[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
gamewidow said:
I believe you have the wrong monster there jtabler ... that sounds like a zeugl to me ;D
Yeah, I edited. Similar tactic! Quen with strong instead of group!

Guest 2081505

Perun rune stone is much better than insectoid oil. The bomb "devil's puffball" is very effective against the koschtschei. Geralt uses the bomb in the forementioned video. Please look at the amount of damage!http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=KOu2WZ2qvZMIgni helps a lot, too.

MaxStrauss said:
Perun rune stone is much better than insectoid oil.
ofcourse its better. thats because koschey isnt considered an insectoid. oil doesnt work at all.

flashintheflesh said:
flashintheflesh said:
Perun rune stone is much better than insectoid oil.
ofcourse its better. thats because koschey isnt considered an insectoid. oil doesnt work at all.
Sorry, my misunderstanding. I used dust or argentine oil anyhow. I didn't have any insect oil with me as spiders weren't exactly an issue at that point.

I just finished my EE playthrough this time around focussing on styles rather than signs. I must say with Strong Silver on Gold, I managed to kill that Koschchey within less than 1 full sequence. It died on my 4th attack chain ;DI guess getting those sword talents up made a huge difference - usually I don't bother getting tham above 4th level.

Seefer said:
Also, I'm finding that combat when using Blizzard is extremely dodgy and it often seems that the combat round is completely out of sync with what's going on on the screen. Many times I'm trying to cast a sign but nothing happens even though I have plenty of Endurance left. I'm also finding that even at a distance I'm being hit by the Koschay and watching my health plummet like a Courtesans underwear (and no it's not the Bleed effect doing damage to me).
I think you have too much toxic in body, that's why you can't cast the sign

For all who have trouble here, again preperation is the key:First the shopping list:1. Have enough alcohol and or ingredients / or have your potions already ready - I am just stating that bc in this act strong alcohol is not soooo easy to come by (especially on neutral): Kalkstein sells though2. Before entering the mansion take a couple of "long" potions, if you can albedo base (at least one of) them, you can get away with three. Good choices depend on your character,I had an Igni user, so full moon and petris philter were good. Possibly also Mariborforest.3. Meditate for an hour to get rid of toxic effects.4. Use the old standby: Tawny owl, swallow, possibly willow, each with a different second effect. (for the Kotchey it might be advisable to substitute kiss for willow as its specialty is bleeding - I didnt and survided but that took me a white raffods)5. If you can get through the initial monsters on rubedo alone postpone swallow till shortly before the fight.6. If you have runestones, you might just as well use them, there are not many things to save them for at this point (one for silver sword now, one for steel for azar, later and two for the epilogue...)The fight:If you did all or most of the above, the fight should be relatively easy (I know it can be annoying if someone tells you something is easy - but with the stuff above it is).I just fried the hell out of the thing with Igni, resorting to running when low on health (remember I forgot the kiss potion - with it it should be possible without runing).If you are a swordsperson, you might want different long potions and look at the swordstipps posted before.After the fight:Might be a good idea to stop at the nearby fireplace, meditate and repeat the above procedure fo the next fight with Azar (here willow is much better than kiss, of course...)Happy hunting

Sadly to say, I never even finished my strong style sequence. Pathetic little spider. Javed proved to be far more entertaining.

I've tried ATLEAST 50 times now to beat this piece of shit. I managed to BARELY beat him once but right after that, the fucking game crashed LMAO. So I can't beat it again, tried every single thing and nothing works. I just get affected by Bleeding and Pain CONSTANTLY and there's no way to get around it. He also hits me even when i'm running away across the map and my signs don't work properly. Anyways, what's the easiest way to kill this damn thing so I can move on?

There's a potion -- Kiss (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Kiss) -- to take care of bleeding, and a talent that reduces Geralt's susceptibility to pain. The Koschey is definitely the place to break out ALL your potions -- you'll want Full Moon and Kiss and Swallow, at the very least, plus some White Rafford's Decoctions on your belt, and you'll want the sign/endurance-boosting ones if you're pumped on signs and the damage/critical-hit-boosting ones if you're pumped on sword talent -- and it's the place to take advantage of the tactic where you take your long-acting potions, meditate for an hour or two to lower your toxicity, then take your short-acting potions.The best way to kill the Koschey depends on what you've put your talents into. If you have Level 5 Igni, use that, but if you've put most of your talents into swordplay, use Strong Silver.The biggest piece of advice I can give you, though, is to KEEP MOVING. Attack, run away, attack, run away, attack run away. Don't just stand there and whack it, or you're dead. I played "Ring around the column" for quite awhile before the damned thing died.

Things that worked for me for encounter with this creature ;)Potions: Rubedo Swallow, Albedo Willow, Nigredo WolfBlade enhanceents: Vodon runestone / Cinfridoil / Argentia Oil / BrownoilStrongstyle silverSign Igni

I finally beat it, and Azar Javed, who was 10x easier! I basically ran around setting down Quen and shooting Ingi's then ended it with sword.

unit3d said:
I finally beat it, and Azar Javed, who was 10x easier! I basically ran around setting down Quen and shooting Ingi's then ended it with sword.
Good for you! I'm glad you got it. :beer:

Ugh, now I'm stuck at an even MORE annoying place. The Zeugl. It seems like no matter how many times I try to kill it it won't die! These boss battles are really getting annoying. Any tips for fighting this thing?

unit3d said:
Ugh, now I'm stuck at an even MORE annoying place. The Zeugl. It seems like no matter how many times I try to kill it it won't die! These boss battles are really getting annoying. Any tips for fighting this thing?
There are tentacles at either end of the "room" that are just for show -- don't try to kill those, because they don't die.You need to kill the tentacles that are in the middle of the room, and the head. If you deal enough damage to the tentacles, the head will rise for a time, then go back down. So it's damage the tentacles until head rises, damage the head until it sinks, return to damaging the tentacles, repeat until the damned thing is dead. As a water creature, it's very sensitive to Igni, and that's probably the best way to kill it. If you don't have a lot of talent points in Igni, you can kill it with a sword. If you have enough points in Group Style, use Group Silver on the tentacles, then switch to individual for the head.Whoever accompanies you -- Yaevinn, Siegfried, or Triss -- is needed by the plot and can't die, so you don't need to protect them. They may look dead, but after they've been unconscious for awhile, they'll get back up and resume fighting as if nothing happened. So concentrate on protecting you from the Zeugl; your companion will be fine.

unit3d said:
IMO the Koschey was easier than Javed, because I never died with the Koschey. With Javed I died many times. Azar was faster. I didn't run around, because it took too much time. I wanted to beat Javed as soon as possible.

Javed is sensitive to critical strike, so the Perun runestone is your best friend ]:->
MaxStrauss said:
Yes, Igni is very effective against the Zeugl and his tentacles (first part of the video). Alternatively there is an amazing method by using the bomb "dragon's dream" (and Quen):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYZsbmdpgKQ
Yes this Dragon Dream strategy is fun. You should take care the the fiery breath of the dragon won't roast Geralt as well :whistle: which I expierenced on first attempts. After you plant the bombs take a saftey distant when you ignite the bombs with Igni.Cory'a adivise is good and should lead you to your victory ;)

Top Bottom