An Analysis of The Witcher 3's Setting: Velen

+
An Analysis of The Witcher 3's Setting: Velen

Hello all. I recently made an analysis of Velen. I place particular emphasis on the tone and atmosphere of the place, the political and economic situation, some of the quests, the themes, and how they all add up to contribute to the game's narrative as a whole. Check it out if you're interested!

P.S. - Hopefully this is the correct place to post this!

Wow! Props to you!
Really well done! :)

Also the idea is very good! I think no one has every done something like that!

Brilliant! I really enjoyed watching that - I bet it probably took ages, but any chance of you doing the same sort of analysis for perhaps other areas like Toussaint?

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :)

---------- Updated at 05:22 PM ----------

Brilliant! I really enjoyed watching that - I bet it probably took ages, but any chance of you doing the same sort of analysis for perhaps other areas like Toussaint?
Thanks very much! :)

And yes, I plan on covering basically every location in the game. If you're interested, I've already done a part 2 (a video on Novigrad), which you can find in my uploads. I'll start working on the Skellige one soon. Part 4 will cover Oxenfurt and some HoS stuff, and part 5 will be Toussaint.

And yes, I plan on covering basically every location in the game. If you're interested, I've already done a part 2 (a video on Novigrad), which you can find in my uploads. I'll start working on the Skellige one soon. Part 4 will cover Oxenfurt and some HoS stuff, and part 5 will be Toussaint.

Skellige will be a nice location for you to analyze! ;)

Good video, I think you should stressed more that Velen was always one of Temeria poorer provinces, and I do think it suppose to represent of ordinary folk who always got screwed by war, no matter whose the victor.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :)

---------- Updated at 05:22 PM ----------

Thanks very much! :)

Excellent, I've just subscribed to you on youtube :) looking forward to watching the other videos!

Excellent, I've just subscribed to you on youtube :) looking forward to watching the other videos!
Thanks so much! :) I don't do exclusively Witcher stuff - I will also upload some anime/other video game content - but rest assured that more Witcher analysis will always be in the works!

---------- Updated at 07:21 PM ----------

Good video, I think you should stressed more that Velen was always one of Temeria poorer provinces, and I do think it suppose to represent of ordinary folk who always got screwed by war, no matter whose the victor.
Yeah, fair point. I do point out in the video that things have never been great in Velen and it has always been a region in great strife, but that things are at their lowest in Witcher 3. However, I definitely could have emphasized the point more. Thanks for the input!

Well done! I look forward to the other videos in this series.

You're right about the Bloody Baron - you could do a whole video on Strenger alone.

Well done! I look forward to the other videos in this series.

You're right about the Bloody Baron - you could do a whole video on Strenger alone.
Thank you! And yes, for sure. I plan to devote more than 1-2 minutes to him in the future - he is such a well crafted character. CDPR needed him to be good to make the Velen segment work, and he was better than good.

Top Bottom