Animals

+
How about you spice things up and add mutated animals?

Because mutations, at least the type you are thinking of, don't appear in the source manual. They are not part of the game. The game doesn't need crutches like that.

Because mutations, at least the type you are thinking of, don't appear in the source manual. They are not part of the game. The game doesn't need crutches like that.

It really doesn't. Much of the charm of Cyberpunk 2020 is it's very real possibility of happening not far from now. You can play in what should feel very much like a Real World, because there's a not-bad chance you will be, sometime in the next few decades.

Gives it a certain...Edge.

What Sard said.
CP doesn't need sci-fi gizmos or mutants or whatever to make it interesting.
It''s interesting BECAUSE it's plausible and realistic.

How about you spice things up and add mutated animals?

i dont think so.....or do you want to see mutated animals like the ninja turtles?

There will probably have some cats/rats/wild dogs in Night City, wilds animals in the wastelands (probably a few "mutants" one) but no place for Radscorpions or whatever, it's Cyberpunk, not Fallout.

AVs? Is that Aerial Vehicles... or Armoured Vehicles? Or something else?

Either way... sometimes neither of those might be the best option.

CP2020 has lightly armored/armed aerial vehicles already (not tanks, more akin to APCs).

While legged armored suits/robots are fun to look at they have several issues with mobility (ground pressure in particular) which is why you haven't, and won't, see any man-size or larger ones in real-life use (except in very special very limited circumstances). Something akin to the power loader in the Aliens movie would work fine, as long as it was operating on a level properly reinforced deck/floor, but couldn't possibly travel cross-country.

Last edited:
CP2020 has lightly armored/armed aerial vehicles already (not tanks, more akin to APCs).

While legged armored suits/robots are fun to look at they have several issues with mobility (ground pressure in particular) which is why you haven't, and won't, see any man-size or larger ones in real-life use (except in very special very limited circumstances). Something akin to the power loader in the Aliens movie would work fine, as long as it was operating on a level properly reinforced deck/floor, but couldn't possibly travel cross-country.

Don't you crush my dreams of us having Mechs likes the ones in Mech Warrior someday! XD

Anyway... of course walkers have a limited use, and if the ground is to soft it can be a problem for them. But I am certain we will see some use for them in the future.

Isn't the area outside of Night City supposed to be post-apocalyptic and bombed to all hell like in Fallout? Make (slightly) mutated California wildlife! : 3

Isn't the area outside of Night City supposed to be post-apocalyptic and bombed to all hell like in Fallout? Make (slightly) mutated California wildlife! : 3

Nope, more polluted all-to-hell and more-or-less abandoned by the government and crumbling into ruin.

@wisdom000 will hate me for this, but although there aren't post-apoc mutants, it's amusingly possible for some gene-modified pred animal to have escaped/been let loose and bred in the outside world. Thus giving you your murder-creatures roaming the wasteland. Also cooler than mutants. Oh and this would only be possible if there were still animals outside, but there aren't - polluted rain killed em all. Grin.

Nope, more polluted all-to-hell and more-or-less abandoned by the government and crumbling into ruin.

Yep. And of course, great swathes of California desert, now even more impressive as the warming climate eats up greater and greater stretches of once-arable land.

Animals Opinion

I don't think animals should be added as well, the Devs can personally pay more attention to far greater things then this (if they pulled it off, then the animals thing I'm sure would be easily overlooked by Players).

Last edited:
@wisdom000 will hate me for this, but although there aren't post-apoc mutants, it's amusingly possible for some gene-modified pred animal to have escaped/been let loose and bred in the outside world. Thus giving you your murder-creatures roaming the wasteland. Also cooler than mutants. Oh and this would only be possible if there were still animals outside, but there aren't - polluted rain killed em all. Grin..

Ironically, all of Fallouts really horrendously dangerous apex predators of unlikely lineage are actually genetically engineered in cannon. Is a world of near sociopathic disregard of consequences.

If there are animals, there should be poaching as well.

Or perhaps vermin. To spread diseases and plagues.

And letting us being able to poach with the poachers and have the ability to buy medicine for any diseases we may have accumulated from any of the predators (if there were animals that is).

They state that most of the birds and critters died in the clouds of acid rain and pools of chemicals (or some such disopian spiel), in the main book. But later on say that that is a lot of spin. Of course there are animals out there, the ecology needs them. But an incredibly vast number of species have become extinct.

Still, I think there's room for animals in the game. I don't think there is room for them to be controlled or owned by the player. But for sure, rats, mice, pigeons and other vermin should probably seen, less in the Corp District, more and more further out from there. And then for the higher species, have cyber dogs and other critters as part of security for some Corp or Government facilities.

How did they describe them in Shockwave/Firestorm? OADWS? Organic Area Denial Weapon Systems. Damn near lost a leg to a bloody cybershark in one session! Only the Ref had a weak moment, and let me keep the leg. I'd have been fine with getting it replaced. lol

Oh, as for poaching, I don't think so. Can you 'plink' them? Sure, if you can shoot them, they'd die, even with a tiny .22. I don't see any need to go gathering animal bits. It's no the Witcher. lol

Top Bottom