[ACT II] Shani (old friend of mine)

+
[ACT II] Shani (old friend of mine)

I've been reading several posts here about Shani's party, but for some reason, she never invited me.Anyone knows what have i been doing wrong?

It's part of the main quest line, the investigation. Just continue with that and you'll hit it (in more ways than one?).

hjarg said:
I've been reading several posts here about Shani's party, but for some reason, she never invited me.Anyone knows what have i been doing wrong?
Maybe she doesn't like you? :pShe will after a major part in Act II, the journal will strongly hint to go meet her. Whatever you do, you cannot escape from it, she will have her way with you whether you like it or not.........

vsutra said:
vsutra said:
Maybe she doesn't like you? :pShe will after a major part in Act II, the journal will strongly hint to go meet her. Whatever you do, you cannot escape from it, she will have her way with you whether you like it or not.........
Not really, I'm in act 3 and I never got a party invitation. Nor did I get any indication from the game that I needed to see Shani, except about the Autopsy, but I couldn't get her to go help me with it either at home at night or at the hospital by day. Dunno, maybe I should have gone to the hospital to see her in the evening or something. I ended up just exploring the graveyard on my own and solved the mystery that way, never heard from Shani since, though I suspect she'll pop up again somewhere during Act 3. Meh, I prefer Triss anyway ;)

TheInsaneOrch said:
youre going to ask her if you could take anvil to triss but you have to make a choice she wants you to take anvil to Shani but Triss wants you to bring anvil to triss. Make the right choice screw Shani and go for triss
Shush! don't spoil it for me! You mean Alvin I guess? the magically gifted boy from Act 1. Nvm, don't wanna know, I'll find out soon enough.

Ok, at least can someone tell me when is the party? After the autopsy, before it?

you know, i never got invited to her party either.*SPOILERS AHEAD* i'm already in the merchant quarter, went to declan's party, had sex with the princess, had sex with shani after i sent alvin to her house, but no party. also, i never got the notification that i'm begining act III. it's a bit confusing. *SPOILERS END HERE*advice, opinions, anyone?

Getting an invitation from Shani probably depends on the order you do quests.**** SPOILER...I guess that if you kill Ramsmeat before progressing far enough with Shani, you might end up going to meet "Raymond" at the Mage's Tower, without the story line where you go to Shani's party, and then get access to cemetary, to find out that the real Raymond has actually been killed. I almost did that.It's a bit annoying how easy it is to miss leads which turn into little quests, which then turn out to be important. Of course you can finish the chapter without doing everything, but I hate when that happens, since I rarely have time to replay huge RPG's like The Witcher. This is actually the first game ever where I've started reading spoilers the first time through, because I often seem to miss leads, and the game restricts what you can do after certain cut-off moments. I didn't read any spoilers in Chapter I, and ended up missing a lot that I now can't finish.

I got the invitation, got the items. But moved to Act II when it was too late to do :(So its not required.

The party is always after the autopsy. So make sure you do that first, then talk to her at her house. At some point after the autopsy, you should get a message on your screen mentioning that you should talk to Shanni more often...

intoranat said:
The party is always after the autopsy. So make sure you do that first, then talk to her at her house. At some point after the autopsy, you should get a message on your screen mentioning that you should talk to Shanni more often...
I did, but still she wouldn't mention any party. Strange.

When you're already in Act III then there's nothing you can do anymore. This quest is cancelled.I once got the invitation and was already told to bring a guest. I moved on to the third act and hoped to finish it afterwards. But the quest wasn't in my journal anymore.

Ive just got asked by shani to bring 3 kinds of liqour to the party.I went to the hariy bear inn and bought those things (couldtnt find the exactly name of the 3 liqours, but think i got the right things.) Anyone got the exactly names and how many you need to buy of each, for them please let me know?Ive been waiting and went to her house both in the day and night but somehow she doesnt want to discuss it. So guess i dont have the right booze yet?

I believe it is "Cherry Spirit Cordial" and there is a name for the Rose wine too, but I don't recall it. I believe if you look in the journal perhaps in a closed phase you will see on the right the two colors of text. One of them is more verbose and includes the names in ordinary conversational prose ending with something like "I prefer Rye Vodka..." I only know because I just played through it not that long ago. Cheers.

Im prollly a bit l8 here but if you dont do Shani's 'collect 5 plants' quest she dosent invite you to the party.I restarted akt2 and then got stuck in the same bit,it was then that I worked out some secondary q's areimportant.

Top Bottom