhere! Cant play the game on ultra with so much annoying stuttering:/
Thanks in advance!

Forum veteran
mate2111 said:
Come on guys, its not a big deal, just upload it somewhere!
Sorry, didn't see that you needed this until just now. Here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/ifqy3j59a

Really small file.

Also getting stuttering, Might be OS related though. Ran fine on Windows 7 (64-bit) but on Windows 8 (64-bit) the game is pretty much unplayable.

Specs:
Steam version ( enhanced edition )
Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz
GeForce GTX 460 SE
8Gb RAM

I have the same problem guys.

I just started playing the game and i bought it for 75% off from Steam flash sale deal. It is the enchanced edition and i play it on the following pc setup :

Specs :
Steam version ( enhanced edition )
Intel i7-3930K 3.2Ghz
ASUS HD 7970 3GB
32Gb RAM

Playing on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
I have all the drivers updated (i double-checked) to all the latest stuff possible.
None of my anti-virus are interfering (double-checked that as well)
My PC play the other games PERFECTLY with no glitches or frame skipping at all.

What am i to do ? The "fix" fixes the skipping but ads just horrible preformance and locks the frames at 25-30 which is unplayable for me.I set all my settings in the game to different variables and the game still frame-skips ALOT. It is more noticable on higher settings but it skips on lower settings as well so PLEASE HELP!!!

I tried all sorts of changes in the dll files and the cfg and so far none of them worked.

I really like this game and i would love to play it but this is seriously bugging me a lot and its making me hate the game when it could be a really good game to enjoy.

The fix shouldn't lock the framerate. You could try to play the game without vsync if you can live with the screen tearing.

Also, if your card really has 3GB of memory then you should try increasing your "Texture Memory Budget" in the ini files. The same setting can be found on configuration under the name "Texture Memory Size". The largest amount you can get from configuration is 600 MB and this setting is meant for cards with 1GB up to 1.5 GB. You might try to change the Texture Memory Budget from the .ini file to something higher. Maybe 1000 or 1500.

My card has 3gb ddr5 yes. And i actually have two of them in there running crossfire so could that be a problem ? already tried giving more memory budget to the cards and there was no noticable difference. Disabling vsync also doesn't work because everytime i start the game the vsync re-enables itself back. Don't know why.

It can definitely be an issue with 2 cards. I'm not experienced with running games on 2 cards but I have read that some games tend to have issues with Crossfire or SLI.

Could you try playing the game with 1 card only? If the skipping stops then it's probably the fault of Crossfire setup.

You have two 7970's? And enough power supply for them (4 PCI-e connectors and 800 watts or better)?

In that case, try what amaranthy said first: go into CCC and disable Crossfire; see if that clears it up. One 7970 should be adequate for this game, with anything but Ubersampling, but two in Crossfire will expose any problems this game has with your Crossfire setup.

Also, get the latest version (2.3.0 and up) of MSI Afterburner. It has a peak frame time chart. You can use this to see whether you're actually getting skips or stutter, and exactly how bad it is.

tried it with one card and still skipping like hell. the only difference is if i turn the ubersampling OFF the skipping is almost completely eliminated but i kinda wanted to run the game on max that's my only concern. I could easly play the game with 1 card and with ubersampling OFF so it doesn't skip but then it just looks like crap to me really.

i guess 1 card and ubersampling OFF is the temporary solution now. its just funny that even on the highest-end machine possible the game SOMEHOW still lags. i would say bad optimization on that?

but basically here is my FULL setup of the machine i'm playing on :

INTEL DX79SR
INTEL Core i7 3930K 4.2G 12M BOX LGA2011
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 3GB PCIe 2xCF
OCZ RevoDrive3 PCIe 240GB
MAXTOR 4TB HDD 7200
PATRIOT PVI332G186C0QK 32GB (4x8GB)
FRACTAL DESIGN Tesla R2 800W
CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H100

I think its pretty much enough for a game to run clean on highest settings and it just doesn't. Sad.
Even Assassins Creed 3 runs way way smoother and its a more hardware-demanding game than this. ANY game that i ran on this setup basically ran smoother.

Hello, I just buy the game and I also had problem with frame skipping, with my PC configurations I run the game on high spec always higher that 40 fps. I use an ATI card 7850 oc and I get a good improvement with the fix posted here, I Think it doesn't seems perfect, but now is harder to see the frame skipping than before... Thanks :D

Top Bottom