Anybody have solution to too low difficulty?

+

ya1

Forum regular
Wait for the proper patch,

Wouldn't get my hopes up. Wait for proper modding. CDPR should just release the tools and get on with it. Vanilla CP is doomed to be shite forever.

Roll a new character and then at level 13, engage every single VERY HIGH danger rating trash mob, that's what I do now. It is my first play through though.

So yeah the game is supposed to be only playable in one district and below a certain lvl?

Use the starting pistol and don't upgrade it.

Those "RPG elements..." ;)

Guest 4519094

try that
and if you can survive a couple waves without kiting them to infinity,
you can modify the mod pretty easily and spawn 10 Odas see how long you survive then :D

Use the starting pistol and don't upgrade it.
But it kills all the fun of trying / using other weapons. It's bad, and bad twice: 1st, trying different kinds of weapons is fun, and 2nd, it is also fun to be able to use weapons one finds from defeated enemies, as it feels quite "earned".

Me, i have another recipe for making the game harder - a one-liner short:

Wanna harder game? Then don't do any thing which improves something only in terms of higher numbers of some stat. Ever.

And it's much better than you probably think it is. Deets:

This includes never using mods which only increase damage / limb damage, or armor, or crit chance, or crit damage, or headshot damage. And this includes upgrading items, too, as upgrading only increase some stats (numbers).

And most importantly, this also includes any perks and cyberware which only increase some stat / number. I.e., perks / 'ware only increasing some sort of damage? Nope! Perks / 'ware only increasing armor? Nope! Perks / 'ware only increasing health? Things only giving extra movement speed? Nope, nope! Etc etc. Get ma drift? ;)

But things which allow some new ability / feature? Those are a go. Immunities, guerilla hands to rip those fences off, silencers if desired, scopes, double jump legs, etc - all things which allow to "do something different / new" is a go.

This way, we don't limit ourselves from using any and all mechanics the game has to offer, but severaly reduce "OP" factor late-game. Further, we even start to use mechanics which were simply not needed before, simply 'cause we were nuking things left and right with no need to get any tactical / smart about it.

My approach to make second attempt more difficult was to pick clothes more according to style, not the amount of armor it gives. Also, I try as much as possible to go stealth and complete tasks without being detected.

And the end its still relatively easy because its not only about damage they give you, but how smart they are. Hopefully we will see some improvement in AI in a future.

Last edited:
Wouldn't get my hopes up. Wait for proper modding. CDPR should just release the tools and get on with it. Vanilla CP is doomed to be shite forever.

So yeah the game is supposed to be only playable in one district and below a certain lvl?

Those "RPG elements..." ;)

The dude wanted to play hard core, was only suggesting a means to achieve it. I don't respect opinions of peeps who get to lvl 50 and then claim the game is tooo EZ. How about you just play it hard core from the start? ;)

Not sure if it still works, but if you're on PC you can install the save game editor mod, start up a new game and IN THE PROLOGUE (before you go to Sandra Dorsett) set yourself to level 50, also don't forget to give yourself the extra perk and attribute points as well (49).

This makes it so all the enemies will scale with your level before you start the game, therefore all the enemies are like level 50. It will still say in your questlog that all the threat levels on missions and such are very low or low, but in all actuality all the enemies are level 50 or close to it, making the game much much harder.

This does kinda take away a big feeling of progression though, but you can still feel a bit of progress as you get new weapons and cyberware, also as you level up your skills (Blades, Athletics, Quickhacking etc.)

EDIT: There also apparently is now a mod that adds NG+ mode to the game, here's a link if you want to check it out. Never tried it myself so I'm not sure how it works/feels

Last edited:
Don't glitch the game and look up how to find everything to make you super powered, and just stumble into the game like I did and learn it along the way.

Oops, too late! Far too many of you had to look things up, glitch money, dupe, keep save-scumming to get the ultimate everything.

Seriously. Don't blame CDPR for the game being too short or too easy if you went the easy-mode route.

Last edited:
Don't glitch the game and look up how to find everything to make you super powered, and just stumble into the game like I did and learn it along the way.

Oops, too late! Far too many of you had to look things up, glitch money, dupe, keep save-scumming to get the ultimate everything.

Congrats! You played yourself.

Seriously. Don't blame CDPR for the game being too short or too easy if you went the easy-mode route.
In my first play i use the money glitch yes, not fun indeed...

In my second play, i do not use any money glitch, i have almost 1 million eddies and don´t have anything to buy...

I solve the money problem quickly, i just get all junk around, invest some perks in the crafting tree and was ok, if i need money to buy something, i just craft a lot of sniper rifles and done, had the money, easy and fast, yes i use a "cheat", autokey to keep pressing the mouse button.

My opinion, the crafting system is all wrong and would help a lot to balance the game...

I said that in another post already, but i will compare to W3, a game that have a amazing crafting system, you can build everything you have spec for, but the elements to craft it is the difficult part, you need monster parts, metals etc... in CP you take a vinyl record and make a sniper rifle, cool... Don´t even see the reason for the junk store, i don´t even see the reason for all that icons in the inventory, everything is the same, all food is the same, and the junk have 2 types, the 750 eddies and the 3 eddies.

