And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only fix will be for a pre homecoming re-release of real gwent as a game mode

Unfortunatly, thats not going to happen. Imagine how would CDPR deal with balancing 2 different games with cards and mechanics completly different.

There wont be a backtrack to what gwent used to be.

Last edited:
I can't remember when was the last time I logged into Gwent. I habitually check back this forum once a week to see what's new and can't believe this thread is still up and running. All other similar ones have been closed down or forgotten.

I finally got around to play Thronebreaker and found out TB is a tablet game. IT IS A TABLET GAME. All you need is one index finger to play it from beginning to end. The amount of clicking just to navigate from point A to point B was unbearably annoying. It is so obvious now where CDPR is steering Gwent to. At this point, you gotta dumb or so blind not to see it. HC is never NEVER about fixing the old Gwent's problems. HC is a new game that has NOTHING to do with the old Gwent. The changes are so specific and fundamentally different didn't leave HC a reminiscence of the old Gwent except the card art.

That being said ... CDPR does have an amazing team of writers and artists, especially, writers. The reason that I kept playing TB was the well crafted, riveting, captivating, descriptive writing that I always appreciate. As to game design or gameplay design, not so much.

CDPR has grown bigger from the success of the wither 3. They want to be part of the big boy market and bump up GOG next to Steam and Origin. It was quite ridiculous they didn't even bother to launch TB on Steam. Probably thought it wasn't necessary that they had enough to have a successful launch on GOG only. Reality hit CDPR hard again that they may not be that little indie studio making a game one at a time but definitely not in the same league with Valve or Bethesda. It seems like CDPR has their own unrealistic expectations that they cannot keep up themselves.

All that leaves me with Cyberpunk. On the surface it looked great. The countless let downs I experienced with hyped games and this Gwent fiasco isn't encouraging me to look at Cyberpunk with optimism. I'll watch it's progress, not with hype, but with skepticism.

Last edited:
I can't remember when was the last time I logged into Gwent. I habitually check back this forum once a week to see what's new and can't believe this thread is still up and running. All other similar ones have been closed down or forgotten.

I finally got around to play Thronebreaker and found out TB is a tablet game. IT IS A TABLET GAME. All you need is one index finger to play it from beginning to end. The amount of clicking just to navigate from point A to point B was unbearably annoying. It is so obvious now where CDPR is steering Gwent to. At this point, you gotta dumb or so blind not to see it. HC is never NEVER about fixing the old Gwent's problems. HC is a new game that has NOTHING to do with the old Gwent. The changes are so specific and fundamentally different didn't leave HC a reminiscence of the old Gwent except the card art.

That being said ... CDPR does have an amazing team of writers and artists, especially, writers. The reason that I kept playing TB was the well crafted, riveting, captivating, descriptive writing that I always appreciate. As to game design or gameplay design, not so much.

CDPR has grown bigger from the success of the wither 3. They want to be part of the big boy market and bump up GOG next to Steam and Origin. It was quite ridiculous they didn't even bother to launch TB on Steam. Probably thought it wasn't necessary that they had enough to have a successful launch on GOG only. Reality hit CDPR hard again that they may not be that little indie studio making a game one at a time but definitely not in the same league with Valve or Bethesda. It seems like CDPR has their own unrealistic expectations that they cannot keep up themselves.

All that leaves me with Cyberpunk. On the surface it looked great. The countless let downs I experienced with hyped games and this Gwent fiasco isn't encouraging me to look at Cyberpunk with optimism. I'll watch it's progress, not with hype, but with skepticism.
The messed up thing about this is that the card art was a big part of gwents identity and they recently let go the artist Anna who is responsible for many iconic arts and fan favorites. She is now working on artifacts card art and says no plans of returning in the future to gwent not even freelance work available for her. This is a real bummer and telling of the games future.
Post automatically merged:

that's not the only fix. get real. we're talking lines of code here. anything is a fix. its lines of code...
That's the easiest one I can think of that will get back a major part of the player base. The written is already done on that version.. I mean it's not like they had frequent updates anyway with the beta. The community would be more than happy just to have it back

To be fair even your hole message let me think this was your message. Otherwise i cant understand your point, so pls explain it a bit more.
i meant that you can do anything you want with programming. saying that going back to what gwent used to be is the only way to fix it is simply incorrect. all you have to do is think outside the box. disclaimer: I'm not defending gwent in it's current state.

