Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

+
The Witcher 1 isn't up to The Witcher 2's quality or the Witcher 3.

It's still far-far better than the majority of Fantasy RPGs which were out at the time and had a lot of very heavy ideas for its time.

There's a REASON people actually debated the Scoia'tael and Order of the Flaming Rose issue.

More proof of this is that the sex scenes are actually completely uncensored if you use free came. It's almost like CDPR said, "We want to appeal to a wider audience so we will let the modders change the camera angle to avoid controversy." Which is very disappointing.

The Way Djikstra suddently almost said "HAHAHA I"m Gonna be the Ruler of Temeria ! Gotta kill you Roche !" i clearly didn't understand, they way it was done, it's like they chose to quickly add that thing to make a cliffhanger.

Looks like CDPR desperately wanted to add another hard choice in the game: "Will you choose reasonable Dijkstra and save the North or you choose to save your friends who helped you before." CDPR failed miserably in this scenario because it doesn't make sense on many levels. The logic is on par with if they'd ask us to choose between Dandelion and Zoltan, who would have desided to kill Dandelion for pamphlets about Scoia'tael friends of his. The Geralt would have to decide if he wants to slice Zoltan or leave Dandelion to be chopped by Zoltan.

All I gotta say about these so called "arguments" of his - OPINIONS.

I mostly completely disagree with OP in almost every all aspect. Infact - some of his concerns are trully laughable to say atleast. However as many of those were already countered here by other forun members, I don't see the point of writting another wall of text for the sake of "arguing".

Opinions people - that's what this thread is about, nothing else.

The Witcher 1 isn't up to The Witcher 2's quality or the Witcher 3.

Overall as a game? Absolutely not, but in terms of story it is VASTLY superior to the Witcher 3 and it's a similar situation as with TW3 focusing on Geralt's personal story with the politics in the backgrounds.

SEVEN YEARS and CDPR can't even deliver a story as good as that was let alone comparable to the one in TW2.

Overall as a game? Absolutely not, but in terms of story it is VASTLY superior to the Witcher 3 and it's a similar situation as with TW3 focusing on Geralt's personal story with the politics in the backgrounds.

SEVEN YEARS and CDPR can't even deliver a story as good as that was let alone comparable to the one in TW2.
"SEVEN YHURS and nuh gewd stury" - Are you fucking serious? Now remind of a game from last 7 years, this enormous size, with a rich and beautiflul world, interesting characters and engaging story with meaningful choices.. Oh wait there was none.
Not that your post makes little to no sense, your opinion also lacks any kind of backup to it in the first place lol.

I swear some people in this forum are plain ridiculous, reminding me of those crazy Neagof users.

Last edited:
Now remind of a game from last 7 years, this enormous size, with a rich and beautiflul world, interesting characters and engaging story with meaningful choices

Because apparently the quality of story of TW3 can only be judged against other open world games.

But hey OK let's give some examples.

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION

ROLFCOPTER!!!

FALLOUT?! Ask any gamer, who actually (unlike you obviously) has long experience and long term playtime in RPG genre, about Fallout series and he will tell you that fallout has nothing to offer in terms of good story, absolutelý NO interesting but only generic, forgetable characters etc. What are you even talking about meaningful choices and interesting characters in Fallout games? Don't make me laugh. Fallout is all about gameplay freedom, that's it. Story? What story? Characters? You means those generic ones whom u forget after completing the quest? Sidequests? - Witcher 3 eats any RPG for breakfest when it comes for sidequest, and speaking about FT quests - it spits on it from a mile.

Dragon Age: I? Are you high or just plain bad troll? LMAO there's just no point to even continue this as you clearly make no sense nor you have played any good RPG it seems.
Naming games like Fallout 3 as a "story, character rich game with engaging quests" is nothing but plain ridiculous. Witcher 3 is simply superior to these in terms of story / writting / characters / choices / OST / aswell as main and superior side quests. I can't even take you srsly anymore.

And when you ask how can I judge it by comparing it to other open world games - the answer is more than obvious.. You compare it to other big games because you have to realise that since it's enormous game which in development needs to be filled with richness, you can't simply focus solely on Story like previous two games were. W1 and W2 were never known for good controls or great combat but rather for its mature content, great stories, music, characters and decition making that actually has consiquences to it. Witcher 3 manages to add those elememts despite the fact that its much harder to achieve in non-linear, non-section based game..

Last edited:
DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION

IKR? This guy made me go lol, especially with the Fallout 3's "rich story and characters", or better - meaningful quests lmao.

Well Fallout 3 is "take this gun and go make your own story, because there is no real storyline in this game" type of game.... We're talking about Bethesda after all. If you wonder what I mean check one little game called "Skyrim" and tell me about it's storyline when you finish.

Also get back to Fallout 4 info from E3 and tell me what the main storyline will be about... and add if it's enough to know about the game which comes out this year.

