AC/Far Cry "Tower mechanics" in TW3

+
AC/Far Cry "Tower mechanics" in TW3

In the gameplay trailer, at 2:20.

If you clear an area from monsters, people will go to live in that area and you will unlock shopkeepers and something.
But...is it a scripted mechanics like AC/Far Cry towers?
I mean, many hints on the map, and when you clear them, there is a scripted cutscene and something will be unlocked on the map.

Damien said that there is a scripted event in the Prologue to show you that this can happen; but usually it's not scripted. You need someone else to find the source though :) (as far as I can remember, he said it in the GameTrailers livestream)

Damien said that there is a scripted event in the Prologue to show you that this can happen; but usually it's not scripted. You need someone else to find the source though :) (as far as I can remember, he said it in the GameTrailers livestream)

I hope so, I really hate the cheap tower mechanics in AC/Far Cry.
But IIRC, the hints on the map with red circles are "monster's nest" or something, so this is why I started to worry about it.

This kinda in the context. I wonder if the opposite can happen - monsters/ bandits to overrun a village

I certainly hope so. That would be so cool and would add both realism, and a cool, vengeful type adventure to go on to slay the bandits and reclaim the town

I certainly hope so. That would be so cool and would add both realism, and a cool, vengeful type adventure to go on to slay the bandits and reclaim the town

No...it will be just a cheap ubilol way to fill the open world.
In that way there's nothing similar to "dynamic enviroment and wildlife". It is just "Go to A from B (The nest marker), slay some monsters and life in town and shops are automatically unlock.

In the gameplay trailer, at 2:20.
If you clear an area from monsters, people will go to live in that area and you will unlock shopkeepers and something.
But...is it a scripted mechanics like AC/Far Cry towers?
I mean, many hints on the map, and when you clear them, there is a scripted cutscene and something will be unlocked on the map.

I don't even understand how those two are at all comparable. In the Ub games you claim a tower to reveal all the collectibles and other junk they've hidden across the map. In this case you are unlocking a brand new hub full of its own quests, shopkeeps, ect.

One of the most repeated quest example by CDPR team was that where you can decide don't kill bandits and later Geralt notices the village has been attacked or burnt... Every decison has its concequence in a greater or lesser extent

CDPR team was that where you can decide don't kill bandits and later Geralt notices the village has been attacked or burnt
I guess I'll have to watch how much I randomly wander... oppps was that village being attacked I was chasing the deer...

In some cases when you kill the monsters in an area, humans will settle it. In the prologue there’s actually a cutscene that shows is as it happens so that the players understand the mechanic. It’s not always so simple, and there are different states. Whenever you go into an area the game will check what you have and what you haven’t done, who you helped, who you killed, the decisions you made during quests and dialogue. That can change a lot of things, including the people that spawn in a village. The mechanic is simple, but it can get complex because of all the branching.
-----------

Yeah, but what bothers me it's that those "monsters you have to killed" don't seems to be quest related, like in The Witcher 2. You have a location on the map, go there, kill some monster. But there isn't a quest.

What makes you think that? The description there suggests that there a different multiple approaches to some of these.

I think there will be some cases where you can possibly kill the monster before acquiring the quest in which you can turn it in later for an award. Like above, there are hopefully many paths to a quests and they have mentioned before that you can jump into a quest at a few different branches.

All I know is I won't be seeing any of those hints on my map... Those getting disabled will be the first thing I do when I launch the game, even before looking at controls and graphic options.

And again, that doesn't mean that the monsters are the only thing that drives this equation. What I understand from Damien's quote is that the system is more complex than this. It will probably depend on who you helped (quest related or not), who you killed/saved (maybe some merchant from bandits or so?), if you killed bandits/monsters in the vicinity (IIRC the lairs are unrelated to this, it should be the enemies in the vicinity) and so on. I think monster lairs are mostly for monster hunt missions. Like the Royal Wyvern.

Rather than looking at a map and coming to conclusions, it makes more sense to listen to the guy who was in part of the "Living World" team ;)

Top Bottom