Squad then GO back to gwent în witcher 3. The devs worked hard and you cannot show a small gratitude?
Why would we show gratitude? Just because they worked hard doesn't mean we have to like their product. I won't thank them for replacing a Gwent with - like SquaZ puts it - Thronebreaker Multiplayer.

I was leading by 30 points in R3, all was good, destroyed 2 spears, I was absolutely gonna win, then my opponent played Wolfsbane followed by the Wild Boar, in the end I lost by 1 point, screw these cards. And screw tall monsters, lots of decks like that lately, and with the nerf to Xavier I don't like where this game is going.
And I found the removal meta to be good, because without it, some decks would be unstoppable, if you can't destroy/lock the key units of Foltest Orders and Emhyr Witchers then you instantly lose.
I liked the old Gwent so much, but not this one. Sure the graphics are better and I like them, the Reward Book is nice, but the card abilities are uninteresting, the gameplay is so much worse.
And the coin flip bonus is way too strong in some decks, buff by 5 is too much, I would reduce the value to 2, maybe 3. If they buff a good card that generates more value the entire round and you can't remove said card, round 1 is instantly lost, round 2 you bleed and round 3, if you can even get to round 3 in these situations, is usually lost to some finisher. Lack of tutors is really bad.
And last but not least, Regis can be broken, because all the cards have way too similar power values, it's super easy setting a good Regis that can obliterate a full row for a 20+ point swing.

I just asked in another thread about rolling back the game or making old version available next to HC. But the answer was negative... I had hope in the past that CDPR will listen to people who made the game to that point because if I wouldn't play, and thousands of people wouldn't play this game wouldn't be popular or wouldn't come that far. I was even thinking that CDPR was one of the best game developers ever (since they made an awesome game like Witcher). But unfortunately, the time has changed. They don't care about us. I just uninstalled the game. And I'm gonna play Gwent in Witcher 3 (which is better). They can keep going to satisfy newcomers but I won't be forgiving them because they ignored who made this game popular like this. Anyways, farewell Gwent.

They don't care about us.

Even if it may appear that way, that doesn't mean that it's automatically true. Homecoming might not be to everyone's taste, but that isn't to say that CDPR has turned a blind eye towards the community. The devs genuinely want to improve the game, but the means they've used may have been a bit too drastic.

And I'm gonna play Gwent in Witcher 3 (which is better).

Despite of what you may think of Homecoming or the Gwent Beta, Gwent in The Witcher 3 was a unbalanced mess of spy and weather spam on top of most cards not having any ability or proper balancing. The game was good enough for a mini-game within the Witcher 3, but nowhere near anything that could have been used for a competitive online CCG. It's a bit like how Thronebreaker is now, ironically (minus the lack of abilities).

Even if it may appear that way, that doesn't mean that it's automatically true. Homecoming might not be to everyone's taste, but that isn't to say that CDPR has turned a blind eye towards the community. The devs genuinely want to improve the game, but the means they've used may have been a bit too drastic.
I look what I get at last. Can I play the Gwent I want right now? No. Was the game changed completely and taken from me? Yes. And I don't care what are they trying to 'improve' in the new game because I don't play. 'For me', the only improvisation can be downgrading Gwent and make some mini changes like nerfing some overpowered cards. Plus, I paid for beta because I trusted them. But nobody is giving my money back. I'm in a loss in both ways.