Last edited:
Because apparently the quality of story of TW3 can only be judged against other open world games.

But hey OK let's give some examples.

Huh? I definitely wouldn't go that far even though I think TW1 story is strictly better than TW3.

The story in TW3 has a lot of problems but it's not that bad.

Well Fallout 3 is "take this gun and go make your own story, because there is no real storyline in this game" type of game.... We're talking about Bethesda after all. If you wonder what I mean check one little game called "Skyrim" and tell me about it's storyline when you finish.

I'm not gonna bother replying to the other guy, cause it's worthless replying to "fans", but wrong on this account.

Fallout 3 does have a story and interesting one at that with the whole purifier plot and the Brotherhood of Steel.

Also yes DA:I does have a better story then TW3: Far more nuanced and complex take on religion instead of just "fanatics kill everyone", no mad idiot as the main the political force and decent deal of nuance and complexity there with regards to that, but hey it's better to just take the shit on DA:I and Bioware right then examine it and realize then it's better then a pathetic and shallow father/daughter story which only is redeemable through the good voice acting, music and cinematics.

Also Corypheus is ten times better then Eredin, who just wants to kill Ciri cause "reasons". Oh need her to open a world to invade this world? Neah fuck that I'll just give her a painful death, cause I'm EVIL!

Last edited:
Also Corypheus is ten times better then Eredin, who just wants to kill Ciri cause "reasons". Oh need her to open a world to invade this world? Neah fuck that I'll just give her a painful death, cause I'm EVIL!

pfffahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah :rofl::rofl::rofl: I would like to argue about it but I don't see much sense in doing so.

Fallout 3 does have a story and interesting one at that with the whole purifier plot and the Brotherhood of Steel.

What? Ohh you mean this sad excuse of a storyline? "Let's save the world with clean water" ? yeah.....I cared so much about this storyline, that I didn't even bothered to sacrifice myself for it and I throw girl into it instead of me every time. I cared so much about it.

Because you've got no argument about how Eredin is supposedly "better" then Corpyheus. Make no mistake Corypheus ain't a Letho, but he's at least got a presence and is actively trying to undermine you unlike Eredin who does fuck all for the vast majority of the game.

What? Ohh you mean this sad excuse of a storyline? "Let's save the world with clean water" ?

And so W3 is better with it's whole "let's save the world by defeating the cold" through some unknown power that Ciri possesses, after of course we spent much of the game trying to find this Mary Sue character ( and that's on Sapkowski for making her a mary sue ).

So yeah I'll take the interesting plot with the President, The Enclave, The Brotherhood of Steel, the theme of racial purity and so on versus "save the world from cold with a Mary Sue character"

Only good things about TW3 are the Bloody Baron and the relationship between Geralt and Ciri.

In W1 we had the very interesting dynamic between Geralt and Alvin along with Triss/Shani and the entire ideological conflict between Order and Scoia'Tael and Siegfried/Yaevinn. In W2 we had for more nuance and complexity.

There is just no point to have any kind of discussion with guy, lol. He's a joke. Not only that he makes no sense, he also ignored my post where I pointed out how W3 is pretty much superior to anything generic RPG like FT3 throws at it. Same goes to the DAI.
@CostinRaz next time you'll try to play a smartass, atleast think of any valid points behind your laughable statements. Also 10+ for avoiding arguments lol.

"Fallout 3 has rich story, interesting quest and deep characters that you care about" Just rofl'fking'copter haha.
" DAI is better than W3 "fantastic kill all" (w wh what?) - Thanks for the laughs. Again.

Last edited:
Because you've got no argument about how Eredin is supposedly "better" then Corpyheus

No, I have arguments about it but there is little sense arguing with you about it since for one you have your own opinion which you will not change whatever I write back and two I don't really enjoy writing pointless walls of text.

I never said W3 story is better than W1... of course it isn't... the sole fact that Wild Hunt can somehow control White Frost is mind boggling to me but it's still more gripping story than Fallout 3 or DA:I for me.

Sorry but I found Fallout 3 main storyline to be really lame, being there only to be there and give me excuse to play the game. And I will left it's side quests with a minute of silence, they won't get more from me.

All I gotta say about these so called "arguments" of his - OPINIONS.

I mostly completely disagree with OP in almost every all aspect. Infact - some of his concerns are trully laughable to say atleast. However as many of those were already countered here by other forun members, I don't see the point of writting another wall of text for the sake of "arguing".

Opinions people - that's what this thread is about, nothing else.

Your OPINION noted. But if you have read the article, then the seed has been planted. Now you won't be able not to think about it when discussing similar topics and by thinking about it you might actually come to conclusion that there's truth in what I wrote. While it is not guaranteed that you change your opinion the chances are now higher than they were when you were not thinking about the topic at all. :)

Top Bottom