Forgot to say... i made a test, i wanted more crafting materials fast, so i stash all my guns and play without it, before start the mission i craft the gun i was going to use, kill everyone and dismantle everything, in crafting 20 you can build a big OP guns, and crafting and dismantling it, gives your more crafting materials.

Really weird to think about the suggestions to make the game artificially more difficult you need to deliberately play with self imposed handicaps. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Almost like 'trying to fail'? Personally I can't see the point of it.
I can certainly understand the OPs desire for a mod that would at least work without having to pretend. (ie pretending that weapons or abilities don't exist) although I suppose that is taking role play to a higher level.
Don't get me wrong though, the above suggestions are good ones and will at least suffice until they (cdpr) upgrade the game itself, but it would be nice if the game could provide the appropriate difficulty in a more organic way.

Ps. I'm actually OK with the current difficulty as my play style is a bit fast and loose and I often jump in without planning ahead. Although I am starting to feel overpowered now I'm on the 3rd playthrough. Better AI would be the ideal solution but not sure how hard it is for the devs to implement? Maybe bullet sponge is the next best thing. (or the more realistic option to hope for)

This game is a perfect example of the mishandling of a vertical progression system. Personally I don't think that a vertical progression system is appropriate for an open world RPG single player game. You would see vertical progression more in MMOs. Unless they completely reconstruct the progression style of this game (something I highly doubt) then the only way is either self imposed limitations (not a fan of those) or some type of large combat overhaul MOD that changes enemy AI or scaling in some fundamental and more challenging manner (this is most likely the best hope)

You don't have to glitch the game to get to level 50. Or even by 40, enemies are too weak. You just have to do a large amount of sidequests and open world events. Even if you didn't at first, if you wanted to go back afterwards to do those quests, it will be boring because you are too high level and enemies just melt. So you're basically saying we're not allowed to 100% the game. Rush the story and do no (or only a few) sidequests.

As far as save-scumming to get the ultimate everything, by the time you craft legendaries, for power weapons at least, the only bad modifier you can get is ricochet damage. You will still get two out of three of crit%, crit dmg, and headshot dmg. The "bully" (+30% crit dmg) armor mod appears pretty often on higher level gear, so with the correct perk you can disassemble the item to get it back. It is ridiculously overpowered. Between headshots, crits, sneak attacks, and +base damage% perks, you can easily get over 100x base damage. Not to mention the invisible multipliers against enemies lower level than you.

You don't need money or ultimate weapons. I have to use an item level 10-15 weapon with no mods, and no additional crit/headshot dmg, in order for my damage to be reasonable.

If CDPR never intended us to reach level 50, the cap should have been lower. If it was set high because they planned to release DLC, they should have waited, then raised the cap.

Don't blame us for saying it's overpowered when you don't understand the mechanics.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. BODY attribute is OP. Don't spec into the armor perks too much or you will have zero challenge.

Stay away from quickhacks!! Once you get the Epic versions, you can kill anything on two legs with a few mouse clicks... even Cyberpsychos (with one reset hack)

But thats one of main things in Cyberpunk that you can use high-tech hacking or body modifications so whats the point of not using them?

I was never a fan of constant level-ups in games, especially where you have a lot of money to buy needed stuff later on during the game. So why increasing your armor and health rapidly to the sky level? Why dont allow slow progress so you still be vulnerable without your guns or hacks and not becoming super hero? But I guess its standard in games so a lot of people would bitch.

Shit people do.. Always amazes me, how do you even play with so many self imposed rules in a action game

The game is simply not difficult. Putting self imposed rules on yourself doesn't make the game itself more difficult. If you place self imposed rules to make the game more challenging then more power to you, but game difficulty shouldn't be the player's responsibility.

Guest 4531988

Play on very hard with no armor and use only your fists, like those hardcore Dark Souls playthroughs on YouTube.

Fist scale with level, armor is more of the issue. The Starting pistol un-upgraded will be worse very quickly.

I just like the simple solution of leave it as is for the ppl who enjoy it as is but provide a means for others to cater difficulty for themselves in the form of something like Skulls from Halo

I think it would take alot of work to "balance" gameplay, though im no dev so i dont know, but i do know theres not just 1 or 2 routes that are OP, everything is, the only "challenge" on very hard is on a fresh character until about lvl 10, i've played blades, pistol, shotgun, fists, AR, SMG, hacking, bats etc everything the game offers an then combos of them and not 1 is weak, some have a "weak" side like if your full on stealth/hacking you'll no survive long if found compared to a street brawler who can tank the map but unlike the stealth/hacker the street brawler cant take out the entire map without moving or through walls, slight exaggeration i know.

I'll say again there aint no one thing OP its everything an ppl artificially gimping themselves aint a solution but then gutting the full gameplay system an nerfing every character into the ground is possibly not the solution either.

Took me a wee while longer to be OP in W3 granted but i still got there an i did become a unstoppable whirlwind of death that nothing could kill with one press of a button

Top Bottom