Despite of what you may think of Homecoming or the Gwent Beta, Gwent in The Witcher 3 was a unbalanced mess of spy and weather spam on top of most cards not having any ability or proper balancing. .
Still better than HC ;)

I look what I get at last. Can I play the Gwent I want right now? No. Was the game changed completely and taken from me? Yes. And I don't care what are they trying to 'improve' in the new game because I don't play. 'For me', the only improvisation can be downgrading Gwent and make some mini changes like nerfing some overpowered cards. Plus, I paid for beta because I trusted them. But nobody is giving my money back. I'm in a loss in both ways.

But still, it is not the developers fault, that the Homecoming Gwent came to be how it is today.
Someone way up them decided to go this way and their underlings had to put their "Vision of squeezing more money out of the Witcher franchise", yes dear boys, girls and Mods it is always the money, into reality. They were given how management wanted it to become, and they just did their jobs. Don't give them all the blame.
Do a lot of people like it? Actually i have no idea of how many hate or love it. I think there was no census or other "official" number.

If you don't like it, stop playing it!

Can we create a thread "things I &*%king hate about this ^$%king game"?!

Here's the scene - ST Eithne vs MO Eredin. I lost R2, but maintain CA of 8 v 7 cards R2. Oppo allegedly decides to go for it, counting on Regis but I'm running Imlerith and don't have a lot of units. Didn't have many R1 either, so had to use two mulligans and got two WH Hounds. First card they play is Neophyte, so I play hound as it's 3 STR....turns out it only does ONE damage, in spite of being the strongest card on the board. Shit mechanic. None the less, the round keeps going and I realise the oppo is going for the win so I maintain CA throughout with Regis, somewhat randomly as I only had 3 units in a row, being his last play. I'd played Black Blood to counter his last play, as I was expecting Aglais. That's a bit weird, but ok. So I won the round AND had CA going into the final round. Had Swallow as my last card, 2 mulligans. FInal round, got a "deal" of shackles, ale, lacerate. I need a unit to win. Two mulligans and all I have is a Cyclops, so fine, I've got CA so if I can get this fella down and boost it I'll be fine. Of course, this is &$^%ing Thronebreaker online, not Gwent. My early strategy to get CA counts for &$^%ing nothing, because no matter what happened I was gonna lose. Sure enough, oppo had Geralt, Eithne just balanced me out to 9 and BLAMMO, game lost with a card still in my hand.

Very next game, another stupid NG matchup (CDPR put me against NG about 95% of the time, to keep my ELO down). Last 5 cards the oppo has - Tibor (draws a fckign hound, cancels Imlerith) Imperial Golem (another hound), Yenn, Xarth, Doregay. Did I have Black Blood in my hand? Nope. How about any of my damage inducing cards? Nope. How about the ability to boost any card above Tibor? Nope. They're all in the deck still. I wish I was making this up, but you cannot believe how crap and &%*ked this game is. If it was a CD-ROM, it'd be a coaster or a frizbee by now.

Next game. NG again. First round, "Create and play a bronze faction" - Cyclops, which kills his sargent to destroy Jonny. It's so fcking convenient. Play dragon, oppo has assasssnation. ITS SO FCKING CONVENIENT.

I mean, the better players might explain what I did wrong in either case but i can't keep the Cyclops low power because the oppo has Eithne. But Geralt can destroy big cards, that UTTER BULL Geralt card destroys divisions of three - yet Eithne can subtract 1, 2, or 3, therefore ensuring a victory. Everything about this piece of turd game screams "fix" at worse, or just "broken" at best. CDPR have dropped such an almighty bollock, I kinda hope they get what's coming for crapping on the community.

Last edited:
Sure enough, oppo had Geralt, Eithne just balanced me out to 9 and BLAMMO, game lost with a card still in my hand.

That happens all the time. Nothing special. This time it's Geralt, next time it will be Gaunter (with NR). Part of the game is predicting your opponent's cards and try to achieve maximum value. In your game, if the opponent was behind on points, I would have hold unto Cyclops until the last play, knowing the opponent could probably remove it, even it it meant discarding Ale. Not that there was only one correct play. There is always a risk.

Since HC is not as consistent as Old Gwent, all i can say is that your Opponent is blessed by RNGsus.
Next time you play, remember to pray.

RNGsus.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom