Any chance of Conan review The WItcher 3?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of Conan review The WItcher 3?

So today was released Conan reviews CoD:AW. I love his sense of humour and I really would like to see his reaction om the great Witcher 3. (I lol'd on his Tomb Raider review).
He can also appreciate graphics and all that stuff, although he is not really a gamer. The actual person who really enjoy it is his colleague. But it's all about fun of course.

Does anyone of you know how this review process exactly works? Game distributor contact teamcoco and they make some deal or? :hmm:
Because I think this is also a great advertising, since he played a real known games like Skyrim,GTA V, Halo and so on and I think Witcher 3 is now a really KNOWN game.

Obviously depends on CDPR pr department. I bet whole "Conan reviews" is payed promotion so CDPR would have to pay them. It is possible but at the same time I don´t see difference between Conan doing jokes about something and Conan doing jokes about Witcher 3.

Might be in the minority on this, but I sure hope that absolutely nothing of this sort is gonna happen, ever.

Robert E Howard died in 1936 as far as I can recall, though I suppose the Cimmerian of titanic mirths and melancholies could be written by somebody else. He wasn't really a man of many words though.

I have a love-hate relationship with Conan in his gaming review videos. He's very funny on one hand, but there were times when he acted like a huge asshole to his co-worker\employee. I actually squirmed a few times. It was basically humiliating him for laughs.

Well, that's just classic comedy, not to be taken seriously.

Anyway, Conan's okay, don't know that having him promote the game is necessary though.

Last edited:
I really like Conan's humor (one of the few Americans that make me laugh). And his clueless gamer are pretty funny, because he isn't a gamer and notices things we don't really see or care about. And his jokes towards his co worker are probably scripted.

On the other side - considering serious and very good reviews I always like to watch - I'd really like to see an Adam Sessler review of TW3 as well as (since he is a BIG fan) a AngryJoe Review. Hope those guys get some early copies of the game :)

Regarding Conan:
I don't know if those are payed reviews though considering he reviewed/played games like Splinter Cell Blacklist, Hitman Absolution and stuff, I think more he is taking games which are very present in the media and chooses them. Like Advanced Warfare in this case, probably also Metal Gear Solid V and The Witcher 3 or Batman Arkham Knight will be shown in the future. I think it's all about which games are discussed a lot. And regarding this I think TW3 might have good chances.

Last edited:
Would have liked one of TB's "WTF is..." but he mostly stays away from RPGs I think.

Yeah that's because you can hardly make first impressions on PRGs.

We might see a "WTF is..." thought considering TW3 is more open world, maybe he does it. I like his "WTF is..." as well.

Would have liked one of TB's "WTF is..." but he mostly stays away from RPGs I think.

Sadly, he said he's not going to do WTF is The Witcher 3, because his team is sponsored by GOG, so he's afraid that it will make his impressions look dishonest. His fans really asked him to do that anyway and just put a proper disclaimer, so maybe he change his mind.

Would be a great promotion, which is why he does those anyway, so CDPR would have to separate a significant amount of money for that probably.

I doubt it. While CDPR has certainly grown in fame from when they first released TW1 seven years ago, they still aren't an established studio with a long history of great titles such as BGS, BioWare, Rockstar, etc. Conan also generally focuses on the most overrated titles that aren't even necessarily good. I think TW3 may be a bit obscure in that sense as it's predecessor was only originally available for PC and then some experienced it on the Xbox 360. Many people still haven't experienced the amazing game that is The Witcher franchise, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about it appearing on his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom