Actors to play characters from the Witcher / Actors who look like them

+

Panaceum said:
You pick some great actors guys. But my vote goes to Mads Mikkelsen. In Valhalla Rising he was so bad ass. Like fucking force of nature :D/>/>/>/>/>. He is great actor, have interesting facial features and even his accent could be good for the role.

Other actors could play a credible character who passes for Geralt. But Geralt is not sweet and cuddly and avuncular like Aragorn or Ned Stark or even Gabriel van Helsing or Gregory House. He's an ancient nightmare, the stuff of fairy tales parents would tell their children to scare them to sleep. Mads Mikkelsen has excelled at this manner of character.

Hmm, I can't say I see any of the previously suggested actors as Geralt. However, I'd like to hear your opinion on this one because when I see this pic...

...I see this man.

Also, in my opinion, his voice fits Geralt's character perfectly.

A lot better than Hugh Jackman in my opinion. He's height is also perfect for it, Geralt always seem average.

ShoMee said:
Hmm, I can't say I see any of the previously suggested actors as Geralt. However, I'd like to hear your opinion on this one because when I see this pic...

...I see this man.

Also, in my opinion, his voice fits Geralt's character perfectly.
I agree with you about the voice! But I can't imagine Craig with long hair.

I think that josh holloway would be perfect for Geralt, he looks badass and kinda mean, but is also very hot just like Geralt is :)/> http://avengersnews.com/wp-content/uploads4444543/2011/12/josh-holloway.jpg

My two main criteria would be
- Did not appear in GoT
- Did not appear in LotR
I dislike all of the comparisons, and wouldn't want to see more of them

There's a Canadian actor who I've always thought looked right, Ian Tracey.

But he's too short, so I'm going with the Hugh Jackman votes.

dragonbird said:
My two main criteria would be
- Did not appear in GoT
- Did not appear in LotR
I dislike all of the comparisons, and wouldn't want to see more of them

There's a Canadian actor who I've always thought looked right, Ian Tracey.

But he's too short, so I'm going with the Hugh Jackman votes.
Yay! another vote for Jackman!

Ahem... what about him...? (he looks like Geralt, doesn't he?)

I can see Josh Holloway as Geralt as well... might be a bit too pretty for the role bad some make should help with that...

"Sword and magic" films don't do well. If its not super high budget I don't see it happeneing. Dont matter who would play as Geralt. Too many in your face special effects like Igni would just make it look terrible and shameful. Witcher frenchise isn't big enough, you need some legacy first. As much as I enjoy playing Witcher I wouldnt want to see the avarage B class film, dunno it would have to be filmed in New Zealand or somewhere really beautiful with some serious budget.

GuyN said:
Other actors could play a credible character who passes for Geralt. But Geralt is not sweet and cuddly and avuncular like Aragorn or Ned Stark or even Gabriel van Helsing or Gregory House. He's an ancient nightmare, the stuff of fairy tales parents would tell their children to scare them to sleep. Mads Mikkelsen has excelled at this manner of character.

But geralt has a gentler side. His not just some dark and edgy 80's anti-hero. He should be a dude that at first sight is very intimidating but once you get to know him has a sensitive kinder side.

I think Viggo could nail his character. Have you seen history of violence or eastern promises? the dude can make an intimidating guy.

VJETAC said:

dat beard

Dat sword

IMHO he does not look like MY Geralt (or the one from the games). I would say that we need someone who has more slavic type of face.

Top Bottom